Windows 10: Problem importing Chrome bookmarks

Discus and support Problem importing Chrome bookmarks in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Have tried several times now to import the bookmarks form Chrome to my favourites bar but it just will not do it . The other 10 machines are set but... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ICIT2LOL, May 16, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Problem importing Chrome bookmarks

Have tried several times now to import the bookmarks form Chrome to my favourites bar but it just will not do it .
    The other 10 machines are set but this one will not let me do it - I have installed Chrome to make sure the bookmarks are available but again from settings and the message on the favourites bar no importing..

Any ideas please.

:)

ICIT2LOL, May 16, 2017

2. how do I import bookmarks to IE11 from Chrome?

See if the easy way works.

Internet Explorer > File > Import and export > Import from another browser > Chrome.

If that doesn't work for you, export Chrome Bookmarks to an HTML file then Import that file.

Chrome > 3 dots > Bookmarks > Bookmark manager > 3 dots > Export Bookmarks.

Don

Don Varnau, May 16, 2017
  3. Bookmarks

If you decide to use a different browser, you can take all your bookmarks with you.

On your computer, open Chrome.

At the top right, click Customize and Control Chrome menu

Select Bookmarks and then Bookmark Manager.

At the top, click Organize and then Export bookmarks to HTML file.

Chrome will export your bookmarks as an HTML file. Use this file to import your bookmarks into another browser.

If Chrome is already installed on the computer where you are using Edge.

Open Edge

Click More actions menu

Click Import from another browser

Select Chrome then click Import or choose 'Import from file.

Point to the HTML file we backed earlier.

Andre Da Costa, May 16, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Windows uses the Favorites folder under your user folder. You have to make sure that bookmarks, etc are assigned as default to Chrome through Default Programs. Try using the Chrome Bookmark extension from Google to manage bookmarks. Bookmark Manager - Chrome Web Store

bro67, May 16, 2017
  5. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Yes bro but mate I have Chrome installed on this machine and the others too and have had no problems importing it's bookmarks to the Edge browser on them all so why this one.

I want them because they have a mass of sites I keep and I can put the really important ones on the new tab page but the chrome stuff just will not import.

Have done chkdsk and sfc all up to date and no go??

ICIT2LOL, May 16, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Chkdsk would have nothing to do with this. Install the extension in the link to export all bookmarks as a html file then you will be able to import them through Edge. See my previous post as to why Windows has a specific way of seeing bookmarks.

bro67, May 16, 2017
  7. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Sorry bro but I have no idea what this is about I downloaded from that link and it just seems to be another install of Chrome.

In the pic you can see I even tried Firefox because it had the same bookmarks and what I really don't understand is how did the other machines do this without an fuss at all - each time on this machine it says importing with a trail of little blue dots and nothing happens.

I didn't have to export them to any file I just did it.

The chkdsk and sfc I did because I thought perhaps the machine was a bit "mixed up" no other reason.

If I cannot get Edge fixed then I shall just use Chrome again just that I liked the way Edge was faster and easy to set up which on this machine it obviously is not.

ICIT2LOL, May 16, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

Again you need to click on the link to install the extension. See my first post. Chkdsk has zero influence on exporting and importing the bookmarks from Chrome to be placed into the Windows Favorites folder under your user folder.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem importing Chrome bookmarks - Similar Threads - Problem importing Chrome

2. Anyway to import cookies/bookmarks to Edge from Chrome?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyway to import cookies/bookmarks to Edge from Chrome?: I haven't used Edge in a while and I know you was able to do it on an earlier build, but no when trying to import stuff from another browser on the stable build it only gives me the option for Internet Explorer. Any solutions? submitted by /u/howmadstha [link]...
  3. No way to import bookmarks?

in Browsers and Email
    No way to import bookmarks?: In the Edge browser is there no way to import bookmarks? They've shown up in Spartan but not this time with 10122. Jim 6281
  4. Problems adding bookmarks to Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Problems adding bookmarks to Chrome: All of my bookmarks were imported from Firefox to Chrome. When I opened Chrome they were labeled "Bookmarks" until today when I tried to add a new bookmark. Now my options are "Imported from Firefox" and the new bookmark (folder) sits beside that one. But when I try to add...
  5. Google Chrome Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Bookmarks: After last nights crash, I have my Bookmarks here on Chrome but not my latest ones. I have a saved backup of those Bookmarks and my question is as follows ... Can I import from that saved file and if so, will the Bookmarks from that file simply over-write the ones I...
  6. Spartan - importing bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan - importing bookmarks: Not too sure what all the fuss is about with new browser & personally, don't really see the point to it being a 'die hard' Firefox user. But I'll give it a go; however, is there a way to import bookmarks from either (or both) IE or Firefox into Spartan? 5152
  7. Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows: How to: Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows How to Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Chrome. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar in...
  8. Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  9. Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows: How to: Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows How to Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Firefox. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar in...
  10. Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows: How to: Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows How to Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Google Chrome. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar...