Windows 10: Problem in many windows features after an update

Discus and support Problem in many windows features after an update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; About 2 weeks ago I updated my windows 10 but it seems that some problem occurred during that update. After that update many windows features were not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GitanshAnand, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Problem in many windows features after an update

About 2 weeks ago I updated my windows 10 but it seems that some problem occurred during that update. After that update many windows features were not working, I am listing all the problems I have encountered so far
    1. When I click on network icon in the taskbar which is supposed to show available wi-fi networks, it opens, list is blank and then it closes on its own very soon.
    2. Same thing as mentioned above happens with notification and action center.

3. Microsoft print to pdf option prints corrupted pdfs, I looked for the problem and found out that the digitally signed certificate of Microsoft print to pdf driver is missing.

4. The "Turn windows features on and off" list is blank probably why most features are not working.

5. When I open Settings → update & security → windows update it just shows "Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later."

6. Even after all these thing I was managing and working in those condition for about 2 weeks but then today my wi-fi stopped working, I checked my wi-fi adapter in device manager and it says that "This device is working properly.", also inside Settings → Network & Internet, wi-fi is not listed, it was listed there until yesterday, I also tried to restart "WLAN AutoConfig" service but now it's status is stuck at "stopping".

I tried to uninstall recent windows updates, quality updates were uninstalled successfully, but feature updates uninstall failed.

There may be many other problems that I have not encountered yet.

:)

GitanshAnand, Feb 15, 2021

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Feb 15, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Feb 15, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Problem in many windows features after an update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Problem in many windows features after an update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Problem in many windows features after an update

1. Problem in many windows features after an update - Similar Threads - Problem many features

2. Many problems after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Many problems after reinstallation: So i reinstalled Win10 few days ago cause of irrelevant things. I chose the option that keeps my personal files and stuff. Now something obviously went wrong and my programmes lost their icon, in controll panel my programmes won't show up on the list, even if their data is on...
  3. Huge Display Problem After Windows Feature Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Huge Display Problem After Windows Feature Update: submitted by /u/zanesix [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gslbe8/huge_display_problem_after_windows_feature_update/
  4. Display Language problem after feature update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Language problem after feature update: Hello. I'm facing the problem about display language. Before the feature update 1903, I can change the Windows 10 system display language from English (US) to Bahasa Indonesia entire the system. After the feature update 1903, The display language not changing entirely. Even...
  5. Many many Windows 10 problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Many many Windows 10 problems: Windows 10 being hands down the worst OS I've ever had the displeasure of using, with no signs of improving, it is giving me a plethora of different critical problems with never any indication of what the causes are (previous versions were much more stable, but when errors...
  6. How many featured updates are there?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How many featured updates are there?: How many featured updates are there? Its also been eating at my ssd's almost 100% active time at times. CPU is understandable. Latest update: wake up and pc is finished installing so I reboot and check for updates, damnit another feature update. This will be number 8. /...
  7. How many featured updates are there?

in Windows 10 Support
    How many featured updates are there?: How many featured updates are there? Its also been eating at my ssd's almost 100% active time at times. CPU is understandable. Latest update: wake up and pc is finished installing so I reboot and check for updates, damnit another feature update. This will be number 8. /...
  8. Spotify problems after feature update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotify problems after feature update: Hi, after the 1803 feature update I am not able to use the Spotify app on my desktop and laptop computers. I first noticed the problem on my desktop computer when I got a transparent window with a shadow edge, all I could do was close it. I tried using the app reset options...
  9. Spotify problems after feature update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spotify problems after feature update: Hi, after the 1803 feature update I am not able to use the Spotify app on my desktop and laptop computers. I first noticed the problem on my desktop computer when I got a transparent window with a shadow edge, all I could do was close it. I tried using the app reset options...
  10. Problems after Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607: [img] [img] After applying this update I found a number of problems. The most disturbing was that all restore points had been deleted and that system protection had been turned off. I also found that Microsoft Games for Windows 8 v1.2 no longer worked, not even after a...