Windows 10: Problem Installing Epson Easy Photo Printer

Discus and support Problem Installing Epson Easy Photo Printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP Pavilion 500 Desktop PC which is now running Windows 10 Anniversary Update. I am trying to Install Epson Easy Photo printer (for Epson... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by A Gray, Aug 11, 2016.

1. A Gray Win User

Problem Installing Epson Easy Photo Printer

I have an HP Pavilion 500 Desktop PC which is now running Windows 10 Anniversary Update. I am trying to Install Epson Easy Photo printer (for Epson Expression XP-620). I am being blocked from doing so from either the installation cd that came with the printer or from a downloaded version of the software from the Epson support site. What happens is that the installation starts and then informs me that an earlier version of the software (I have had several other Epson Printers installed in the past) must be removed before the new installation can proceed. When I initiate this I immediately get the message "Exit Setup -113" and the installation aborts. I have tried Removing all Epson software, drivers and any other folders/files relating to Epson using the "Programs and Features" function and also by deleting the same from Program Files, Program Files (x 86) and Programs Data on the 'C' Drive . I have also run CCleaner to try and mop up any odd bits of program and registry entries that might still be lingering All this to no avail as the above message keeps recurring. There is obviously something I am overlooking in all this and I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction to overcome this persistent and annoying problem.*Sad

:)

A Gray, Aug 11, 2016

2. impossible desinstaller easy photo print 2.70.0 de epson pour installer nouvelle version 2.8.

Good evening

Impossible to install new version of epson easy photo print 2.80.0 :

there is a message saying : uninstall the previous one 2.70.0

But it is impossible to locate it with its name easy photo print either through the function uninstall programs within win 10 64 bis , or with a general search in all my computer.

So I tried to search with regedit.exe :

I could not find easy photo print as such but I found all the old folders of my very old printer that passed over and before installing the new one, I cleaned all the old ones with ccleaner eand iobinstaller but here below what I discovered :

Old printer appears as follows :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EPSON\PRINTER\EPSON Stylus SX400 Series

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EPSON\EPSON Stylus SX400 Series IO_URL

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EPSON\EPSON Stylus SX400 Series TS_URL

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EPSON\Printer\EPSON Stylus SX400 Series

and also the new one appears like above with the same Keys

My question : can I delete the old ones without any danger ? because I really do not know if easy photo print 2.70.0 is in one of the above mentioned folder.

Your quick help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your answers and support.

mosarl

mosarlmosarl, Aug 11, 2016
  3. SIYUANXU Win User
    Epson easy photo print doesn't open after installing November update

I am totally agree with you about 1709 needs serous rework. BTW, my printer otherwise works ok. It prints with MS' own photo app. It scans. However EPSON's own photo printing software (EPSON Easy Photo Print v2.70)just not working. It worked flawlessly
    on earlier Windows 10 though.

SIYUANXU, Aug 11, 2016
  4. SoFine409 Win User

I did a quick search and found lots of info on uninstalling Epson software. It seems to be a problem that many people have had. If you do some research you'll likely find something that works. There also might be an Epson users forum where you might be able to get help specific to your printer. There might also be a member here who can give you more specific help. Good luck with finding a solution.

SoFine409, Aug 11, 2016
  5. bobkn Win User
    bobkn, Aug 11, 2016
  6. A Gray Win User
    Thanks SoFine409 and bobkn I will investigate your suggestions when I can set aside some time to do so. As I feared removing this troublesome program remnant will not be easy and will require delving into the registry so I will have to tread carefully and back up as I go

A Gray, Aug 11, 2016
  7. SoFine409 Win User
    Yes, by all means back up any key that you alter and keep a written log of everything that you change. Sometimes problems from registry edits don't show up immediately. Keep in mind that you might need to look at several solutions to find the one that will work for you. You might want to look at what programs run at start up since many printer installers load all kinds of utilities whose names don't necessarly indicate what they do. Post you results for other members to learn from as well. Good luck.
    Bob

SoFine409, Aug 11, 2016
  8. kimkl Win User

Yank the RJ45 or dc your wireless, copy driver/programs to usb install offline usb works best because if you format it with ex fat you do not have permission problems but try doing it without being connected to internet copy driver software program to a usb stick dc you internet and it should work, give it some time if it looks like it hangs

kimkl, Aug 14, 2016
  9. A Gray Win User
    Hi Kimkl, I think I get the jist of what you are suggesting. Disconnect from the internet and copy the programs on to a pen drive (I don't know what you mean by "ex fat") and try to install from the pen drive. It's worth a shot, as all else has failed including deleting everything related to Epson from the registry, also installing and uninstalling the earlier version of Easy Photo Print. I am beginning to think that the message "Exit Setup-113" my not have anything to do with Epson but is a peculiarity of my pc/ Windows 10. If anyone else has had this message and has discovered a way round it perhaps they could let me know

A Gray, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem Installing Epson Easy Photo Printer - Similar Threads - Problem Installing Epson

2. Epson printer problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson printer problems: Epson Expression XL 7100 cannot identify the black ink cartridge and will not advance to printing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer-problems/e93386bf-9b69-41de-89c3-0c4b5116bc57
  3. Epson Easy Photo Print won't work on Windows 10 laptop

Epson Easy Photo Print won't work on Windows 10 laptop: This question was posted in 2018 and I cannot see an answer: 1: I'm trying to install Epson Easy Photo Print on my new Windows 10 laptop. I have downloaded what appears to be the most recent version of Easy Photo Print from the Epson site version 2.80.00, but when I try...
  4. Epson Printer problems

Epson Printer problems: Hello all, on March 16 I posted having problems with my Epson XP-400 printer as well as Admin rights. Smittychat had been trying to help me. This morning I sent him a reply to the string and it came back 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS201806281. So...
  5. Printer problems Epson Stylus SX15

Printer problems Epson Stylus SX15: My printer is not printing blue ink and despite cleaning nozzles etc. Ink levels are ok but a bit low and cartridge has been in some time. I decided to change cartridge anyway but it won't let me get onto the change cartridge command so I can't access cartridges. Any ideas?...
  6. Installing Printers Should Be Easy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Printers Should Be Easy: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Titan_91 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dtg3tx/installing_printers_should_be_easy/
  7. Epson printer

Epson printer: Can anyone tell me why a printer will only print somethings and not others. It is an Epson ET 2550 and windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer/c4c461b1-c6b2-4685-ab80-872fada4b2ba
  8. Epson Stylus PHOTO PX710W Printer

Epson Stylus PHOTO PX710W Printer: Hello windows10 was updated last Saturday on my laptop and my printer did not work, I have tried to reinstall using disc provided but when I insert disc in the slot no notification appear on screen except a message to scan disc before accessing contents. any suggestions on...
  9. print problems after installing Epson printer.

print problems after installing Epson printer.: Does anybody have any idea why when I try to print after installing an Epson stylus PHOTO RX640 on my laptop it keeps going into a save as file mode and will not let me print....
  10. installing Epson Printer Driver

installing Epson Printer Driver: Windows 10 firewall blocks Epson printer driver installation. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/installing-epson-printer-driver/764f1c47-9c6e-4176-a5dc-973fd20878c2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. comment on installe epson easy photo printer

2. the message Exit Setup-113