Windows 10: Problem in Installing Touch pad drivers

Discus and support Problem in Installing Touch pad drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried to install touchpad drivers in my windows 10 but it is asking to add/remove the existing driver. what should I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShankerTapse, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Problem in Installing Touch pad drivers

I tried to install touchpad drivers in my windows 10 but it is asking to add/remove the existing driver. what should I do?

:)

ShankerTapse, Aug 21, 2021
  2. Dr kidwai Win User

Touch pad stopped, not in devices, Driver Installer setup does not complete

Touch pad stopped working. It is not listed in devices. Driver Installer setup does not complete.

OS reset failed to solve the problem

Need help

Dr kidwai, Aug 21, 2021
  3. Touch pad not working. I have tried everything.

Hello.

I have a semi new Lenovo laptop ThinkPad T450s with a new hard drive. After installing Windows 10 the touch pad doesn't work. It did however work before. I have spent all day trying to read up on how I may solve this to no avail. Therefore I am writing my own help request. Here is a list of things I have tried;

Not Fn + F5
    tried updating drives
    not in device manager
    not in control panel - mouse properties doesn't give me touch pad option (picture 2) nor is it anywhere in the control panel under deivices to be found
    Activated in BIOS
    I tried taking some steps I read online in the Registration Entries but files seemed to be missing (perhaps here is the problem) but only ended up making my USB mouse to stop working so that didn't do the trick.
    Synaptic pointing device is under View and show hidden devices.
    Not sure what to do about the yellow exclamation mark but it says error "This device is not present, is not working properly or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)"
    First picture.

Problem in Installing Touch pad drivers [​IMG]

Problem in Installing Touch pad drivers [​IMG]

Please help. Its driving me crazy. Thank you!

Chrisrianjan, Aug 21, 2021
  4. Pawan1709 Win User

Problem in Installing Touch pad drivers

touch pad

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

The touch pad can be disabled by you on the Control Panel of your computer.

Refer the steps below to disable the touchpad on your computer.

• Right click on Start, and then click
      Control Panel.

• Click Hardware and Sound.

• Click Keyboard.

• In the Mouse Properties
      window:

• Click the Device Select tab to disable the touch pad.

• Click the Touch Pad tab to adjust touch pad settings.

• Click OK to save the settings and restart the system and check.

Try updating the Touchpad drivers from the
    manufacturer's website
    and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand the Touchpad tab.

c. Right-click and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Aug 21, 2021
Thema:

Problem in Installing Touch pad drivers

1. Problem in Installing Touch pad drivers - Similar Threads - Problem Installing Touch

2. Touch Pad Driver missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Pad Driver missing: I have recently updated my drivers and i made a restore point for it.After updating drivers, suddenly my trackpad stopped working so i went to device manager to look for the driver HID- touch pad and it wasnt there, when revealing the hidden drivers i could see it but it kept...
  3. Touch Pad Driver missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch Pad Driver missing: I have recently updated my drivers and i made a restore point for it.After updating drivers, suddenly my trackpad stopped working so i went to device manager to look for the driver HID- touch pad and it wasnt there, when revealing the hidden drivers i could see it but it kept...
  4. touch pad problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touch pad problem: My touch pad makes things larger or small depending on something I do. I want to turn this irritating feature off! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-problem/cc8f5a00-6f41-4f84-9244-33bbdf405481
  5. touch pad problems

touch pad problems: is it possible to have my touch pad off while my mouse is plugged in on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-problems/26c2f102-37a9-4cc1-8fb3-6800547dd711
  6. Touch pad Driver update.

Touch pad Driver update.: The new widows 10 update put in a driver that won't let me turn off my Touchpad. Had to reinstall my old driver. Do you think they will fix this. Don't know if old driver had a security problem....
  7. Touch pad problem

Touch pad problem: don't work properly need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-problem/d41d66d2-f0c5-48a7-a7c6-3b2204570cca
  8. touch pad problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch pad problems: How do I disable Tapping on my Windows 10 Touchpad found the following answer For you to turn off the tap-to-click feature on your Windows 10 touchpad, we recommend trying the steps below: Go to Settings. Click on Personalization, then Themes. Select Mouse pointer...
  9. touch pad problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch pad problem: My touchpad seems disabled, even though in settings it is on. Small orange light illuminated at top left of touchpad. Only little button works to move curser. Tapping the light once or twice does not turn it off....
  10. touch pad problems

touch pad problems: Unable to enable the touchpad. I tried going to the mouse settings >additional mouse settings but there was no option for touch pad... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/touch-pad-problems/e36badf2-931a-469b-93db-b8f8e3a77680