Windows 10: Problem in restoring default location of desktop.

Discus and support Problem in restoring default location of desktop. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have accidentally changed my desktop location in windows 10 to E:drive and I can't able to restore default location. How can I restore default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MitheshM, Jun 17, 2021.

1. MitheshM Win User

Problem in restoring default location of desktop.

I have accidentally changed my desktop location in windows 10 to E:drive and I can't able to restore default location. How can I restore default location?

:)

MitheshM, Jun 17, 2021

2. Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Jun 17, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Can't Restore Desktop to Original Location

OK, this is a common problem . . .

• Create a new folder on your D drive called Desktop
    • Move any files that should be on your Desktop into this new folder
    • Then in file explorer, on the left side, click Quick Access
    • On the right hand side right click your Desktop folder, choose Properties
    • On the location tab, click Move and select the new folder (D:\Desktop) as the new location
    • When you are asked if you want to merge files, select No (this is important)
    • Click Apply and OK and close the properties Dialog

Problem in restoring default location of desktop. 5bf40d4d-5548-4130-9076-8bc93b577855.png

Finally if you want to restore your Desktop folder to its default location, open the properties dialog again and click 'Restore Default' . . .

DaveM121, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Restore Default Gamebar Capture location

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to restore the default location for GameBar Captures, I’ll help you with the steps to do this.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming and select
      Captures
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Open folder to open the current capture folder.
    4. Now, right click on an empty space in the folder and select
      Properties.
    5. Click on Location tab, and select
      Restore Default.
    6. Click on OK and select Yes (Twice) to confirm the change.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Problem in restoring default location of desktop. - Similar Threads - Problem restoring default

2. Unable to restore default location of Documents.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to restore default location of Documents.: I am using Windows 11 with OneDrive. OneDrive will not allow me restore default location of my documents folder. The only document folder that is available is the one listed in Users/Marc/OneDrive. When I try to restore default location through the properties dialog box, it...
  3. Unable to restore default location of Documents.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to restore default location of Documents.: I am using Windows 11 with OneDrive. OneDrive will not allow me restore default location of my documents folder. The only document folder that is available is the one listed in Users/Marc/OneDrive. When I try to restore default location through the properties dialog box, it...
  4. default desktop and downloads location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default desktop and downloads location: I basically fused my default Downloads and desktop folders so now anything that goes to my downloads folder also appears on my desktop and vise versa i accomplished this by, going into the properties of both my download and desktop folders and changing the path on the...
  5. Change default save location to Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default save location to Desktop: For a Windows 10 laptop, is there a way to change the default save location from Onedrive to the PC Desktop? I don’t like to save Word files on the cloud, especially as some documents are sensitive. Every time I click ‘save’ on a new document, I always have to click a few...
  6. Change default paste location on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default paste location on desktop: When i copy something and paste it on the desktop, it goes to the top left corner, pushing all my icons to make space. I want it to be put at the end of the list on the desktop,without affecting the location of other files. submitted by /u/kattiper [link] [comments]...
  7. Restore default desktop theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore default desktop theme: I just upgraded to Win 1903, and my desktop theme changed. Hard on the eyes. Awful [img] I'd like to get this back, or a replacement that got that kind of "translucency", for lack of a better word, but no images 144938
  8. Restore Default Gamebar Capture location

Restore Default Gamebar Capture location: I accidentally deleted the captures folder, and it changed the save location to D:\Videos. This is very annoying as I take many screenshots and clips. Is there anyway to change the save location of captures back to the captures folder?[ATTACH]...
  9. Restore defaults of desktop folder.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore defaults of desktop folder.: I merged desktop folder with windows folder, now all the contents of windows folder are visible on my desktop. I want to restore the defaults, please help me to do this ?...
  10. Restoring Default User Folder Locations

Restoring Default User Folder Locations: Hello. A couple weeks ago I did a fresh install of Windows and all my folders are in particular locations across multiple drives. Now, while I was configuring the location of my Downloads folder while formatting my backup/downloads HDD (Seagate BarraCuda), I had temporarily...