Windows 10: Problem in Indexing

Discus and support Problem in Indexing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having a problem with the indexing. Indexing options opens the window with empty locations. Modify is disabled On clicking advance, opens the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by srasheedbasha, Sep 27, 2018.

1. srasheedbasha Win User

Problem in Indexing

I am having a problem with the indexing.

Indexing options opens the window with empty locations. Modify is disabled

On clicking advance, opens the rebuilt window after a long period. The window is empty. No path for current location.

On clicking rebuilt it will not do rebuilting of index.

Did all the basic operations like search service off and on. Change of the Regedit. Running the troubleshout etc.

attaching the images of the index options
    Problem in Indexing [​IMG]

:)

srasheedbasha, Sep 27, 2018
  2. David Haz Win User

Unable to make changes in Indexing Options

Hello,

We suggest to run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter and check if it helps with the indexing issue you are experiencing.

Here's how you may run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting, and then click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the steps provided by the troubleshooter.

Tell us how it goes.

Regards.

David Haz, Sep 27, 2018
  3. SujataMoktan Win User
    Indexing is not working

Hi Doc,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This issue may occur due to corrupt Windows search files or settings. I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

• Click troubleshooting in the search results.

• Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

• Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Check if Indexing and Windows Search services are enabled. If not, enable them, if they are already enabled, then disable Windows Search Service and then enable again and restart.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type services in the run box, go to the Windows search services and restart them.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Jan Del Win User

Problem in Indexing

Windows 10 indexing / search

Hi Erik,

System conflict is one of the possible reasons why the index built will not function properly. We suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by following these steps to resolve your issue:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click
      Next for the troubleshooting to begin.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Problem in Indexing

1. Problem in Indexing - Similar Threads - Problem Indexing

2. "getting windows ready'' problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "getting windows ready'' problem: Hi every one I have customised version of windows 10, called windows 10 lite, ( same to orginal but some applications and services removed to make windows faster. it is working great for me but i have problem at every time i shut down or start windows, i get message (...
  3. Problems with the TV and Videos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with the TV and Videos app: Last night I played two of my personal videos and after that the application refused to open! It was loaded forever and then gave an error notice! What happened? Nobody knows?...
  4. Signing in problem.

Signing in problem.: I have a Windows 11 mail and have used it forever but now it will not accept my password and I don't know how to change it as every word is rejected. Another problem is that I wish to transfer a few emails from my Gmail account over to Windows but cannot sign in. What am I...
  5. Sticky Notes Problem

Sticky Notes Problem: The Sticky Notes app is being very frustrating. I can open up the main menu of the sticky notes app (seen in the picture), but the individual notes will not open up - meaning I can't view the whole notes and I can't edit them. Even when right clicking and clicking 'open...
  6. MIDI file problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    MIDI file problem: Recently I have downloaded a MIDI file from YouTube for remixing, I didn't have any problem downloading the file, but when I drag my MIDI file into the piano roll in FL studio 20, it only comes up with the bass chords. I got confused for a while, then decided to open the MIDI...
  7. Problem when updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem when updating Windows 10: My PC had a serious problem. No Windows system window, e.g., "Task Manager" "Uninstall Updates", System tray entities, nor any MS Office apps, would display any text, either in the menus or work areas. I tried re-booting a few times to no avail. There was no indication of...
  8. Search & Index problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Search & Index problem: Hi, I have installed a program called Windows10 Manager. It has sub-program executables (independent of the main program) [img] I want to quick access them pressing the windows key and start typing their name which invokes suggestions. I have specifically indexed only...
  9. Problems with Windows10 Photos App: 1) all pictures go to 1 file instead of files indexed...

Problems with Windows10 Photos App: 1) all pictures go to 1 file instead of files indexed...: I try to import photos from my iphone 8 to my Dell laptop with Windows10, both running with up to date versions of their software. I connect iphone to the PC with a USB cable. Photos app came with the laptop. I read most of the answers from the community but they didn't solve...
  10. Groove music - i'm losing my mind! (indexing problem - probably)

Groove music - i'm losing my mind! (indexing problem - probably): Groove Music - the default music app in windows 10 is behaving a bit weird lately. So, the symptoms are as follows: when I add a series of mp3s in my folder, which is set as default music location in Groove Music, the files aren't being added. Granted, since forever this app...