Windows 10: Problem in Biometrics

Discus and support Problem in Biometrics in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello I made a very bad mistake, on my hp notebook with Windows Biometrics (I don't know if it's face recognition or eye scan) which used to detect my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kishvand, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Kishvand Win User

Problem in Biometrics

Hello
    I made a very bad mistake, on my hp notebook with Windows Biometrics (I don't know if it's face recognition or eye scan) which used to detect my face to login I executed .reg tweaks to disable Windows Biometrics.
    Exactly this:
    --------
    ;Disable Windows Hello
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search]
    "IsWindowsHelloActive"=dword:00000000

;Disable Windows Hello Biometrics
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Biometrics]
    "Enabled"=dword:00000000

;Disable Biometrics Login
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Biometrics\Credential Provider]
    "Domain Accounts"=dword:00000000
    "Enabled"=dword:00000000
    --------
    After a restart I cannot login at all, please help I don't want and can't re-install Windows...
    Thanks *Sad

:)

Kishvand, Jul 9, 2019

2. biometric devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Enable Biometric option.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
      key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates Windows Components Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Select enable option and click on Apply and
    OK button.

Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided below.

After restarting the computer, I suggest you to disconnect and reconnect the fingerprint sensor device and check if the drivers are getting detected in Device Manager. If the issue still persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Reinstall drivers and compatibility mode.

I suggest you to download and install the latest drives for fingerprint sensor device from the manufacture’s website and check if it gets detected.

If the issue still persist, you may also install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

After installing the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the method 3 and check if you are able to get the sign in option with Biometric.

Method 3:

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.

For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...448(v=vs.85).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 9, 2019
  3. How to change from Microsoft a/c logon to biometric fingerprint logon

Hi Vince,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates Windows Components Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Select enable option and click on Apply and
    OK button.

Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided below.

After restarting the computer, I suggest you to disconnect and reconnect the fingerprint sensor device and check if the drivers are getting detected in Device Manager.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.
    For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...448(v=vs.85).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jul 9, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Problem in Biometrics

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Problem in Biometrics

1. Problem in Biometrics - Similar Threads - Problem Biometrics

2. ACSM file problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ACSM file problem: I want to change the default app for ACSM files to Adobe Digital Editions but this option is not provided In Windows 10 the only default app shown is Adobe Acrobat (or get an app from the store - but I can't find ADE there). Suggestions please!...
  3. Problems after 1903 build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems after 1903 build: Since update 1903, chrome broken, stops and starts & scroll has problems and toggle sound on caps lock stopped working. Settings are correct, MS Support has no clue except to back out, but update happened > 10 days. Anyone have either or both those issues?...
  4. BSOD Problems only while streaming TFT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Problems only while streaming TFT: Hi. Since today Ive got three bluescreens while streaming with OBS Studio and playing teamfight Tactics. Yesterday there where no problems :( I've just installed the nvidia RTX 2060 Drivers with DDU new to the latest version. 431.36 but as you can see in the minidumps, after...
  5. Problem with 260ci WIA Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with 260ci WIA Driver: Tried downloading my pictures to my laptop but not possible but when trouble shoot, it shows 260ci WIA Driver has a driver problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-260ci-wia-driver/3d131ae0-7421-4a19-bca7-371d6294f376
  6. Blue tooth request pin code for connecting mouse, ho to resolve this problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue tooth request pin code for connecting mouse, ho to resolve this problem: I can not connect my blue tooth mouse without pin code, mouse has no code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-tooth-request-pin-code-for-connecting-mouse/1452197d-7980-470e-9f20-aa73ca12be41
  7. problem in moving a app named as Netflix

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    problem in moving a app named as Netflix: I have trouble in having moving Netflix app which i installed from windows web store serval time. As i wanted to move from main drive to other drive which has more space than main drive . But due to some bug or problem i cannot do that . Yes Still some app have option have to...
  8. Screen sleep problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen sleep problem: Hi I have my screen go to sleep after 10 minutes & as usual it's just a case of tapping the keyboard or moving the mouse to wake it up. However, sometimes when I watch a video the screen will go to sleep but will not come back on regardless of what I do. The PC is still...
  9. Tehnical problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tehnical problems: I have such a problem! When I go into a game every time my computer suddenly locks out and you can't turn him on! After a while he turns himself on! What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tehnical-problems/c8c88d32-611a-4203-9606-d24b3b76d270
  10. Problem in Biometrics

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem in Biometrics: Hello I made a very bad mistake, on my hp notebook with Windows Biometrics (I don't know if it's face recognition or eye scan) which used to detect my face to login I executed .reg tweaks to disable Windows Biometrics. Exactly this: -------- ;Disable Windows Hello...