Windows 10: Problem installing premium flight simulator to d drive

Discus and support Problem installing premium flight simulator to d drive in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Have no problem downloading the premium Microsoft flight simulator 2020 from Microsoft store. My SSD is not large enough so I selected to install to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by tgmoog, Aug 22, 2020.

1. tgmoog Win User

Problem installing premium flight simulator to d drive

Have no problem downloading the premium Microsoft flight simulator 2020 from Microsoft store.

My SSD is not large enough so I selected to install to my 1 gigabyte hard drive D:\.

Unfortunately, when I Launch from the pop-up there came up an error indicating that it could not launch as it appeared to want to launch from the c:\program files\ directory but I installed the simulator on my D:\ drive.

Is it possible for the MSFS application to launch and install on my D:\ ?

Or am I forced to re-install Windows to my bigger D:\ drive but changing the drive letter to C:\ ?

Please help me as I did pre-order MSFS premium and paid for it.

Thank you,

Tom

:)

tgmoog, Aug 22, 2020

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator issue after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to completely uninstall Microsoft Flight Simulator and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall.

• Press “Windows key + X”, select Control panel.
    • Open programs and features.
    • In the list of installed programs, select Microsoft Flight Simulator, and then click
      Remove.

Note: If you have earlier versions of Flight Simulator in the list of installed programs, you will have to remove them in addition to Flight Simulator.

Reinstall the Flight Simulator.

Please reply to us if the issue still persist.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Flight simulator

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

1. Which version of Windows are you currently using?
    2. Which version of Flight simulator are you currently using?

I suggest you to contact
    Flight simulator
    support, they will be able to assist you better.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Problem installing premium flight simulator to d drive

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Installation Problems / Clarification

Hi,

I have been struggling with getting MSFS 2020 to install!

Pre-Purchased the Premium Deluxe Edition and i have a Windows 10 PC - and so far all attempts have failed at some point over the last 12 hours of trying.

First question - what is the order of installation that should be performed from the Microsoft Store across the items that are listed there in two parts:

1. Manage - with just one entry "Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe" and

2. Bundle Contents - that lists four sub-parts

2.1 "Microsoft Flight Simulator"

2.2 "Flight Simulator Deluxe Upgrade"

2.3 "Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe Upgrade"

2.4 "Digital Ownership"

Is there a particular order or hierarchy that these need to be installed?

i.e. do each of the sub-parts of point 2 above need to be installed individually and prior to the first part (i.e. point 1), or does installing the first (Managed) install all the others?

So far the downloads have been erratic, and i installed the first part and then launched it, it started up and then froze, and then crashed on restart. When trying to install the sub-parts, the computer just site there with "working" displayed on the sub-part
    line.

This is really frustrating!

Anyone able to provide some guidance or point to a set of instructions on how to get MSFS2020 installed?

thanks!

JawaharBhalla, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Problem installing premium flight simulator to d drive

1. Problem installing premium flight simulator to d drive - Similar Threads - Problem installing premium

2. Flight Simulator Premium

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flight Simulator Premium: Will Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe work on my PC? Details are:AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6 Cores, 12 Threads, 3.90GHz Base, 4.40GHz Turbo, 16MB CacheRadeon Graphics 7 Cores, 1900 MHz23.8" 1080P VGA / HDMI Flat Monitor8GB 2400 RAM500GB M.2 NVMe SSD450W Power SupplyWindows 11 Home...
  3. Flight Simulator Premium

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator Premium: Will Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe work on my PC? Details are:AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6 Cores, 12 Threads, 3.90GHz Base, 4.40GHz Turbo, 16MB CacheRadeon Graphics 7 Cores, 1900 MHz23.8" 1080P VGA / HDMI Flat Monitor8GB 2400 RAM500GB M.2 NVMe SSD450W Power SupplyWindows 11 Home...
  4. Flight Simulator Installation Problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Flight Simulator Installation Problem: I purchased Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe from the Microsoft Store. I'm running a clean installation of the latest version of Windows 21H1 OS Build 19043.1165 from a removable SSD on a Mac which meets the system requirements of Flight Simulator. The Flight Simulator...
  5. flight simulator premium deluxe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    flight simulator premium deluxe: Bought the flight simulator premium deluxe. Bought an Omen game pc just for this program. Started with installing the disc. Disc 7 gave an error and the installing stopped completely. Can someone advice what the reason can be and how to carry on?...
  6. Cannot install/download MS Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe.

Cannot install/download MS Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe.: I have been using MS Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe since September 2020 and have been doing the updates pretty regularly with no issues. Last week I started the most recent update 60+ GB indicated and the download began. It stopped around 23 GB and just hung at that point....
  7. Flight Simulator 2020 Premium Deluxe.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flight Simulator 2020 Premium Deluxe.: I used one MS account to purchase MS FS 2020 Premium Deluxe and installed in on a workstation. I then purchased quite a few add-ons for the app, but I used my different MS account to purchase the add-ons. How can I get the add-ons to be installed in the MS FS 2020 app when...
  8. Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe: Hi, I purchased Premium Deluxe edition and tried loading it from DVD. I get to disc 3 and it stops with a cyclic error. Stops the whole installation and wipes the files out of the folder. is there anyway of getting a download to get me up and running?...
  9. Flight Simulator 2020 Premium Deluxe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator 2020 Premium Deluxe: I get the following below when I reinstall my Premium Deluxe. I was able to install it the first time 2 months ago and it installed and run ok. But a week ago when I did the latest update it I cancelled the update after that it deleted everything. When I reinstalled it about...
  10. Flight Simulator Premium upgrade

Flight Simulator Premium upgrade: I have had to reinstall Flight Simulator from DVD. Therefor, I cannot upgrade to Premium Deluxe because it says that the number has already been used. Has anyone else experienced this? How do you get around it?...