Windows 10: Problem Finding Files That Are Taking Up Space On my SSD

Discus and support Problem Finding Files That Are Taking Up Space On my SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I'm trying to free up some space on my SSD. I have about 233 usable gb on it after software stuff. 80gb of that is taken up by Apps and Features.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheOpenTree, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Problem Finding Files That Are Taking Up Space On my SSD

So I'm trying to free up some space on my SSD. I have about 233 usable gb on it after software stuff. 80gb of that is taken up by Apps and Features. However when I go into that in storage settings all of the files are under 50mb and should only be taking up a couple gbs max. I even checked the unspecified stuff and that is all just launchers, because I install my games on my hard drive. However in the past I have put games on my ssd (Specifically Star Citizen which i though I uninstalled). Is it possible that there may be some invisible files that Im not seeing?

submitted by /u/TheOpenTree
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheOpenTree, Mar 27, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

System Taking Like All of my space ._.

Windows File Explorer is not great at finding out where your hard drive space is being used . . .

• Click HERE to download a small free utility Called TreeSize.
    • Run that utility as Administrator
    • Point it to your C Drive
    • Let the list of files/folders build
    • Expand out the folder(s) that are taking all your hard drive space
    • Please provide a screenshot of the resulting window in order for us to make a better analysis of what is happening with your system and suggest a remedy

DaveM121, Mar 27, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Problem Finding Files That Are Taking Up Space On my SSD

SSD storage keeps filling up on its own

Hi Ash,

There's a possibility that the files are just hidden. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps below on how to display hidden files that's eating space of your SSD:

• On the Search bar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives,
      and then select OK.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Problem Finding Files That Are Taking Up Space On my SSD

1. Problem Finding Files That Are Taking Up Space On my SSD - Similar Threads - Problem Finding Files

2. Huge file taking up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Huge file taking up space: Is this file safe to delete? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/huge-file-taking-up-space/0ce72527-8b32-41c1-b280-0d8b45cf4a73
  3. OneDrive taking up space and causing problems!

OneDrive taking up space and causing problems!: I removed OneDrive 2 years ago but with the last update I've started experiencing issues with OneDrive files that I didn't know were still on my computer. I found a similar issue from 2018 but none of the troubleshooting helped me. I've tried deleting these files individually...
  4. Can't find what's taking up so much space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find what's taking up so much space: In my storage settings, it says that 'Apps & features' takes up 151 GB which is the majority of my C: drive. However, when I click on Apps and features and sort by size, The top app is 2 gigs, followed by 1.5 and 1. The list goes down smaller and smaller with half of them...
  5. D: drive is filling up on its own - cannot find the files that are taking up space!

D: drive is filling up on its own - cannot find the files that are taking up space!: [ATTACH] The "Other" section of my D: drive has 1.56TB worth of stuff in it; I then click within the folder and it only shows me like 3GB worth of things? Where is all the other storage coming from? My D: drive is filling up on its own Please help :)...
  6. System files taking up a ton of space?

System files taking up a ton of space?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/katkoon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hohbdl/system_files_taking_up_a_ton_of_space/
  7. **** is taking up my space

in Windows 10 Customization
    **** is taking up my space: can i ask about why there are 70 GIGABYTES taken up in apps and features [ATTACH][ATTACH] EDIT: **** like this doesnt happen on linux, why should it happen here. and if system apps take up a minimum of 65 gigabytes thats disappointing that stuff i dont use takes up that...
  8. Can't find app that's taking up hard drive space

Can't find app that's taking up hard drive space: At one point I purchased a game from Steam, which included a beta version. Since I didn't want that, I deleted it (unfortunately not through the Steam client). Now when I use the Storage app to see what files are taking up space on my hard drive, this game is shown as using...
  9. What is taking up so much space on my drive? Cant find the files

What is taking up so much space on my drive? Cant find the files: I've been searching through C: trying to find where about 300GB of unknown files are. When viewing the breakdown under storage usage, it shows "documents" at 488GB, however when I go to my documents I only get 170GB....
  10. 'Other' files taking up storage space

'Other' files taking up storage space: Alright, so I have a Windows 10 laptop with 29.1 gigabytes on the C drive. Now, sometimes when I go to settings, system, storage, and see how much space's taken up by the system files, sometimes it'll say about 17 GB while other times it'll say 19 GB. Because the system files...