Windows 10: Problem imaging my laptop

Discus and support Problem imaging my laptop in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am trying to create an image file backup of disk 1 (500GB SSD) OS C using W10.0.18362 and Data drive disk 2 (931GB) to my backup (G) 2 TB Seagate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by provlima, Nov 16, 2019.

1. provlima Win User

Problem imaging my laptop

I am trying to create an image file backup of disk 1 (500GB SSD) OS C using W10.0.18362
    and Data drive disk 2 (931GB)
    to my backup (G) 2 TB Seagate drive
    pls see below images
    When I select image this disk I get “please select a partition to image”
    when I select next in the next window I get “the destination path is included in the image please select a different folder”
    What mistake am I making??

Problem imaging my laptop [​IMG]

Problem imaging my laptop [​IMG]

:)

provlima, Nov 16, 2019

2. System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Nov 16, 2019
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Problem imaging my laptop

System Image Problem

[table][tr][td]Version[/td] [td]Date[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.05[/td] [td]8/03/2009[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.08[/td] [td]7/21/2009[/td] [/tr] [/table]
    Which one is newer?
    Only 5.05 was offered on HP for the machine I linked.
    The description danced around some of the anomalies we're seen with drives.

Since only 5.05 was offered, I questioned 5.08
    Guess we know the answer now - 5.05 failed to flash.
    We could spend time trying to figure that out, but IMO it's better on the back burner for now

I think the next step is to try the Macrium sleight of hand to get the System Image restored.
    I'd like to get the System Image up and running to do the follwoing

• Copy Nick's data to a folder off of the restored System Image C: drive

• run a Belarc Advisor audit to collect license keys for Nick's software

• there might be other data collection that Nick can do in preparation for the final step

The final step is a clean install, install up-to-date MS and 3rd party software, and restore the copied personal data.

Nick was having difficulty locating the outlook files in the System Image - so getting it back running live is the best I can think of.

Thoughts, suggestions, and objections are always welcome and considered

Slartybart, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Problem imaging my laptop

1. Problem imaging my laptop - Similar Threads - Problem imaging laptop

2. Is it a problem with my laptop or not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it a problem with my laptop or not.: I have Roblox on my laptop and whenever I am teleported within the game to another game, like the popular game Bedwars for example or something, it just crashes and doesn't teleport me to the game. I believe it's a problem with my laptop and I emailed Roblox support many...
  3. Problems with my laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with my laptop.: The problems started 2 days ago after I got my laptop, not sure if it is a virus or something else. But every time I turned it on, cmd would appear one after the other, then I decided to restart my laptop with a clean restart, and when I did, a cmd appeared in the middle of...
  4. Problem with my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with my laptop: Problem with windows laptop I have a NVIDIA NVS 4200M, it’s very old I know but I need it. A few weeks ago, when I started the laptop, all of a sudden it wouldn’t start anymore, I had the never ending “failed to start” screen. I tried a lot of fixes and nothing worked, the...
  5. Problem with my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with my laptop: Hi, i have a problem with my laptop, it doesn't open the windows, the problem is : when i turn on the power of laptop, it loads and this message appears " preparing automatic repair" after that, it says "windows defender offline" and then, the panel of windows defender...
  6. Problems with images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with images: سلام: مدتی پس از نصب ویندوز 10 ، هنگام پخش فیلم در یوتیوب و غیره ، یا یک خط عمودی در وسط تصویر ظاهر می شود و تصویر را به دو قسمت تقسیم می کند ، اکثر موارد https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-images/5aaa29e4-feb4-44ba-9d35-36593fc36ddb
  7. Problems with images

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with images: Hello: Some time after installing Windows 10, when the video is played on YouTube, etc., or a vertical line appears in the middle of the image and divides the image into two parts, most of the time the two images are higher or lower than each other. This problem also exists...
  8. Backup/Image of my Laptop with a SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup/Image of my Laptop with a SSD: My relatively new Lenono Laptop's Windows 10 SSD suddenly stopped working and the shop said it is DEAD. So upgraded the SSD to a 1 tb but I needs some advise. I would like to get a Backup or Image software of my 1tb SSD to a 1-5tb HD in case is fails again. What would be...
  9. Problem with Re-imaging laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Problem with Re-imaging laptop: My laptop was recently reset by tech support and I now want to recover all my applications and settings from an image file I previous made which is stored on my external hard drive. So I restart to the advanced options screen. Click the System Image Recovery icon. I then...
  10. Image Quality Problems Using Projector with Laptop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Image Quality Problems Using Projector with Laptop: But on my Windows 10 laptop the color folder doesn't exist. Do a search in your system folder for sRGB -or- sRGB_v4_ICC_preference_.icc -or- sRGB Color Space Profile.icm. Other common files include AdobeRGB1998.icc -or-AdobeRGB If nothing turns up then your next question to...