Windows 10: Problem in the start menu on W10

Discus and support Problem in the start menu on W10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have Windows 10 PRO updated to may update and subsequent patches. In the last few days, an annoying problem is happening to me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LuigiCrisci, May 31, 2019.

1. Problem in the start menu on W10

Hello everyone,

I have Windows 10 PRO updated to may update and subsequent patches.

In the last few days, an annoying problem is happening to me. When I turn on the PC and enter into Windows, the start menu is not selectable (in the sense that I click on the windows icon but nothing appears) and, in fact, I noticed in the activity management that the "Start" process (which should be dedicated right at the start menu) is not running. Restarting the PC, the start process is reactivated, the start menu is selectable but all the customizations I have made in terms of tile additions and grouping are completely reset.

:)

LuigiCrisci, May 31, 2019

2. Start menu search problems

Hi Michael,

In order for us to better assist you, we would like to ask few questions:

• Did you make any changes or updates to your computer prior to the issue?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Since you're having issues with the Start menu, we suggest checking this
    article
    and follow the methods provided to troubleshoot Start menu.

Update us on the outcome.

Reymichael Ros, May 31, 2019
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, May 31, 2019
  4. Problem in the start menu on W10

Jeraldine Ase, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Problem in the start menu on W10

1. Problem in the start menu on W10 - Similar Threads - Problem start menu

2. w10 start menu in w11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    w10 start menu in w11: Is there any way that I can get start menu like w10 in w11 now? Not Start11 or StartAllBack, those apps only mess up things. It's been quite a while I run onto w11, but still, I am missing the start menu in w10 every day. Mainly because all my program folders are directly...
  3. w10 start menu in w11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    w10 start menu in w11: Is there any way that I can get start menu like w10 in w11 now? Not Start11 or StartAllBack, those apps only mess up things. It's been quite a while I run onto w11, but still, I am missing the start menu in w10 every day. Mainly because all my program folders are directly...
  4. Problem with Start menue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Start menue.: Probably after an update, when I want to shut down I get a Critical Error message that the Start Menu does not work. I have to push the Power button to shut down.It says it will be fixed the next time I sign on, but it does not. 3 days now it is still not working.I welcome...
  5. W10 Menu's content : Start > Power

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Menu's content : Start > Power: Hi there, On one of the computers server we are so annoyed because we always got the "Update and shutdown" appearing. I looked on the web and besides using CMD or disabling WUpd service...nothing worth it. The thing is, we don't want to disable anything but then I went...
  6. Start menu not working in w10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not working in w10: I try to pin apps to the start menu and no allow me, didn't pin the app, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-not-working-in-w10/9d909121-0385-48d5-ab5a-d3c5de8a1c32
  7. Start Menu Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Problems: [img] Hi there. Recently I've had this problem with the start menu not being able to display any of the folders on the left hand side in Windows 10 Pro. In the settings application, the above image is what shows when I try to enable it. Any ideas? Thanks in advanced, ....
  8. W10 Pro Start menu problems - can't pin and (almost) empty User menu

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Pro Start menu problems - can't pin and (almost) empty User menu: Hey. A couple of issues with W10 start menu ( - not sure if they're symptoms of the same thing. This is GA x64 W10 with all current updates installed 1) Pin to start menu doesn't pin anything to the start menu. I wanted to pin File History - R click in control panel,...
  9. Start menu problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problem: Yesterday when i try to arrange icons in start menu i saw the problem ,i can not move any of icon in start menu, the icon disappear and i am not able to do anything until i restart windows explorer,but when i try rearrange again this bug occur again...Is there any solution?...
  10. Start menu problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problems: [img] Anyone know how to fix this start menu? 76067