Windows 10: Problem installing Developer Mode Package

Discus and support Problem installing Developer Mode Package in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to install Developer Mode Package (to get debugging etc. features in Visual Studio 2017). The screen displays "Searching for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DerekEssen, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Problem installing Developer Mode Package

I have been trying to install Developer Mode Package (to get debugging etc. features in Visual Studio 2017). The screen displays "Searching for Developer Mode package" then "Installing Developer Mode Package" and then the following error: "Developer Mode is turned on. However remote deployment and Windows Device Portal could not be installed so they're not available. Error code 0x80072f8f"

I have searched for solutions and found references to date and time problems, but my date and time appear correct, albeit with UK and not US time. I also found a reference (on the web, not in the Microsoft forums) to Eset SSL settings producing this error, and I use Eset as my anti-virus software. But my Eset Advanced Settings differed to the one in the reference and I was unable to get a result. So I don't know what to try next. I would appreciate some help, please!

:)

DerekEssen, Feb 3, 2019

2. Windows 10: Developer Mode package failed to install. Error code 0x80004005

Attempting to activate developer mode so I can access the Linux Subsystem feature. Upon switching to developer mode, I receive the error in the title and am subsequently unable to locate the package in the 'optional features' list where it is supposedly located. The only other suggestions I've seen online involve registry manipulation, which I view as a last resort--is there no other alternative way to access this package?

user242007, Feb 3, 2019
  3. stuck installing developer mode package

I recently got a new computer and put it in developer mode which worked no problem. I kept wondering why it looked like I had two different builds of windows 10 between my laptop and desktop and today I realized it was because my desktop was in sideload
    mode not developer mode but when I switched it back to developer mode it hangs trying to install the developer mode package. When I restart it hangs as well but not when I shutdown. I tried uninstalling the Linux subsystem that I loaded on to it when I originally
    had it in developer mode but that didn't fix the hanging.

Any ideas?

Code:
    [i]Moved from: Windows 10  / Windows settings[/i]

thinker101, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Problem installing Developer Mode Package

stuck installing developer mode package

My apologies I meant to post a reply earlier. I got this issue resolved with a Microsoft technician. The solution was to upgrade the system to the latest Windows 10 build. To answer your question though I was referring to the developer mode listed in the
    for developers tab in update and security settings. Just search "for developers" in the start menu and it's the first result. It would hang trying to install the package needed to enable that mode. (the circle of would just keep spinning forever)

I was surprised when I googled before making the question all I could find were solutions to fix error codes which didn't apply to me because I never got an error code. If anyone else runs into this issue check that you have the latest Windows 10 build.

thinker101, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Problem installing Developer Mode Package

1. Problem installing Developer Mode Package - Similar Threads - Problem installing Developer

2. Is there a problem with Developer Mode?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a problem with Developer Mode?: Hi, I am trying to install an app with a AppxManifest.xml file by typing this command into Windows Powershell.Then there is a error.I have Developer Mode turned on.I am running Windows 10 Home 21H2 therefore I can't use gpedit.msc and am up to date.Developer mode is also...
  3. Is there a problem with Developer Mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a problem with Developer Mode?: Hi, I am trying to install an app with a AppxManifest.xml file by typing this command into Windows Powershell.Then there is a error.I have Developer Mode turned on.I am running Windows 10 Home 21H2 therefore I can't use gpedit.msc and am up to date.Ps: Sorry for selecting a...
  4. Developer package unable to install.

Developer package unable to install.: Developer package failed to install and all the option tools, but I have enough internet. What can I do?? My Version is 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/developer-package-unable-to-install/ef057892-c3ac-4d3e-abc7-f5d4f3a7fcf9
  5. Developer Mode package stuck at installing.

Developer Mode package stuck at installing.: Hello, I am trying to activate developer mode in windows but the feature package is stuck on installing and ultimately fails. I searched to find the answers through the community and found out that this error occurs primarily due to three reasons, being: 1. The "metered...
  6. Installing Developer mode Package stuck at Searching for Developer Mode package

Installing Developer mode Package stuck at Searching for Developer Mode package: I have windows 10 ver 1903 (OS Build 18362.145) on my Desktop PC. When I goto developers settings It seems like it is searching forever for the developer package [ATTACH] Plz help ***Original Title: Developer mode Package***...
  7. Developer mode Package

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Developer mode Package: I have windows 10 ver 1903 (OS Build 18362.145) on my Desktop PC. When I goto developers settings It seems like it is searching forever for the developer package [ATTACH] Plz help...
  8. Stuck to "searching for developer mode package".

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck to "searching for developer mode package".: Today I tried to enable my developer mode on my laptop but due to some reason it got stuck to "searching for developer mode package" and now i am unable to select other options also. I even tried to restarting and shutting down my laptop but it didn't worked. Kindly get me a...
  9. stuck installing developer mode package

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    stuck installing developer mode package: I recently got a new computer and put it in developer mode which worked no problem. I kept wondering why it looked like I had two different builds of windows 10 between my laptop and desktop and today I realized it was because my desktop was in sideload mode not developer...
  10. stuck installing developer mode package

in Windows 10 Customization
    stuck installing developer mode package: I recently got a new computer and put it in developer mode which worked no problem. I kept wondering why it looked like I had two different builds of windows 10 between my laptop and desktop and today I realized it was because my desktop was in sideload mode not developer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stuck switching to developer mode