Windows 10: Problem facing with Cortana and search

Discus and support Problem facing with Cortana and search in Cortana to solve the problem; I am attaching 2 screenshots without writing a lot. Two irritating problems that I faced in this version 1809 are Cortana doesn't listen to me. just... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by M.H.Mukit, Dec 23, 2018.

1. M.H.Mukit Win User

Problem facing with Cortana and search

I am attaching 2 screenshots without writing a lot. Two irritating problems that I faced in this version 1809 are

• Cortana doesn't listen to me. just showing like the photo and after 1/2 second closed down. I have tested "listen to the device" that works fine
    • when I search something it shows the broken page like a suggestion. Besides if I click to open that app the suggestion should vanish automatically but it doesn't. I have to manually click twice on the start icon
    Problem facing with Cortana and search 7e09d2c7-ddc3-4446-8311-f488cb9a32fc?upload=true.png Problem facing with Cortana and search 19fa481d-50fc-4c79-8cba-dec845a799da?upload=true.png

:)

M.H.Mukit, Dec 23, 2018
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Problem facing with Cortana and search [​IMG]

Try0x101, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Problem facing with Cortana and search

Facing issue with Cortana.

Hi Christine,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start
    menu or Cortana

Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Cortana. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Problem facing with Cortana and search

1. Problem facing with Cortana and search - Similar Threads - Problem facing Cortana

2. problem i face in cortana

in Cortana
    problem i face in cortana: dear microsoft, please give me an update about cortana because i have these issues cortana cannot hear me hwen i call 3 to 4 times it wakeswhen i ask cortana to search a web or to open an app it is showing"I'm sorry, but I can't help with that."im having a genuine copy of...
  3. Cortana and Search

in Cortana
    Cortana and Search: I deleted Cortana. I now have no search options, apps won't open, and my mouse and keyboard failed a diagnostic test. When I run troubleshooter is says my Windows Search doesn't work. I've tried every suggestion on google search, most I can't try because search doesn't work....
  4. Cortana and Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and Search: I performed a virus, malware and clean up of Windows using Tronscript. It did the job except for two things- removed the Search icon and Cortana icon from my Windows tray. I can move Cortana to the tray. However, I can't open it. It tells me need permission from the...
  5. Cortana problem- Cortana task bar box will not generate a search

in Cortana
    Cortana problem- Cortana task bar box will not generate a search: Cortana task bar box will not generate a search. I have windows 10 * Moved from MSN * Original title: Cortana problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-problem-cortana-task-bar-box-will-not/188ac747-0f46-4154-9f7c-9d66fc3855b5
  6. Cortana & Search

in Cortana
    Cortana & Search: Dear Sirs Recently my Cortana has stopped searching, stating that there is no internet connection. However, the internet connection is fine and and strong and nothing else reports this problem. I have no problems browsing at all. What's going on?...
  7. CORTANA search

in Cortana
    CORTANA search: Hi All, Is there a way to configure CORTANA to search for specific words from a documents contained in specific folder only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search/98bd5c7b-8da6-4617-b617-cb347ba56cf7"
  8. Cortana search

in Cortana
    Cortana search: I used to have a cortana search box on my task bar that I used to find files on my computer. Now it's not there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search/92876d53-09e6-4d6a-bb7a-6eeee910fc40"
  9. Cortana and search bar problems

in Cortana
    Cortana and search bar problems: Hey! I have two different problems concerning me with regards to Cortana and the search bar respectively. So the problem I am facing with Cortana is that she won't respond to anything I say. I tried setting up a microphone and in fact when I say "Hey Cortana", Cortana...
  10. Cortana & search

in Cortana
    Cortana & search: Hello, I have a Lenovo H50-55 Desktop using Windows10 (64bit). I would like to be able to talk to Cortana. The computer did NOT come with a microphone or head phones. My keyboard is NOT wireless. I am thinking about getting a COWIN E7 Pro [2018 Upgraded] #7092...