Windows 10: Problem Indexing NAS Drive in Windows 10

Discus and support Problem Indexing NAS Drive in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to Index a network drive in Windows 10? I cannot get the network drive location to show up in the Indexing Options. FYI: I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LearnedIgnorance, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Problem Indexing NAS Drive in Windows 10

Does anyone know how to Index a network drive in Windows 10? I cannot get the network drive location to show up in the Indexing Options.

FYI: I'm looking for a solution that does not require me to store the NAS contents locally.

Thank you to anyone who may be able and willing to assist!

submitted by /u/LearnedIgnorance
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LearnedIgnorance, Oct 24, 2020

2. Add a NAS location to Windows 10 Index

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you would like to add the NAS location to Windows 10 Indexing feature.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

1. Press Windows + E key to open File Explorer
    2. Click on This PC from the left pane of File Explorer.
    3. Then on the right pane, expand the Network locations.
    4. Right click in the Network locations and select
      Add a network location from the context menu.
    5. Click Next on Add Network Location wizard.
    6. Follow the onscreen steps
    7. On the completing the Add Network Location
      screen, click Finish.
    8. The new network location will now open in File Explorer.
    9. Open the Control Panel, click on the
      Indexing Options icon, and close the Control Panel.
    10. Click on the Modify button.
    11. Check (add) or
      uncheck (remove)
      the locations you want to be indexed, and click on
      OK
      when finished

However, for issues related to NAS drive, let me help to point you in the right direction. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet
    Forums
    where you will find professionals with expertise on NAS for Windows 10 and that would be the appropriate forum.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Is there any way to index NAS in Windows 10?

Indexing files from NAS in Windows 10 would be a great recommendation. To add this feature on the incoming updates, we encourage that you submit your comments and suggestion on our Windows Feedback hub. Your feedback will help us improve our ability to serve
    you and other users of Windows. To do this, follow these steps:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for Feedback Hub in Cortana search, and then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, and then press
      + Add new feedback
    • Select the Problem, share any details you think are relevant, and then choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or
      Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you're done.
    • Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My Feedback at the top, and then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you submitted, and then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, and then paste the link in your response (it will look like
      Redirection Tools<unique link>
      ).

Regards.

Monica Cam, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Dalmango Win User

Problem Indexing NAS Drive in Windows 10

Search Not Indexing Optical Drive

Thanks,

• When you mentioned D Drive, are you pertaining to a partition or a separate external drive? - D Drive = Solid State Drive; 1 of 2 internal drives (the other being an optical drive);
    • Were you able to check if indexing was already completed? - Indexing completed on each attempt of rectification;
    • In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter - Done prior to posting; useless! It does not find any problems.

Dalmango, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Problem Indexing NAS Drive in Windows 10

1. Problem Indexing NAS Drive in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem Indexing NAS

2. Windows 10-NAS device problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10-NAS device problem: Hi, im new here and sorry if theres already similar thread.Im trying to copy some files from nas device to my win 10 and get this error 0x8007003b.I resolved it by enabling smb1 on my Pc and setting min and max smb also to smb1 on my nas device,but i dont want to use smb1...
  3. Windows 10-NAS device problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10-NAS device problem: Hi, im new here and sorry if theres already similar thread.Im trying to copy some files from nas device to my win 10 and get this error 0x8007003b.I resolved it by enabling smb1 on my Pc and setting min and max smb also to smb1 on my nas device,but i dont want to use smb1...
  4. NAS drive permissions problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NAS drive permissions problem: So I have a Seagate Central NAS connected to my network which I can access from my laptop. I also have an external drive plugged into the back of it for extra storage. When I open up the network drive on my laptop it comes up 2 folders, "Public" is the main folder for the...
  5. Add a NAS location to Windows 10 Index

Add a NAS location to Windows 10 Index: I want my network folder to be indexed by Windows. I am using Siemens Solid Edge 2020 with Solid Edge Data Management [SEDM] which needs Windows Indexing to work properly. We work on 2 separate PC's and store our drawingdata on a Synology 218+ NAS. This way we have acces to...
  6. Windows 10 will not show NAS drive.

Windows 10 will not show NAS drive.: I just bought a Windows 10 machine, version 1803. I have a WD MYBOOKLIVE NAS drive on my network. The Win 10 machine is the only one that does not see it. I can ping it, but it will not show up in Explorer to work with the files. I have tried turning on file sharing,...
  7. Problem accessing a NAS drive

Problem accessing a NAS drive: I have 2 NAS drives and 3 computers in my home network. The NAS drives and one PC are Ethernet-connected to a router/wireless access point; the other 2 PCs use wireless connections. All 3 PCs can access one NAS drive with no problem. The drives show up in the Network section...
  8. Index NAS

Index NAS: I saved all my documents on my NAS. How can I index them 20921
  9. index Documents on NAS

index Documents on NAS: The folder 'My Documents' is on my Nas-server. How can I index this folder. In windows 7 I used Library Tool, in my opinion it is not working on W10 9615
  10. Windows 10 Add NAS locations to search index

Windows 10 Add NAS locations to search index: Hmm. Am I the only one thinking this would we a nice thing? I seem to be unable to add any UNC/NAS drive location to the Windows Search Index. I read only in previous 32bit versions there was an "Add UNC Path" tab within the index applet but not for 64bit. What gives? Do we...