Windows 10: Problem Getting Kicked Off Comcast Internet After 20 Seconds ?

Discus and support Problem Getting Kicked Off Comcast Internet After 20 Seconds ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Not much that I can relate here, but thought it would be worth a try anyway: Grandson has a HP Laptop, running W10. Always worked fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Robert11, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Robert11 Win User

Problem Getting Kicked Off Comcast Internet After 20 Seconds ?

Hello,

Not much that I can relate here, but thought it would
    be worth a try anyway:

Grandson has a HP Laptop, running W10.
    Always worked fine.

Connects to Comcast via a Modem (WiFi the right terminology ?), that others in the family also use. Works for them.

They are not in area, so my info is limited. Also, I use a MAC mainly, so knowledge is limited.

Seems like when he now tries to connect to Comcast, it works for about 20 seconds
    or so, and then kicks him off.

Screen that has this information apparently shows CONNECTED status.

He tried the MS Troubleshooter, but no help.
    He also tried updating the Drivers, but it seems he got a msg. not allowing him to do so.

So, might I please ask if anyone has any thoughts as to what might be happening, and what they should try next ?

Sure is funny that it does connect for 20 seconds or so.

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Apr 8, 2020

2. $10 internet Comcast

The "catch" is that your income has to be low. In order to qualify for the paid school lunch program you functionally have to be in the poverty bracket of income.

Comcast is likely going to charge 15 USD and tax, because they don't have to show the modem rental charge in their pricing.

While this is a token gesture toward those that have the least, I don't think that Comcast is doing this at a fiscal loss. The lowest tier of internet access is 20 USD a month, and Comcast will be subsidized by the US government for "providing equal access" to services. This is a step forward to getting everyone access to information, but most assuredly not going to be something that Comcast is doing out of the goodness of their hearts.

lilhasselhoffer, Apr 8, 2020
  3. slow internet speed with comcast

comcast internet very slow. I have a 250Mbps connection and get 35Mbps at best. my daughter get 249Mbps on her ipad. comcast tech support don't have a clue. the problem is in both my windows lap tops and windows phone.....HELP

patrickrogan, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Problem Getting Kicked Off Comcast Internet After 20 Seconds ?

Comcast Internet - Cannot connect to the Internet at home (all browsers affected)

Hi Micah,

The issue is that Comcast states this is not their problem. I have an Ipad and a Windows7 machine on the same network and browsing is fine. Comcast claims it is a Microsoft issue and they will not help me with it.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Michelle

MichelleMJN, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Problem Getting Kicked Off Comcast Internet After 20 Seconds ?

1. Problem Getting Kicked Off Comcast Internet After 20 Seconds ? - Similar Threads - Problem Getting Kicked

2. My internet keeps kicking me off randomly and then the driver will have a problem with itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet keeps kicking me off randomly and then the driver will have a problem with itself: Whenever I load up my computer my computer connects to the internet then within around 5 minutes it will have a problem with the intel driver which I then will uninstall and reinstall and it then starts up again allowing me to connect to the internet. It will then later...
  3. My internet keeps kicking me off randomly and then the driver will have a problem with itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My internet keeps kicking me off randomly and then the driver will have a problem with itself: Whenever I load up my computer my computer connects to the internet then within around 5 minutes it will have a problem with the intel driver which I then will uninstall and reinstall and it then starts up again allowing me to connect to the internet. It will then later...
  4. My internet keeps kicking me off randomly and then the driver will have a problem with itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Internet browsers keep kicking me off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet browsers keep kicking me off: No matter which of the two search engines I use, Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge on random days, my internet will kick me out after exactly five minutes. When I can use the internet it will shift side to side one time every time I reload or click to open a link. I've run many...
  6. Screen dimming after 20 seconds

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen dimming after 20 seconds: This just started today, but my laptop screen dims every 20 seconds if I'm not doing anything. Doesn't matter if I'm gaming, watching a video or whatever, if there's no mouse movement or key strokes, the screen dims from it's highest to lowest setting without fail. I've tried...
  7. Screen dimming after 20 seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen dimming after 20 seconds: This just started today, but my laptop screen dims every 20 seconds if I'm not doing anything. Doesn't matter if I'm gaming, watching a video or whatever, if there's no mouse movement or key strokes, the screen dims from it's highest to lowest setting without fail. I've tried...
  8. kicked off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kicked off: I get kicked Minecraft every few minutes. Sometimes it says it's disconnected from server, but most of the time it just shuts down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kicked-off/21bc9ef3-791d-4f5a-adb7-1d8280938fe9
  9. slow internet speed with comcast

slow internet speed with comcast: comcast internet very slow. I have a 250Mbps connection and get 35Mbps at best. my daughter get 249Mbps on her ipad. comcast tech support don't have a clue. the problem is in both my windows lap tops and windows phone.....HELP...
  10. kicked off wifi

kicked off wifi: I'm repeatedly kick off wifi using my ASUS windows 10 laptop, and the wifi connection is working fine in my home. What can be causing that to happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/kicked-off-wifi/6ce6899c-a009-4ad1-9c45-3755d61e5ff4