Windows 10: problem installing software in version 20H2

Discus and support problem installing software in version 20H2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all I had to re-install from scratch on a PC and installed all the updates available including 20H2 Windows here a detail of the current install and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by peteramd, Nov 22, 2020.

1. peteramd Win User

problem installing software in version 20H2

Hi all
    I had to re-install from scratch on a PC and installed all the updates available including 20H2 Windows
    here a detail of the current install and HW:
    Windows 10 Family
    Version 20H2
    Version expl.sys 19042.630
    Windows Feature Experience pack
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz, 16Gb DD3
    When I went on to install software for the Epson XP-452 printer as well as other software such as open office or Belarc Advisor, they all failed to install. Here are some error I got:
    for OpenOffice 4.1.8: it stopped during install with the message (see att. 2)
    for Epson: see att.1
    for Belarc: see att.3
    I ran some checks and couldn't find anything wrong. I also disabled my Firewall and Antivirus.
    So the situation is this: everything already installed before the final Windows update works fine, i.e.: Bitdefender Internet Security, some IoBit software like SmartDefrag, DriverBooster, Skype, WhatsApp Web, VLC, TeamViewer, all working fine, but can't install anything else now.
    Hope someone can help.

:)

peteramd, Nov 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 20h2 Problem

I clean installed 20H2 but unfortunately i don't know which version i had previously.

Currently I'm trying to install the 1803 version, since it's an old laptop.

Or should i install the ones you suggested me?

Thank you

CreepyMemes, Nov 22, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Straight to Windows 10 Update, Version 20H2

Hi Enrico

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

Yes, you can bypass version 2004 and just install version 20h2 on your PC, the download size, is approx. 3GB if you use the Update Assistant to install version 20h2 or if you download the ISO, that would be 4.7GB approx.

Click the link below, then click 'Update Now' on that page to download the Update Assistant, then run that to immediately get 20h2 and bring your PC right up to date

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

DaveM121, Nov 22, 2020
  4. problem installing software in version 20H2

Windows 10 version 20H2

The computer in question had Windows 7 on it and there was not an option to uninstall the 20H2 update. So I have reverted back to Windows 7. Is there a way to download and install Windows 10 version 2004? The games will work on that version but not the
    20H2 version.

Thanks

Richard Alan, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

problem installing software in version 20H2

1. problem installing software in version 20H2 - Similar Threads - problem installing software

2. Multiple problems in Windows, version 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple problems in Windows, version 20H2: There are some issues that I have faced since I forced shutdown during a windows update during crash. 1. Start times, slow start 12 minutes. 2. The search bar does not work troubleshooting did not help 3. Windows update error 0x80080005 that does not allow me to update to the...
  3. Multiple problems in Windows, version 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple problems in Windows, version 20H2: There are some issues that I have faced since I forced shutdown during a windows update during crash. 1. Start times, slow start 12 minutes. 2. The search bar does not work troubleshooting did not help 3. Windows update error 0x80080005 that does not allow me to update to the...
  4. Multiple problems in Windows, version 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problems installing version 20H2 update

Problems installing version 20H2 update: Hi, I am having trouble installing version 20H2. After several attempts, each time I end up with the error message "Windows installation could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware" and then the device shuts down almost immediately. I tried to install the...
  6. installing problem in a software

installing problem in a software: i'm not able to install the Typing Master in my laptop as it is showing "English Language not found" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-problem-in-a-software/f1349c12-be3d-4810-9fcc-87dd0079b388
  7. Problem with installing the latest Windows update Version 20H2.

Problem with installing the latest Windows update Version 20H2.: Hi, I'm trying to install the latest update version 20H2 but I have a laptop with a dead battery and it is is running off the power cable. Every time I turn on my laptop or restart it, I get a message telling me the battery needs to be replaced black screen that says press to...
  8. Software installation problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Software installation problem: I just purchased a new Surface Pro X with 64-bit ARM operating system whatever that means and purchased a drawing software package online Virtual Architect Pro that I downloaded. Near the end of the installation, I got an error message from the InstallAware Wizard...
  9. Software installation problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software installation problems: I have had a problem installing one piece of software. I thought the issue was with the product but now I've had exactly the same error message. It says there is not enough disc space yet there are 470Gb free space. Can anyone help please? Thanks 120600
  10. Software installation problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Software installation problems: I have had a problem installing one piece of software. I thought the issue was with the product but now I've had exactly the same error message. It says there is not enough disc space yet there are 470Gb free space. Can anyone help please? Thanks 120600