Windows 10: Problem Getting 20H2 Installed

Discus and support Problem Getting 20H2 Installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today my wife brought me her HP Envy laptop as I had asked her to let me know if she got the 20H2 update as I had a hard time getting it installed on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonT5, Nov 10, 2020.

1. DonT5 Win User

Problem Getting 20H2 Installed

Today my wife brought me her HP Envy laptop as I had asked her to let me know if she got the 20H2 update as I had a hard time getting it installed on my Omen Obelisk several weeks ago. So I look and there the 20H2 update was there waiting. So I clicked on download and install and as soon as I did that it just vanished....nothing.....no errors no nothing as if it was pulled back. I went to the event viewer and saw that Windows Update started to installing an update and I looked further and it was 20H2. There were no error codes or anything about it. I tried searching for updates in settings and it said her Envy was up to date. I went to the MS Store and dowloaded three updates in the queue there. I checked installed updates and no 20H2 seen. I ran the update troubleshooter and everything is normal. I ran SFC and all three DISM's and no integrity errors were found. I restarted her Envy and it booted up normal as usual. Now I know tomorrow is Patch Tuesday so I hope getting this 20H2 and then it disappearing from her computer was a fluke and maybe it will be offered tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this happen and if so what did you do and also what could have caused this. I read the Forum a lot and it appears that a lot of users are having problems getting this update installed on their computers.

Regards

:)

DonT5, Nov 10, 2020
  2. DonT5 Win User

Why All The Problems Getting 20H2 Installed

Today my wife brought me her HP Envy laptop as I had asked her to let me know if she got the 20H2 update as I had a hard time getting it installed on my Omen Obelisk several weeks ago. So I look and there the 20H2 update was there waiting. So I clicked
    on download and install and as soon as I did that it just vanished....nothing.....no errors no nothing as if it was pulled back. I went to the event viewer and saw that Windows Update started to installing an update and I looked further and it was 20H2. There
    were no error codes or anything about it. I tried searching for updates in settings and it said her Envy was up to date. I went to the MS Store and dowloaded three updates in the queue there. I checked installed updates and no 20H2 seen. I ran the update
    troubleshooter and everything is normal. I ran SFC and all three DISM's and no integrity errors were found. I restarted her Envy and it booted up normal as usual. Now I know tomorrow is Patch Tuesday so I hope getting this 20H2 and then it disappearing from
    her computer was a fluke and maybe it will be offered tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this happen and if so what did you do and also what could have caused this. I read the Forum a lot and it appears that a lot of users are having problems
    getting this update installed on their computers. My question is why is this happening after this 20H2 update was lauded as minor and easy to install and all of a sudden it has become a problem. In the past few months there has nothing in the form of updates
    that have come out of Microsoft that has been easy to install and all we users get are problems and headaches and this should not be happening. I do not know who is responsible for creating these updates and the finalization of them to make sure they are working
    before being sent out but Microsoft needs to look into what is going on. It has gotten to the point that I dread Patch Tuesday and wonder what updates will be sent out to our computers that will get screwed up. These update have got to get better.

Regards

DonT5, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 20h2 Problem

I clean installed 20H2 but unfortunately i don't know which version i had previously.

Currently I'm trying to install the 1803 version, since it's an old laptop.

Or should i install the ones you suggested me?

Thank you

CreepyMemes, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Problem Getting 20H2 Installed

How to install 20H2 when WU is having problems

I would try upgrading again "manually"...meaning download the 20H2 ISO, right-click on the ISO and select Mount, double-click on setup.exe

There is a step at the beginning of the install process where you can tell the installer not to download updates at this time.

Select that.

Problem Getting  20H2 Installed [​IMG]

Problem Getting  20H2 Installed [​IMG]

If it fails, download and run SetupDiag -

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...rade/setupdiag

Post the results.

OldNavyGuy, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Problem Getting 20H2 Installed

1. Problem Getting 20H2 Installed - Similar Threads - Problem Getting 20H2

2. Problems installing version 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems installing version 20H2 update: Hi, I am having trouble installing version 20H2. After several attempts, each time I end up with the error message "Windows installation could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware" and then the device shuts down almost immediately. I tried to install the...
  3. Problems after installing 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems after installing 20H2: I just installed 20H2 with an in-place upgrade plus the latest updates on 2 HP laptops different models. I have had no problems with the 15bs234wm, but I have several on the 15da0053wm. It has a 1 TB WD PCIe/NVMe which I installed just after completing the upgrade/updates,...
  4. Problems after installing 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after installing 20H2: just installed 20H2 with an in-place upgrade plus the latest updates on 2 HP laptops (different models). I have had no problems with the 15bs234wm, but I have two on the 15da0053wm. It has a 1 TB WD PCIe/NVMe which I installed just after completing the upgrade/updates, which...
  5. Installed 20h2 but could not install 2004. Is this a problem?

Installed 20h2 but could not install 2004. Is this a problem?: Hello, I could never get the 2004 update to install on my machine so I just kept putting it off. 2004 would get to 100% then say it failed after restarting a few times and then roll back. I believe I had 1909 before but I can't remember. In any case, 20H2 installed without...
  6. 20H2 problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    20H2 problems: I run Win 10 32 bit, home edition. I installed the latest features update, 20H2, twice now. Each time, I lose the mouse and keyboard. After uninstalling the update via rescue disk as the mouse and keyboard don't work in the updated windows 10, I have the mouse and...
  7. This is getting really retarded now. - 20H2 problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is getting really retarded now. - 20H2 problem: hello so, i'm having a bit of a problem with 20h2, well, also directly hate towards Microsoft and how they've fucked Windows' development/releases. but, the issues that I'm having, I'll be addressing that now: 1st problem - and it has to do with Windows task manager and/or...
  8. problem installing software in version 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem installing software in version 20H2: Hi all I had to re-install from scratch on a PC and installed all the updates available including 20H2 Windows here a detail of the current install and HW: Windows 10 Family Version 20H2 Version expl.sys 19042.630 Windows Feature Experience pack 120.2212.31.0 Intel(R)...
  9. windows 10 20h2 installing problems

windows 10 20h2 installing problems: i have a problem that when i click at the update button. It shows "getting things ready". then it took hours in completing 100%. then it get downloaded fast. Then it shows installing, after that when installing completed till 6% then again "getting things ready" was...
  10. Why All The Problems Getting 20H2 Installed

Why All The Problems Getting 20H2 Installed: Today my wife brought me her HP Envy laptop as I had asked her to let me know if she got the 20H2 update as I had a hard time getting it installed on my Omen Obelisk several weeks ago. So I look and there the 20H2 update was there waiting. So I clicked on download and...