Windows 10: Problem in moving items from SSD to HDD and then back.

Discus and support Problem in moving items from SSD to HDD and then back. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I watched a video on how to move items from one hard drive to another and decided to test it out. It worked! I moved my Desktop which had a location of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CourtlyTomato79, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Problem in moving items from SSD to HDD and then back.

I watched a video on how to move items from one hard drive to another and decided to test it out. It worked! I moved my Desktop which had a location of C:\User\Name to D:\User\Name. However, when I tried to move the Desktop back to C:\User\Name, it replaced C:\User\Name with C:\User\Desktop and placed everything on C:\User\Name onto my desktop. I would like for things to be back to C:\User\Name, including the Desktop, but I am not sure how to do this.

:)

CourtlyTomato79, Apr 27, 2019

2. Appdata Roaming move from SSD to HDD

Hi, recently bought a laptop with an ssd and a hdd. What i noticed was that every time i downloaded something, even though it was located in HDD, the SSD still took up space. I already moved the download, documents, etc. to the HDD.

Then i noticed that whatever i download gets into the appdata/roaming folder as well, so is it ok to move the Roaming folder from SSD to HDD?

Allen Wang (alle0031), Apr 27, 2019
  3. marxuuh Win User
    Moving files from SSD to HDD?

So I bought a computer which had 1tb HDD and 128 SSD. Windows is installed to the SSD and now there is only 10gb of available space, because all the apps were installed to the SSD. So my question is - is it possible to move installed applications (Program
    Files/x64 folder) to the HDD drive without losing any data?

marxuuh, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Problem in moving items from SSD to HDD and then back.

SSD and HDD problems

Or, is there any way I can copy everything from my SSD to my HDD, then remove all of the sub folders and files within the main folders of the SSD? This way, I will be able to manually choose what is booted by my SSD and HDD, but I have to manually move the
    folders from the SSD to the appropiate folders in the HDD. I do not think this would work, but maybe?

Don't want to do anything without any confirmation/help/etc.

Thanks! <3

robbieyoung, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Problem in moving items from SSD to HDD and then back.

1. Problem in moving items from SSD to HDD and then back. - Similar Threads - Problem moving items

2. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving windows from HDD to SSD: Hi, I bought a new SSD and I want to move windows from my old HDD, the problem is that my HDD where windows is installed has more storage than the SSD and is also full ie. 1.7TB/2TB whereas my SSD has 250GB. I want to know how I can move windows in my situation. Thanks in...
  3. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

Moving windows from HDD to SSD: Hi, I bought a new SSD and I want to move windows from my old HDD, the problem is that my HDD where windows is installed has more storage than the SSD and is also full ie. 1.7TB/2TB whereas my SSD has 250GB. I want to know how I can move windows in my situation. Thanks in...
  4. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. windows moved from hdd to ssd problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows moved from hdd to ssd problem: so i moved my c drive from hdd to ssd but my files are still in the hdd, theres windows 10 on the ssd but it dosent have my files, to access the files i need to go to the hdd is there any way to move the files into the ssd i hope you understand my situation...
  8. Moving Windows from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving Windows from HDD to SSD: Hi everyone! I have bought my PC(came with both HDD and SSD) more than a year ago and my Windows on a DVD which I stupidly installed on my HDD(and waiting 10 min every time i wanted to turn it on), but for this whole time i didn't have my SSD storage available. Today tho i...
  9. Move data from ssd to hdd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move data from ssd to hdd?: I built my pc yesterday, installed everything and my 250gb ssd is already full. How can I move my files from the ssd to the hdd? Thanks a lot! Daten von ssd auf hdd verschieben?
  10. Moving from HDD to SSD

Moving from HDD to SSD: Hello, I recently decided to buy a new 1TB SSD to “replace” my current and only HDD. I’ve been using my HDD for some time now and I wanted to make the SSD my windows 10 boot drive but I’m not sure how to do this. I wanted to make it a clean install so I can add my programs...