Windows 10: Problem entering into WinRE. Windows 10 2004

Discus and support Problem entering into WinRE. Windows 10 2004 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I will try to make a long story short... after the update to 2004 my notebook start having problems and when I tried to get into WinRE, it wouldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/paladinsama, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Problem entering into WinRE. Windows 10 2004

I will try to make a long story short... after the update to 2004 my notebook start having problems and when I tried to get into WinRE, it wouldn't load showing the error that the file winload.efi could not be found and the code 0xc0000225. Still having problems with Windows, I decided to install everything new, in the process I deleted all the partitions and let Windows Setup create them all again. After the new install, just because I was curious I tried getting into WinRE, and still I get the same error, with a totally new partition.

I have assigned a letter to the recovery partition, and checked that there is a WinRE.wim in the correct folder and dated December 2019, and I have mounted the WIM, and it seems to be a normal Windows folder structure with files from the 19041.1 build.

Any ideas why WinRE could not start? Is WinRE working in 2004?

submitted by /u/paladinsama
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/paladinsama, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Problem entering into WinRE. Windows 10 2004

Problem with 2004 IS0

It does help if you read the replies *Wink I mentioned the 4GB Fat32 limit in post #6

As for getting MCT to run on your machines, I showed in post #6 a screenshot of it running on mine.

In post #18 I suggested troubleshooting steps to get the MCT to run, and if that failed a way to split up an install.wim that's larger than 4GB.

Thema:

Problem entering into WinRE. Windows 10 2004

1. Problem entering into WinRE. Windows 10 2004 - Similar Threads - Problem entering WinRE

2. WinRE problem...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinRE problem...: As a beginner Windows user, I have a little knowledge of WinRE Windows Recovery Environment - A boot entrance that let you choose another entrances If you have and troubleshoot you machine Or your OS After all, WinRE very useful and you must have one Well, it already have in...
  3. WinRE problem...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinRE problem...: As a beginner Windows user, I have a little knowledge of WinRE Windows Recovery Environment - A boot entrance that let you choose another entrances If you have and troubleshoot you machine Or your OS After all, WinRE very useful and you must have one Well, it already have in...
  4. Bypassing bootim.exe and entering WinRE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bypassing bootim.exe and entering WinRE: When I hold the shift key and click restart my PC goes straight to a restart and puts me into WinRE. This is frustrating as only bootim.exe has the option to boot into safe mode. I was just wondering does anyone know how to fix this?...
  5. Bypassing bootim.exe and entering WinRE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bypassing bootim.exe and entering WinRE: When I hold the shift key and click restart my PC goes straight to a restart and puts me into WinRE. This is frustrating as only bootim.exe has the option to boot into safe mode. I was just wondering does anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. Attempting to enter winRE broke my computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Attempting to enter winRE broke my computer: My computer was stuck at the black loading screen after it bluescreened so I was advised to attempt to enter winRE by hard shutting down and restarting several times. After doing so three times the computer once again went to the black loading screen and then shut itself...
  7. Windows sign in problem and WinRE problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows sign in problem and WinRE problem: After an update today, Windows 10 did not recognize my password. When i enter it i receive the "incorrect password message" i verified it several times and i used it also to sign into my Microsoft account now. It doesn't recognise the pin either "your credentials could not be...
  8. Windows 10 2004 problems

Windows 10 2004 problems: I updated my windows to the 2004 version a week ago. It worked fine for two days and after the it stopped connecting to the internet. When i connect to the wifi it shows no internet access and my laptop stops working properly. the system works fine when I i do not connect to...
  9. Windows 10 won't enter Safe Mode from WinRE

Windows 10 won't enter Safe Mode from WinRE: My PC will only open into Windows Recovery Environment WinRE in spite of pressing Esc, F8, F11 & F12 and from WinRE will not open in Safe Mode. No matter what path and selections I make in WinRE it simply goes back to the beginning. The goal is to open in Safe Mode so I...
  10. How to enter safe mode in WINre ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enter safe mode in WINre ?: I cannot enter safe mode by using WINre by using Startup Settings even though I have tried pressing 5 and F5 it keeps showing the error Critical Process Died...