Windows 10: PROBLEM FEATURE UPDATE TO 1903

Discus and support PROBLEM FEATURE UPDATE TO 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am unable to update to Feature Update version 1903 (3) , I understand that the previous one is ending on 12 Nov 19. Last message in update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MandeepSingh255, Nov 9, 2019.

1. PROBLEM FEATURE UPDATE TO 1903

I am unable to update to Feature Update version 1903 (3) , I understand that the previous one is ending on 12 Nov 19. Last message in update history is Last failed install attempt on ‎08-‎11-‎2019 - 0xc1900101. Whenever I try to update it keeps on updating for a long time till 27% and then reboots and I get a message on boot up screen "Please insert the external storage media and press OK" , thereafter it does not move forward. I have almost 22 GB free disk space on the C Drive. I have tried numerous times but end up with the same result which is most frustrating. I then have to switch off the laptop , it tries to recover udpate with the same result. I switch off again , it then undoes changes of update and I get back to my laptop.

Can any one help, it is most frustrating PROBLEM FEATURE UPDATE TO 1903 59e0fecd-19ba-4cac-83c4-9a673ca1151d?upload=true.jpg

:)

MandeepSingh255, Nov 9, 2019

2. Windows Feature Update 1903

Hi Sara209

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. The steps which you have undertaken to block updates won't work for any feature update. Feature updates need to be blocked temporarily by using different steps.

But, I will suggest that you should not try to stop 1903 feature update. Let it happen.

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help.

Vijay_Verma, Nov 9, 2019
  3. MJLONGLEY Win User
    Windows 10 1903 update - resulting problems

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for the rapid response.

Your suggested actions are very technical - hardly for 'the man in the street'

'

If I understand correctly, in simple terms, you are suggesting changing the path/method of obtaining the 1903 update but still installing it anyway -

Surely if the problem is actually with the 1903 update then the result will be the same problems irrespective of how it is applied?

Please could you clarify in simple terms, step by step, what your suggested actions actually do and how this may solve the problem.

Thanks,

Mike Longley.

MJLONGLEY, Nov 9, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

PROBLEM FEATURE UPDATE TO 1903

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

PROBLEM FEATURE UPDATE TO 1903

1. PROBLEM FEATURE UPDATE TO 1903 - Similar Threads - PROBLEM FEATURE UPDATE

2. 1903 update probleme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1903 update probleme: I updated my windows today but when the update finished the pc restarded but after a while it's stuck on welcome screen then I waited 2h the welcome turned to restart automatique then it's started again but it's stuck again in welcome screen I restarted the pc after 4hours 3...
  3. Cant update to 1903 features.

Cant update to 1903 features.: Receive 1901 error code, unable to update one or more components. Update fails and system goes back (uninstalls) Lenovo machine. Updated drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-to-1903-features/027c4ab5-141d-4598-a13d-81108e91385f
  4. Updating to 1903 with no problems

Updating to 1903 with no problems: I was able to update my new HP Windows10 Home to build 1903 last night with no problems. I shut down all programs running in the background, ran my preferred "clean-up" temp cleaner, set a new restore point and went for it ......... Absolutely no problems!! I don't know if...
  5. Windows Feature Update 1903

Windows Feature Update 1903: So tonight I noticed that over 7 gbs of my hard space was gone. I regularly check it so it's definitely something I noticed. I checked to see if Windows was trying to update and in fact it was even though I have my updates turned off or it needs to ask before it starts....
  6. feature update 1903

feature update 1903: Hi all. Having tried to install this update yet again it freezes @ 48% on install. I have run an iso file from m/soft to install which was done as a offline installation with A/virus disabled temporary. this has happened four times now. Do I need this update?...
  7. windows 10 version 1903 feature update install problems

windows 10 version 1903 feature update install problems: anyone having problems downloading and installing latest version-1903-of windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1903-feature-update-install/e1bca81f-5120-42ce-a326-cb6c23c24b3c
  8. 1903 Update Problems

1903 Update Problems: Following the earlier Windows 10 1903 update, I had major problems viz. unable to find or access Office Word, Excel, Live Mail and McAfee Live Save all of which were preloaded onto my Dell laptop prior to purchase. I have reset to a UK keyboard, arranged reload of McAfee...
  9. Windows Feature Update 1903 errors

Windows Feature Update 1903 errors: I received this error code trying to install the update: "The exception unknown software exception (0xe0000008) occurred in the application at location 0x00007FFDEFAF9129" The update just hangs at 88%. If I try to open my browser (Google Chrome) it crashes. My computer is...
  10. Feature update to Windows 10, feature 1903

Feature update to Windows 10, feature 1903: Hello. I keep getting this message- Getting things ready- for the feature update to version 1903. It is stuck at 71 percent since yesterday. The very first time I tried downloading the update, the error code was 0x80240034. Please help. Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update at 27%