Windows 10: Problem installing external dvd player/writer on my laptop

Discus and support Problem installing external dvd player/writer on my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got an external dvd player/writer for my laptop but Windows 10 won't let me install the software because it is not verified by Microsoft. what dvd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LadyDi_630, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Problem installing external dvd player/writer on my laptop

I got an external dvd player/writer for my laptop but Windows 10 won't let me install the software because it is not verified by Microsoft. what dvd player has software verified by Microsoft?

:)

LadyDi_630, Mar 25, 2021

2. Compatible external cd/dvd writer and player

Is there a compatible external cd/dvd writer/player that supports Windows 10? The only ones I see are supported up to Windows 8.

Golfaholic, Mar 25, 2021
  3. My DVD/ CD player

1. Do you have burning Software installed ???
    2. Does your Computer recognize the DVD Drive in the Device Manager ???
    DVD/CD Re-writers are usually the first thing to break down in computers.

• Computers pick up a lot of dust which could cloud the LENS.
    • The drive part within it may be worn and malfunctioning ( be it gear or belt and main shaft ).
    • The LENS mechanism may be worn out through use and vibration.
    Not worth trying to fix as nowadays they are very cheap to purchase.

• The only other thing to try is : Try another brand such as the well known TDK or Verbatim.
    • " OR " buy another DVD Re-writer to suit your Desktop or Laptop.
    • With Laptops a external DVD Re-writer would be better suited ( such as a LG External ).

Frank N St31n, Mar 25, 2021
  4. kukane Win User

Problem installing external dvd player/writer on my laptop

Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

I bought an ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray writer...installed and it didnt read ANY dvd...deleted from devices and restarted...it then played dvd's but NOT Blu-ray dvd...it lists as BD player under Computer...I run ANY DVD HD and it recognizes it as a blu-ray writer, but no play...OS is VISTA. Suggestions??

kukane, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Problem installing external dvd player/writer on my laptop

1. Problem installing external dvd player/writer on my laptop - Similar Threads - Problem installing external

2. Installation of external dvd player.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installation of external dvd player.: With my new laptop purchase yesterday I'm not allowed to upload my vital external dvd player? I have been trying to troubleshoot all morning. My continued frustrating response on my new computer is "the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" I...
  3. External cd/dvd writer

External cd/dvd writer: I purchased a Verbatim Slimline cd/dvd writer and cannot get it installed on my Dell laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cddvd-writer/9b9479f9-7f37-419a-b192-df4925cbc8a9
  4. Windows media player wont copy to external dvd writer

Windows media player wont copy to external dvd writer: Has anyone else had this issue. When I try to copy some music from my library, it wont do it. it says that the drive is in use but it isn't....
  5. external dvd player

external dvd player: I want to watch dvd's by plugging in my dvd player into my windows 10 laptop. there is a hdmi cable coming from the dvd player-does it need to have a USB end to plug into my laptop? I have tried plugging in the existing cable that has an hdmi end but nothing happens...
  6. External DVD writer

External DVD writer: I have a Samsung external DVD writer model SE-S084 connected on my system and I can't write to a cd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-writer/0c0230c0-a010-4549-80e3-cf214bd71676
  7. external dvd player

external dvd player: my external drive for a dvd player isn't working, why would Microsoft block a usb port.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-player/00de94a9-ad51-4a91-8597-8cf18e2c7242
  8. portable / external DVD drive / writer?

portable / external DVD drive / writer?: Most of them are ranged from 20 to 30 US dollars on Amazon. Are they practically the same quality build and the only difference is the writing speed /reading speed etc?And there is no critical difference? btw, which brand do you recommend? 119820
  9. External DVD reader/writer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External DVD reader/writer: After the last windows update, windows does not start any external DVD reader/writer, which always worked. Device manager gives code 19. Rolled back but problem persists. Drives work fine when connected to other desktop, laptop etc....
  10. Compatible external cd/dvd writer and player

Compatible external cd/dvd writer and player: Is there a compatible external cd/dvd writer/player that supports Windows 10? The only ones I see are supported up to Windows 8. 20991