Windows 10: Problem in performing repair upgrade.

Discus and support Problem in performing repair upgrade. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since, last week I am having a problem regarding my windows defender. It is not showing anything the whole screen has gone blank just leaving the two... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Aditya_730, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Problem in performing repair upgrade.

Since, last week I am having a problem regarding my windows defender. It is not showing anything the whole screen has gone blank just leaving the two lines. When I checked on net others were having this problem too. I followed the solutions recommended to them. Most of them suggested to go with repair upgrade since my windows defenderwindefend was missing actually a malware has deleted it. So, first I scanned my PC with malware bytes. After that I started my repair upgrade using ISO file. But after doing some configurations it says :

"This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10.

Your PC settings aren't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. Microsoft is working to support your settings soon. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically when these settings are supported."

and give me options to either back or refreshwhich doesn't work.

I have Windows 10 Home US Version: 1909 OS build: 18363.900.

# I have uninstalled the party antivirus before starting repair upgrade.

#In Setting on clicking to check windows update it shows error: "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80080005"

Problem in performing repair upgrade. 07f6bf81-b623-49c7-8ea7-a1e7c6da25e7?upload=true.png

:)

Aditya_730, Jun 30, 2020

2. Stuck in a loop after windows performed repair

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the above information I would like you to provide the information stated below;

• Which troubleshooting steps did you performed?
    • Can you provide the error code/message you receive when the steps failed?
    For now, I suggest that you perform repair in-place upgrade on the current operating system, this will just fixes/ repairs the issues with any corrupted system files and will not restore any lost data prior to this.

In-place upgrade is to repair the current state of your operating system. Also, the issues with built-in apps on Windows 10 would be fixed when you perform the repair.

Refer: How
    to: perform a repair upgrade using the Windows 10 ISO file
    by
    Andre Da Costa and check if it helps.

Also refer to: Reset your PC

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Jun 30, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Problem in performing repair upgrade.

Cannot update to 1903

In place upgrade repairs and Windows upgrades cannot be performed successfully while in safe mode.

Instead perform upgrades while in clean boot.

Once you have ran through the steps in the upgrade check list then perform an upgrade in clean boot using the Windows 10 iso.

It may be successful after running through the check list.
    If not it should generate the better error code.
    Panther logs can be scanned to see if there are focused troubleshooting steps.

zbook, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Problem in performing repair upgrade.

1. Problem in performing repair upgrade. - Similar Threads - Problem performing repair

2. Problem with the repair inplace upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with the repair inplace upgrade: Hi there , one hour ago , i decided to do a inplace repair upgrade because i had so many problems with my OS. So now i am in the win 10 installation but its been an 1hour and half that my win 10 installation is stuck at 0% and i literally found out that i didnt lose space at...
  3. Problem with the repair inplace upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with the repair inplace upgrade: Hi there , one hour ago , i decided to do a inplace repair upgrade because i had so many problems with my OS. So now i am in the win 10 installation but its been an 1hour and half that my win 10 installation is stuck at 0% and i literally found out that i didnt lose space at...
  4. Problem with the repair inplace upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to perform repair upgrade in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to perform repair upgrade in Windows 11: Technical Level: Intermediate.Applies to: All Windows 11 editions.Revision: 1.0. Summary: If you are facing multiple issues with your Windows 11 installation, you can perform repair install with an in-place upgrade aka repair upgrade to fix such issues at once. Using the...
  6. How to perform repair upgrade in Windows 11

How to perform repair upgrade in Windows 11: Technical Level: Intermediate.Applies to: All Windows 11 editions.Revision: 1.0. Summary: If you are facing multiple issues with your Windows 11 installation, you can perform repair install with an in-place upgrade aka repair upgrade to fix such issues at once. Using the...
  7. Want To Perform a repair Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want To Perform a repair Upgrade: Hello, I want to perform a repair upgrade. So should I use the Windows 10 ISO or the MediaCreationTool ?And please also provide the steps to perform a repair upgrade....
  8. Want To Perform a repair Upgrade

Want To Perform a repair Upgrade: Hello, I want to perform a repair upgrade. So should I use the Windows 10 ISO or the MediaCreationTool ?And please also provide the steps to perform a repair upgrade....
  9. Want To Perform a repair Upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Unable to Perform Repair Upgrade with ISO File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Perform Repair Upgrade with ISO File: Hello, I'm trying to solve another problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/system-settings-closes-immediately-after-opening/7b8e402e-df34-4dc5-bc2c-d8a664e8a5b2?tm=1593889149598&auth=1 with a repair upgrade, but now the repair...