Windows 10: Problem in View Update History

Discus and support Problem in View Update History in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My wife's computer that I check monthly no longer has an update history. When I view Update History there is no history but there was a little 'dot'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mike Harrison W12, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Problem in View Update History

My wife's computer that I check monthly no longer has an update history.

When I view Update History there is no history but there was a little 'dot' that you could push for help.

When pushed that a window I think within the window opened with a title HELP and asked you to use it.

My wife's machine had just finished some lengthy windows updates but I do not know which were installed.

Is this a bug or a new facility within Windows 10 and is it likely to work well?

If I should be asking under a different topic please let me know

Mike Harrison

:)

Mike Harrison W12, Mar 2, 2021

2. Windows 10 View Update History

There is no "View your update history" option in the Advanced option Window. Things have apparently changed since you posted this. Have another suggestion?

Bernard Corrigan, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Windows 10 View Update History

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and for your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, for the late response.

I'd be glad to help you.

Unfortunately, there is no way to create a shortcut on the Desktop, to view the Windows 10 Update History.

To check the Windows Update History, then follow these steps, mentioned below:

• Type Windows update on the search bar, then, click on
      Check for updates tab.
    • Click on Advanced option under Windows Update
      tab in the Update and Security Window.
    • Click on View your update history in the
      Advanced option
      Window.
    • Check, all the Windows update KB article numbers installed in the
      View your update history Window.
    Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Mar 3, 2021
  4. kokakola Win User

Problem in View Update History

Windows Update - "Advanced Options/View Update History" Problem

Hello DavidE,

Thank you for your reply to this...

Yes i have this morning received my first update and it is showing up in "View Update History"

Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538243)

So thank you for letting me know that Windows Defender Definition updates will no longer show up in "Update History" this clears the issue and i will mark this as solved....

Really appreciate everybody's help.

Cheers

kokakola, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Problem in View Update History

1. Problem in View Update History - Similar Threads - Problem View Update

2. View or Store Activity History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View or Store Activity History: As I am reading and also deleting multiple trash emails in my Outlook mail, the following message appears on my screen:"You can only view or store activity history from this device. Synching activities across other devices is no longer available." WHY NOT ? I didn't change...
  3. Windows 10 updates not appearing in 'view update history' window.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 updates not appearing in 'view update history' window.: I recently received updates KB4598481 and KB4598242 while using my Surface Pro. I usually like to see if new updates have many issues before installing them but by the time I noticed the updates they were half installed. Wanting to see if I actually wanted them installed, I...
  4. Viewing File Upload History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Viewing File Upload History: I have a situation that I really need some assistance with. On August 26th, 2020 we uploaded 10 individual files from our Drop Box account to a federal government portal. This was in response to a contracting opportunity. During the upload process, after each file was...
  5. TASK VIEW History

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASK VIEW History: My history is not showing in TASK VIEW so unable to retrieve previous windows. Is there a setting I need to change? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-history/891f4cfc-da2e-4b69-b9c2-70c1083a4a31
  6. View the history of the clipboard.

in Windows 10 Customization
    View the history of the clipboard.: Hello, Is there a way to view the history of the clipboard without using the Windows key + V, please? Or can I change this shortcut? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/view-the-history-of-the-clipboard/f2885cf7-e8bf-44ce-9a4e-0c1e3eca7349
  7. Update history under View Update history - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update history under View Update history - Windows 10: My update history shows blank in my PC with Windows 10 for sometime. Please let me know how to correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-history-under-view-update-history-windows/be4df636-eef3-4357-83c9-87c30ae1ecf9
  8. view scan history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    view scan history: Where is the Windows Defender scan history? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/view-scan-history/c6a07c60-51eb-4e3e-a74d-c2e7e3a8d94f"
  9. Windows Update - "Advanced Options/View Update History" Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update - "Advanced Options/View Update History" Problem: Hello. Hope someone can assist me with the issue I am having in windows 10 Pro. A few days ago my system Automatically updated to Windows Pro v1511 (OS Build 10586.14)... all went well and seemed to be OK. Now to my Problem... When I now go to check for updates it...
  10. View Windows Update History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Windows Update History in Windows 10: How to: View Windows Update History in Windows 10 How to View Windows Update History in Windows 10 Windows 10 is a service, which means that it is upgraded with periodic software updates. While you can manually metered connections (where charges may apply). In that...