Windows 10: problem in taking ownership of program files folder in windows 10 home

Discus and support problem in taking ownership of program files folder in windows 10 home in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear all, I am trying to take ownership of C:/Program files folder in windows 10 in order to change permissions and manage to install a certain... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ΛάμπροςΛαμπρόπουλος, Sep 10, 2018.

1. problem in taking ownership of program files folder in windows 10 home

Dear all,

I am trying to take ownership of C:/Program files folder in windows 10 in order to change permissions and manage to install a certain software in this folder but when I do the standard procedure (right click-->properties-->security tab-->advanced---> change etc) the message " access in C:/Program files denied" comes up. Any clues about what can I do further?

kind regards

:)

ΛάμπροςΛαμπρόπουλος, Sep 10, 2018
  2. Grace Ye Win User

Fail to take ownership of the "program files" folder using windows 10

I followed the instruction (https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-tak...ll-access-to-files-and-folders-in-windows-10/) but I failed at step 5 when I apply the change. I get "An error occurred while applying security information to : C:\Program
    Files\Common Files\intel security\pef\Com...\GCB.inf Failed to ehumerate objects in the container. Access is denied."

Grace Ye, Sep 10, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Fail to take ownership of the "program files" folder using windows 10

Hi Grace, why are you trying to take ownership of the Program Files folder, you can end up doing serious damage to your system taking ownership of that folder . . .

DaveM121, Sep 10, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

problem in taking ownership of program files folder in windows 10 home

Cannot take ownership of Windows folder

Taking ownership of files and folders in Windows 10 can be hit or miss, Click HERE to download a Reg file from my DropBox Account, double
    click it and select yes to merge with your registry.

Then on your right click menu you will see a new entry 'Take Ownership'. So all you have to do is right click any folder or file and select Take Ownership, a Command Prompt window will open and perform the task for you.

I would however advise you not to take ownership of the whole Windows folder, you should only take ownership of the regedit.exe file or any other files you need to . . .

DaveM121, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

problem in taking ownership of program files folder in windows 10 home

1. problem in taking ownership of program files folder in windows 10 home - Similar Threads - problem taking ownership

2. ownership of files on windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ownership of files on windows 10 home: how to temporarily take ownership of files on windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ownership-of-files-on-windows-10-home/14e5811a-c5bb-447f-9e8d-ab345283c902
  3. ownership of files on windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ownership of files on windows 10 home: how to temporarily take ownership of files on windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ownership-of-files-on-windows-10-home/14e5811a-c5bb-447f-9e8d-ab345283c902
  4. Taking ownership of program file folder Access denied

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taking ownership of program file folder Access denied: [ATTACH] I was having issue with ownership/permission while I am developing using new language. Currently, my program file's owner is Trustedinstaller. I would need to change ownership so I can modify controls... but kept getting access is denied. I changed my user folder...
  5. cannot take ownership of folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot take ownership of folders: I get permission errors when I try to open some folders in Windows 10 desktop. I try to take ownership as described in How to take ownership of a Folder. I am the administrator. I'm the only user. When I do I get the following errors. an error occurred applying security...
  6. Take ownership problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Take ownership problem: Dear Support Why after reinstall Windows files & folder need provide administration permission to access. Furthermore, after take ownership, files still can not open? There are ton of files like this nearly impossible manually to do even if i can take ownership one by one....
  7. Taking ownership of a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taking ownership of a file: Some time ago a had file that required only one click to take ownership of another file. I would just right click on the file I was interested in and select "take ownership." It would then make a change in the registry and give me addess to that file. Does anyone here know...
  8. Take Ownership folders and files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Take Ownership folders and files: Since I got the update for Windows 10 for 1809 version I need to take ownership for many folders and files I want to use. I could some help for this. I know there used to be some software that would do this for you. Does anyone know what software that would be and where to...
  9. Take Ownership folders and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Take Ownership folders and files: Since I got the update for Windows 10 for 1809 version I need to take ownership for many folders and files I want to use. I could some help for this. I know there used to be some software that would do this for you. Does anyone know what software that would be and where to...
  10. Unable to take ownership of a folder.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to take ownership of a folder.: Hi guys, I am unable to take ownership of a folder with my account which is the only administrator account in my PC. [img] This is the issue that pops up. I took ownership with the above account as shown below. [img] [img] I have even applied the changes to all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cannot take ownership of folder in windows 10 software 2019

2. how to take ownership of program files directory

3. programfiles owner windows 10

4. windows 10 take ownership on program files folder,
  5. Error: File ownership cannot be applied,
  6. windows 10 problem directory ownership,
  7. windows 10 cannot take ownership program files folder