Windows 10: Problem in changing Settings of Windows Defender.

Discus and support Problem in changing Settings of Windows Defender. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello friends, I am facing a problem on my laptop because of which Microsoft Edge is automatically opening with this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DIVAKER SHARMA, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Problem in changing Settings of Windows Defender.

Hello friends,

I am facing a problem on my laptop because of which Microsoft Edge is automatically opening with this link.(http://laserveradedomaina.com/redirect/57a764d042bf8)

And I can't ON the Real Time protection of windows defender. "This setting Is managed by your administrator" it shows this.

And in a scan few files/folder are under exclusion which I am not able to remove.

Please help me to solve these issues.

:)

DIVAKER SHARMA, Sep 20, 2018

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Sep 20, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Sep 20, 2018
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Problem in changing Settings of Windows Defender.

What the hell, windows defender?

Correct. This leaves me wondering if the update superseded gpedit settings, because these updates tend to reset a bunch of shit, or if the update broke/ignored that gpedit setting because there was some change to Windows Defender which doesn't respect gpedit changes.

Right. I'm a pretty careful user, and know how to avoid getting viruses. That's not to say I'm invulnerable or something unexpected might not happen sometime, but for me, it's more convenient to disable antivirus software than it is to have one running that constantly thinks my miner is a virus...

@Bill_Bright My problem with Microsoft is that I just want my computer to function the way I want it to. If I change settings, disable stuff, or even make changes Microsoft may think aren't particularly wise, such as disabling Defender, not using another antivirus software, and disabling UAC, I should be able to expect that it will function the same way tomorrow and 10 years from now, provided I don't make any changes myself.

Thema:

Problem in changing Settings of Windows Defender.

1. Problem in changing Settings of Windows Defender. - Similar Threads - Problem changing Settings

2. Windows Defender Antivirus changing settings by itself? Possible?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus changing settings by itself? Possible?: Hi!We have outside company that installed a program on two servers and one computer. After that servers start crashing. We manage to figure out it was do to Antivirus. We think they forgot to add folders to exemptions and turn real time protection everywhereas per...
  3. Problem with changing settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problem with changing settings: After clicking ask for permission for more time on google chrome, an adult in my family adjusted screen time settings to settings we had previously; without screen time limits. But after trying to get onto chrome again, it still prompts me to ask for more time. I have tried...
  4. Can't Start Windows Defender Firewall or Change Settings

Can't Start Windows Defender Firewall or Change Settings: I got a notification at the bottom of the screen on my desktop computer saying Firewall had been turned off click here to fix. It opened up Windows Defender Firewall under Control Panel. But I can't get anything to work. Click on "use recommended settings", nothing happens....
  5. Windows Defender: unable to change settings from block to warn

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender: unable to change settings from block to warn: I’d like to change Windows smart screen settings from block to warn because I want to have more control over my computer. But I am unable to do it. When I change setting and shut down the computer, the next time the system reverts back and I see the original settings...
  6. Problem changing keyboard settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem changing keyboard settings: Hello. I had recently changed the hotkeys for language changing in my keyboard settings and I found out that they dont suit me. However, Windows doesn´t let me make another change and a window pops up saying that I do not have the appropriate permission to change these...
  7. Windows defender settings

Windows defender settings: Is it possible to change the day and time that defender updates definitions and scans my computer or is this done by default? When scanning my system does it scan email and the register? Thanks Bob...
  8. Windows Defender Settings

Windows Defender Settings: Hi would someone help me try to resolve this? have been trying to look for an option to turn on the defender but it seems that I can't find anything. Just new to this btw. Thanks in advance. [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Defender Settings

Windows Defender Settings: Can someone help/guide me please,in simple,easy to understand terms as I'm not especially bright with PC jargon,thanks. My Windows Defender 'Virus and Protection Guard' keeps turning itself off,so every time I log on I have to reset this myself,and I've no idea how to change...
  10. Change Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10: How to: Change Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10 How to Change Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10 Starting with Windows Defender Security Center. Exploit protection is built into Windows 10 to help protect your device...