Windows 10: Problem headphone volume on PC?

Discus and support Problem headphone volume on PC? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have connected AUX headphones to my laptop, they work fine. But if I set my volume to "zero" and then increase it again, there is still no sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nikweid, Jun 27, 2020.

1. nikweid Win User

Problem headphone volume on PC?

I have connected AUX headphones to my laptop, they work fine.

But if I set my volume to "zero" and then increase it again, there is still no sound coming out of the headphones.

Only after a restart does the AUX output work again, even plugging the headphones in and out does not help.

What could be the reason for this or which setting has to be changed?

:)

nikweid, Jun 27, 2020

2. Volumes for headphones and speakers are separate

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

1. Are you changing the volume on headphone or from the sound icon in the taskbar of the system?

2. How are you trying to change the speaker volume?

I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Also try to download and install the latest chipset and Sound drivers from the manufacturer website and install the same.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jun 27, 2020
  3. gordon99 Win User
    Bluetooth headphone sound volume keeps changing.

I have a relatively new Bluetooth Pulse Echo headphone set and an Acer Aspire 3 notebook that has Windows 10 O/S. When I use the headphones with the notebook in wireless mode the sound volume alternates between normal and very low. I have run Windows Bluetooth fault finder and disabled sound enhancements to no effect. The headphones work fine in conjunction with my iPad however.
    Could anyone suggest a solution for this problem please?

gordon99, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

My left headphone randomly lowers it's volume.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• What is the make and model of the headphone?

This could be due to the change in Balance levels of the playback device. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Right click the sound icon on the taskbar and choose
      Sounds
    • Select your headphone, and click on Properties.
    • Click on Balance under Levels
      tab, adjust Left and Right to the same levels.
    • Save the changes and check if the issue persists.

For more troubleshooting tips on audio issues, refer Fix sound problems in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem headphone volume on PC? - Similar Threads - Problem headphone volume

2. With headphone volume is good without headphone volume is low why

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    With headphone volume is good without headphone volume is low why: Windows 10 ,21 H2 JapaneseAcer Inspire E5-576I noticed when I use headphone the volume seems very reasonable but, when I use laptop without headphone I got to increase volume I wonder why?Does that mean I need to install something in the Windows or else OR it is normal...
  3. With headphone volume is good without headphone volume is low why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With headphone volume is good without headphone volume is low why: Windows 10 ,21 H2 JapaneseAcer Inspire E5-576I noticed when I use headphone the volume seems very reasonable but, when I use laptop without headphone I got to increase volume I wonder why?Does that mean I need to install something in the Windows or else OR it is normal...
  4. With headphone volume is good without headphone volume is low why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with volume control while using Bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with volume control while using Bluetooth headphones: Adjusting the master volume doesn't change how strong the sound is, at all. To actually change the volume I have to do so from the volume mixer for each individual application. Any feedback? submitted by /u/mr-Ze [link] [comments]...
  6. Bluetooth PC speaker volume problem

Bluetooth PC speaker volume problem: Bluetooth wireless PC has no volume, however a it worked easily when I first installed it, but now, b all settings seem to be correct, but speaker will no longer play. At this same time, another Bluetooth speaker--lost temporarily!--has been performing without any problems!...
  7. bluetooth headphones problem on pc

bluetooth headphones problem on pc: i have tried using multiple bluetooth headphones on but i am trying to get a xbox stealth 700 to work while playing pc games, the headset itself works just fine if im on youtube or netflix on pc but when i try to play a game on pc that uses a mic it will either let me talk...
  8. Volume with headphones

Volume with headphones: With headphones plugged in, my volume stays at a constant 37 even when attempting to increase the volume. How do I increase the volume? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-with-headphones/c92bb397-4b5f-4e0e-935a-76eac624fa3f
  9. Headphones not changing Volume

Headphones not changing Volume: My Windows laptop just updated to the Windows 10 May Update (1903). After the update, as soon as I plugged in my earbuds into the headphone jack, the volume goes straight to 100, no matter what volume is shown on the actual volume slider. Changing the volume doesn't do...
  10. Adjusting headphone volume

Adjusting headphone volume: I hope this is the correct forum...for the first time I used headphones in Windows 10 Pro, and I found the normal Fn-F6 and Fn-F7 that adjust speaker volume do not work to adjust headphone volume - nor does the slider in the task tray. I can go into Control Panel and find the...