Windows 10: Problem finding my original windows key

Discus and support Problem finding my original windows key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all I have purchased windows 7home premium by 2013 and have updated the same to windows 10. I had issues with my hardrive and did change the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Arun Kannan_07, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Problem finding my original windows key

Hi all

I have purchased windows 7home premium by 2013 and have updated the same to windows 10. I had issues with my hardrive and did change the same a week back and i didn't know that the shop keeper told me that when he installed windows it didnt pick the licence it seems. The label behind my lap is damaged. Any suggestions to get the same from the lap.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Arun Kannan_07, Jan 23, 2021

2. Problem with Origin

Tried that, they only suggest they call me, but I don't have a number in any of their supported countries.

MustSeeMelons, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Need help finding OS license key

you can do a couple things.. Hope this helps..

Mindweaver, Jan 23, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Problem finding my original windows key

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Problem finding my original windows key

1. Problem finding my original windows key - Similar Threads - Problem finding original

2. How do I find my original activation key for my retail Windows on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find my original activation key for my retail Windows on my PC?: I purchased Windows 8.1 years ago and eventually upgraded it to Windows 10. How can I find my original activation key that was written on the card inside the tiny box I purchased for 100$+ a few years ago?I am able to find a different key maybe my windows 10 key? using the 3...
  3. Can't find original bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find original bitlocker recovery key: The screen for my original laptop broke; i decided to get a new laptop. Apparently, when Windows updated to 11, it encrypted the drive. I log into my Microsoft account and go to devices. Both my original and new devices are in the list BUT both show only the new computer's...
  4. Can't find original bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find original bitlocker recovery key: The screen for my original laptop broke; i decided to get a new laptop. Apparently, when Windows updated to 11, it encrypted the drive. I log into my Microsoft account and go to devices. Both my original and new devices are in the list BUT both show only the new computer's...
  5. Finding Original Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Finding Original Product Key: Is there anyway to find the first product key you used in your computer? If yes, please tell me how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-original-product-key/bb95519b-40bb-48d3-9963-486909a8de1a
  6. How do I find my original Windows Product Key for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I find my original Windows Product Key for Windows 10: Unable to have administrator access. This has always been my computer. n on device encryption. Sign in to Windows with an administrator account you may have to sign out and back in to switch accounts. For more info, see Create a local or ... Select the Start button, then...
  7. Recently changed motherboards and cannot find original key

Recently changed motherboards and cannot find original key: I get the error that the servers are down and get funneled into buying another $200 copy of windows because I can't find my old windows 8 key. I've looked up what it should be in the registry but it appears to be wrong due to either the hardware change or the upgrade path...
  8. Original Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Original Key: Purchases a 2nd hand laptop which had originally a windows 7 and upgraded into windows 10. The laptop has the product key of Windows 7, can I use the same key to format the laptop and install windows 10 again?...
  9. Where to find windows 10 original key

Where to find windows 10 original key: I switched from windows 10 enterprise to pro by using generic windows 10 pro key & activated windows by a third party activator, which is not genuine activation. I want to get back the original windows 10 enterprise product key (which was genuine). I don't have the key cause...
  10. Find original win 8 product keys used?

Find original win 8 product keys used?: I entered a few unused retail Win 8 product keys on clean installs to activate Win 10 before July 29th. Is there anyway I could find the underlying product key for each of my systems? 61015