Windows 10: Problem in Indexing

Discus and support Problem in Indexing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having a problem with the indexing. Indexing options opens the window with empty locations. Modify is disabled On clicking advance, opens the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by srasheedbasha, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Problem in Indexing

I am having a problem with the indexing.

Indexing options opens the window with empty locations. Modify is disabled

On clicking advance, opens the rebuilt window after a long period. The window is empty. No path for current location.

On clicking rebuilt it will not do rebuilting of index.

Did all the basic operations like search service off and on. Change of the Regedit. Running the troubleshout etc.

attaching the images of the index options
    Problem in Indexing [​IMG]

:)

srasheedbasha, Sep 27, 2018
  2. David Haz Win User

Unable to make changes in Indexing Options

Hello,

We suggest to run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter and check if it helps with the indexing issue you are experiencing.

Here's how you may run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting, and then click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the steps provided by the troubleshooter.

Tell us how it goes.

Regards.

David Haz, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Indexing is not working

Hi Doc,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This issue may occur due to corrupt Windows search files or settings. I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

• Click troubleshooting in the search results.

• Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

• Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Check if Indexing and Windows Search services are enabled. If not, enable them, if they are already enabled, then disable Windows Search Service and then enable again and restart.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type services in the run box, go to the Windows search services and restart them.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Jan Del Win User

Problem in Indexing

Windows 10 indexing / search

Hi Erik,

System conflict is one of the possible reasons why the index built will not function properly. We suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by following these steps to resolve your issue:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click
      Next for the troubleshooting to begin.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Problem in Indexing

1. Problem in Indexing - Similar Threads - Problem Indexing

2. MIcrosoft index is not working properly and INDEX IS PAUSED problem continues to be there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIcrosoft index is not working properly and INDEX IS PAUSED problem continues to be there: Hello,I am facing a critical issue with Microsoft 11. I have tried rebuilding the index several times and unchecked everything in the index, but it still shows "indexing is paused" after running for a while. This problem is affecting my job, and I regret upgrading to...
  3. MIcrosoft index is not working properly and INDEX IS PAUSED problem continues to be there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIcrosoft index is not working properly and INDEX IS PAUSED problem continues to be there: Hello,I am facing a critical issue with Microsoft 11. I have tried rebuilding the index several times and unchecked everything in the index, but it still shows "indexing is paused" after running for a while. This problem is affecting my job, and I regret upgrading to...
  4. BSOD Problems - IRQL Not Less or Equal, and APC Index Mismatch

BSOD Problems - IRQL Not Less or Equal, and APC Index Mismatch: I have the memory dump files here - LinkI keep getting IRQL and APC index mismatch errors - I've run Driver Verifier and also got the log from it, so could you please check what's wrong with my computer? I even did a full reset of my computer, but that didn't work and my...
  5. BSOD Problems - IRQL Not Less or Equal, and APC Index Mismatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Problems - IRQL Not Less or Equal, and APC Index Mismatch: I have the memory dump files here - LinkI keep getting IRQL and APC index mismatch errors - I've run Driver Verifier and also got the log from it, so could you please check what's wrong with my computer? I even did a full reset of my computer, but that didn't work and my...
  6. BSOD Problems - IRQL Not Less or Equal, and APC Index Mismatch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Indexing Problem

in Cortana
    Indexing Problem: I can't index in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu. It does work but it doesn't show up in search results. Please help me as soon as possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/indexing-problem/a73b230d-360e-4739-82a6-0f8493c14b7a
  8. Problem with File Indexing File explorer on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with File Indexing File explorer on Windows 11: Hi to the experts here,I have a couple of problems-1 I am trying to click on "Properties" of the 3 dots menu of File Explorer to be able to conduct Option 4 "ALLOW FILE INDEXING" of the following link but, unfortunately, it's disable on my...
  9. Problem with File Indexing File explorer on Windows 11

Problem with File Indexing File explorer on Windows 11: Hi to the experts here,I have a couple of problems-1 I am trying to click on "Properties" of the 3 dots menu of File Explorer to be able to conduct Option 4 "ALLOW FILE INDEXING" of the following link but, unfortunately, it's disable on my...
  10. Problem with indexing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with indexing: In the indexing options it tells me that indexing is complete for the folders I have indicated. However, there is nothing indexed. I have tried many things, I always hit the troubleshooter, it tells me there is a problem and then says it has corrected it, but it still doesn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Im facing problem in indexing options