Windows 10: Problem in all Windows Explorer instances. Focus jumps to top

Discus and support Problem in all Windows Explorer instances. Focus jumps to top in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Since yesterday I changed my display time out setting from 1 minute to 60 minutes and from then on the focus off every windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nicktrepels1, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Problem in all Windows Explorer instances. Focus jumps to top

Hello everyone,

Since yesterday I changed my display time out setting from 1 minute to 60 minutes and from then on the focus off every windows explorer instances jumps to the top. I searched on the internet but couldn't find a solution. the closed related issue is this one, but didn't help for me. Please help.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-all-windows-explorer-instances-focus/cbe7fa72-5b6a-4fd0-a50c-16170dcd1626

:)

nicktrepels1, Aug 20, 2019

2. Problem in all Windows Explorer instances. Focus jumps to top

Hi Ravinath

The problem as shown in the video (the original problem in this thread) occurs, as I noted, in all File Explorer (Windows Explorer) instances.

Where the number of files exceeds the display size of the window and a scroll bar is invoked, the scroll bar jumps back to the top after being scrolled down

Where the number of files can be displayed in the window without invoking scroll bar, operations such as Rename are aborted if they take too long (that is before as I assume the window refreshes)

I will try the command you suggest but I am backing all my files up first.

G4llovidian, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Thormalu Win User
    Windows explore jumps to top

Will i am in a folder an i am scrolled down it jumps back to the top of the current folder with out warning and a random times constantly. It only started doing this after I upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10.

How do i stop explore jumping to the top of the current folder on its on?

Thormalu, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Problem in all Windows Explorer instances. Focus jumps to top

File Explorer Jumping To Top of List Every Few Seconds

I followed your instructions step by step, restarted the computer, then went to “File Explorer” and opened up my “Pictures” folder I scrolled down about half way and waited for it to jump back to the top. After a minute or two it DID NOT jump back to
    the top. The only problem now is all of my thumbnails of photos are just icons now that look like a small sheet of paper with the top right corner folded over with JPEG written in bold letters through the middle of it.

How do I get the pictures back?

TheJoeCool, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Problem in all Windows Explorer instances. Focus jumps to top

1. Problem in all Windows Explorer instances. Focus jumps to top - Similar Threads - Problem Explorer instances

2. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows explorer jumps to top: This seems to be an ongoing problem. I have folder hierarchies of up to 20 main folders with over 30 sub-folders in some cases. The cursor jumps to the top on many occasions leading me to choose the wrong folders. I have done away with a slideshow, changed the background...
  3. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer jumps to top: This seems to be an ongoing problem. I have folder hierarchies of up to 20 main folders with over 30 sub-folders in some cases. The cursor jumps to the top on many occasions leading me to choose the wrong folders. I have done away with a slideshow, changed the background...
  4. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 file explorer jumps to top whenever the window focus is switched from File...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer jumps to top whenever the window focus is switched from File...: Hello, I've encountered a very annoying behavior involving Excel and Windows 11 file explorer.Occasionally I need to find some files info and write it in an Excel spreadsheet.I scroll through the files in file explorer to find the correct file and then switch to excel to...
  6. Windows 11 file explorer jumps to top whenever the window focus is switched from File...

Windows 11 file explorer jumps to top whenever the window focus is switched from File...: Hello, I've encountered a very annoying behavior involving Excel and Windows 11 file explorer.Occasionally I need to find some files info and write it in an Excel spreadsheet.I scroll through the files in file explorer to find the correct file and then switch to excel to...
  7. File Explorer changing focus, jumping

File Explorer changing focus, jumping: The File Explorer jumping, changing focus, etc. has been happening for years across different versions of Windows and different PCs. No it's not color or picture selection. This issue presents itself to me when two or more instances of File Explorers are open and working...
  8. File Explorer changing focus, jumping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer changing focus, jumping: The File Explorer jumping, changing focus, etc. has been happening for years across different versions of Windows and different PCs. No it's not color or picture selection. This issue presents itself to me when two or more instances of File Explorers are open and working...
  9. File Explorer changing focus, jumping

10. Windows explorer jumping to top

Windows explorer jumping to top: When using windows explorer to search for a file, after a few seconds the screen will suddenly jump to the top, meaning I either then have navigate back to where I was or end up clicking on the wrong folder. Before you say anything: I don't have Automatically Pick and Accent...