Windows 10: Problem in creating folder or copyong any file on desktop

Discus and support Problem in creating folder or copyong any file on desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; whenever i try to create new folder on desktop it gives me error "Could not find this item This is no longer located in c:/users/myUsername,, verify... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IbrahimSarwar2, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Problem in creating folder or copyong any file on desktop

whenever i try to create new folder on desktop it gives me error "Could not find this item
    This is no longer located in c:/users/myUsername,, verify the items location and try again " Problem in creating folder or copyong any file on desktop 7cfe1061-fcd7-4574-b765-92517a682c81?upload=true.png

:)

IbrahimSarwar2, Oct 16, 2018

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Pavan MK Win User
    Why all my newly created files and folders Encrypted in Desktop?

Every time I create a new folder or file and save it to my Desktop, a gold padlock icon appears on it. I tried the following steps but no use:

1. Go to C:\Users\User_Name and select Desktop folder, right click on it, select properties, then go to Advanced, unchecked the option "Encrypt the option to secure data". Then it shows one error as

"An error occurred trying to apply attributes to the file:

C:\Users\User_name\Desktop

The specific file could not be decrypted" .

2. Open an administrator command line and run "cipher /u /n" to list all the EFS files.

Then run "cipher /d "path to the file"" to decrypt all the EFS files.

Any other suggestions ?

Regards

Pavan MK, Oct 16, 2018
  4. gudiya#1 Win User

Problem in creating folder or copyong any file on desktop

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Problem in creating folder or copyong any file on desktop

1. Problem in creating folder or copyong any file on desktop - Similar Threads - Problem creating folder

2. Windows 11 problem creating folder in desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 problem creating folder in desktop: No problems until yesterday. Now, when I try to create a folder in the computer-based desktop not in the OneDrive I get this message. My username in the Users folder is rfwel and not rfwel. with an added period. System reset to previous date does not solve the problem. I can...
  3. Windows 11 problem creating folder in desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 problem creating folder in desktop: No problems until yesterday. Now, when I try to create a folder in the computer-based desktop not in the OneDrive I get this message. My username in the Users folder is rfwel and not rfwel. with an added period. System reset to previous date does not solve the problem. I can...
  4. Can not create a new folder on the desktop and in file explorer in any folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not create a new folder on the desktop and in file explorer in any folder.: Have tried all previous suggestionssfc /scannow, DISM, reset file explorerexplorer.exe, perform clean boot and perform repair upgrade and others. Nothing has fixed/solved this problem. Don't know when this started, I usually don't create new folders that often. Please help....
  5. Creating a 'new folder' on the desktop

Creating a 'new folder' on the desktop: On both windows 10 computers, when I right click the desktop, to try and create a 'new folder', the computer does not recognize the desktop and can not create a new folder....
  6. How to create a folder on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to create a folder on the desktop: WIN10 is updated and now I can't create a folder on the desktop PLEASE HELP *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-folder-on-the-desktop/a9a9c70e-6461-4265-b4fd-a912d8b41ac3
  7. Creating folder on desktop redirected folders error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creating folder on desktop redirected folders error: A member of staff wanted to clean up his desktop and started messing with the folders. Unfortunately he does not remember what he did prior to the error. His desktop is full up of icons and now when right clicking and adding new folder he gets the message below. [ATTACH]...
  8. Create folder for filing

Create folder for filing: Hi I am new to HP Powerful x 360 . Want to learn how to create folder for filing in window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-folder-for-filing/8a03b6da-36af-474c-88a7-ea210e5667e0"
  9. unable to create folder on the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to create folder on the desktop: Hi I have a problem with my Win 10 I can not create a new folder directly on my desktop first I get message that I need to confirm the action [img] and when I click continue to that I get another pop up window that I need permission to perform this action [img]...
  10. Create "New Folder" opens "New Shortcut" on desktop any ideas?

in Windows 10 Support
    Create "New Folder" opens "New Shortcut" on desktop any ideas?: Hi Folks, After a recent fresh install of Win 10 I have had this issue and a few more: i) When I try to create "New Folder" it opens "New Shortcut" on desktop any ideas? as in pic below. ii) I cannot create new installed Desktop "Short Cuts" - I have taken ownership /...