Windows 10: Problem extending screen

Discus and support Problem extending screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I recently formated my laptop. When I'm home I have it always connected to another screen (for easier understanding will call this monitor 2), and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chucklemuff, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Problem extending screen

Hi, I recently formated my laptop. When I'm home I have it always connected to another screen (for easier understanding will call this monitor 2), and I noticed on left side of the monitor 2, which I use as primary screen, the screen is cut-off, just a little, the windows icon has basically no padding on left. This used to work well. All drivers are updated. Some idea on how to fix it?

submitted by /u/chucklemuff
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chucklemuff, Dec 9, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 9, 2019
  3. MICKKING Win User
    Extended screen with wndows 10

I have a new HP laptop and an LG external monitor and want to extend the screen.
    As a starting point, I tried to extend the screen just using the laptop and the monitor.
    I pressed the windows icon and "P".
    Four options appear. "PC screen only", "duplicate" and "second screen only" all work.
    However, "extend" option appears not to work.
    The monitor has the expected image (if a website is opened) and an operational mouse pointer. However, the laptop screen shows none of the webpage and shows only the wallpaper image present when the device is turned on. The mouse pointer can be moved between screens.
    The web page is certainly not extended across two screens.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks Michael.

MICKKING, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Problem extending screen

How to extend C partition

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please to inform you that you need to have an “unallocated disk space” to the right of the Partition\Volume you wish to extend on the same drive. Only when “unallocated disk space” is available “extend” option is highlighted.

I suggest you to try these steps and check if they helps.

Step1: Press Windows + R and Diskmgmt.msc and try the following

a. Right click the basic volume want to extend.

b. Click extend volume.

c. Follow the instruction on the screen.

Step2: Open a command prompt and type diskpart.

At the DISKPART prompt, type list volume. Make note of the basic volume you want to extend.

At the DISKPART prompt, type select volume <volumenumber>. This selects the basic volume volumenumber that you want to extend into contiguous, empty space on the same disk.

At the DISKPART prompt, type extend [size=<size>]. This extends the selected volume by size megabytes (MB).

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Problem extending screen

1. Problem extending screen - Similar Threads - Problem extending screen

2. Extending screen to macbook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extending screen to macbook: I am working on a windows10 hp monitor and I have plugged in my macbook via HDMI. My macbook is recgonising tht the HP is connecting and allowing extended screen mirroring, but the hp doesnt recognise the macbook and wont allow it it exted. I am trying to use the macbook as a...
  3. Extend the screens again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extend the screens again?: Hello my MSI that is running Windows 10 That started acting funky on 10/01/22. My laptop notified me that my battery was at 10%, but I don’t unplug this laptop ever. I started to mess with my power options and that didn’t fix my issue. That’s when I tried to reboot my Pc to...
  4. Extend screen issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extend screen issue: I'm having an issue with my Laptop/Pc when im on extend screen one of the apps won't allow me to click on anything and just plays up... but my mouse works fine on the othet tabs/apps. Not sure why im having this issue??...
  5. Extend screen issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend screen issue: I'm having an issue with my Laptop/Pc when im on extend screen one of the apps won't allow me to click on anything and just plays up... but my mouse works fine on the othet tabs/apps. Not sure why im having this issue??...
  6. Extended display problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extended display problem: So I have two monitors connected to my PC, I have it set to extend, I can't drag apps or get my mouse on the other screen, it's just my wallpaper sitting on my 2nd screen, how do I get my mouse to travel to the other display and drag apps to the other side?...
  7. extended screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extended screen: my extended screen worked when i first applied it after initial setup but it lately hasnt worked and the scrren is on sleep mode it doesnt even detect a second screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extended-screen/5a429923-1d48-40a3-8a39-de97cbd58c8d
  8. Extended desktop problem

Extended desktop problem: I have a dell extended monitor connected to my dell xps laptop. Now whenever I lock my screen when I am away and come back, after unlock all the screens on extended desktop are back to the inbuilt laptop screen, which is my main screen as well, so after every time I unlock, I...
  9. screen extended

screen extended: The display on my screen is extended. The scrollbars are off to the right. I have only one monitor and am running Windows 10. I have checked "Settings" and nothing seems out pf the ordinary. How can I shrink the display back to where it used to be?...
  10. Extended Screen Resolution Problem following 1607 update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Extended Screen Resolution Problem following 1607 update: After waiting 2 hours for a windows 10 update this morning I found that my extended screen resolution (1600 x 900) is no longer supported, Control Panel only offers 1024x768 and 800x600. The laptop screen resolution has been unaffected (1366x768) The extended screen still...