Windows 10: Problem Hiding Unwanted Updates

Discus and support Problem Hiding Unwanted Updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Problem back with 10547. Windows Update trying to install 15 year old driver for printer. Previously hid the update with Wushowhide and it was gone for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by neveready, Sep 21, 2015.

1. neveready Win User

Problem Hiding Unwanted Updates

Problem back with 10547. Windows Update trying to install 15 year old driver for printer. Previously hid the update with Wushowhide and it was gone for months. Back again this morning. Reran Wushowhide and it showed the update was hidden but still there after restart. Any ideas?

:)

neveready, Sep 21, 2015
  2. Linney Win User
    Linney, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Hiding an unwanted update

Windows 10 wants to install a driver for a printer that this computer is sharing with another cptr on the network. The driver is not correct and the update keeps getting an error code. The driver already installed is correct and does not need updating.

I don't feel comfortable with using the script files posted to correct this problem. Is there any other solution?

PatriciaBrown_1947, Sep 21, 2015
  4. neveready Win User

Found "Unknown Device" under printers in device manager. deleted it and solved the problem.

neveready, Sep 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Problem Hiding Unwanted Updates - Similar Threads - Problem Hiding Unwanted

2. how can I hide unwanted updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I hide unwanted updates: I have updates for an old 2007 MS Project. How do I get rid of , or hide, the updates? I uninstalled Project 2007.Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites KB2767916The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 3 SP3Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1...
  3. how can I hide unwanted updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I hide unwanted updates: I have updates for an old 2007 MS Project. How do I get rid of , or hide, the updates? I uninstalled Project 2007.Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites KB2767916The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 3 SP3Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1...
  4. Unwanted updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unwanted updates: How can I stop automatlc updates.Every tlme I update I can't get online anymore. It has something to do with May 2000 update messing up the proxy setting. I don't care. I'm perfeticly happy with windows the way it is.How can I stop the updates and schedulling of any future...
  5. unwanted update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unwanted update: I am continually getting an Android update dated 2016. It has downloaded and installed most days since Feb 2020....At least 100 times. How do I get rid of this pest? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-update/7b144f5f-37fb-4e52-9145-53bf98255b4a
  6. how to hide unwanted properties from details pane ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to hide unwanted properties from details pane ?: how to hide unwanted properties from details pane for an image file like tags, rating, author, camera maker, camera model etc. ? submitted by /u/dante69007 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7el8a/how_to_hide_unwanted_properties_from_details_pane/
  7. How to hide latest unwanted apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to hide latest unwanted apps: When Windows 10 came out I used the Get-AppxPackage in powershell to hide many apps that I didn't want to access. In the Creators update, though, several have returned. Money News Phone Companion And also the Lock Screen has appeared during startup again, despite...
  8. Microsoft releases tool to hide or block unwanted Windows 10 updates

Microsoft releases tool to hide or block unwanted Windows 10 updates: "When Windows 10 arrives this week, Windows Update won't include that option, but Microsoft does have a well-hidden troubleshooter package, KB3073930, which allows you to hide or block Windows Updates and, crucially, driver updates. The package was digitally signed on...
  9. Build 10162 and still no option to hide unwanted updates?

Build 10162 and still no option to hide unwanted updates?: Oh well another update and there is still no option within Windows Update Advanced options to hide unwanted updates as you could with predecessors of the Windows Flagship family of operating systems. I won't understand why they haven't added this feature because I have...
  10. Microsoft releases tool to hide or block unwanted Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases tool to hide or block unwanted Windows 10 updates: Windows 10 testers who've complained about mandatory updates in Microsoft's new operating system might have a solution at hand. The tool, available as an optional download, lets you hide or block any update for Windows or a hardware driver. One of the most controversial...