Windows 10: Problem installing USB wireless adapter

Discus and support Problem installing USB wireless adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought a couple of USB wireless adapter from Amazon. They are supposedly PnP, but Windows 10 refuses to recognize each for what it is. Both show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by larc919, Mar 19, 2019.

1. larc919 Win User

Problem installing USB wireless adapter

I just bought a couple of USB wireless adapter from Amazon. They are supposedly PnP, but Windows 10 refuses to recognize each for what it is. Both show up as storage drives under Portable Devices in Device Manager and with a drive letter assigned in Disk Management. They appear as "Realtek" working correctly with no further ID. A 2006 Microsoft driver has been applied. This happens with each adapter on 5 different computers (4 desktops and a laptop). Is there any way to force Windows to "see" them as wireless adapters?

:)

larc919, Mar 19, 2019
  2. PCGamerDR Win User

Problem connecting with Wireless USB adapter.

If the wireless adapter is old pre-2013, try using windows "basic" driver, unistall current driver and let windows install it's own and see if that works out. Doing that fixed issues i was having with an engenius usb adapter.

PCGamerDR, Mar 19, 2019
  3. J-Man Win User
    Wireless adapter installation.

Hey. I just wanna make this short and sweet. All I wanna know is why I can't install/update wireless adapter drivers on Vista 64 bit but it works on 32 bit? On my wireless adapter box, it doesn't say Vista compatible (only XP and 2000) but if 32 bit Vista works, 64 bit should. Because when I do a fresh install of Vista for an example, all I do is update the driver in device manager then I'm on the net but with 64 bit it don't work. And how can I find out the manufacturer of my wireless adapter? Or brand etc. It came in a BT box, a small one. Just says Wireless USB adapter. I dunno if BT has a driver section.

J-Man, Mar 19, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

TRENDnet Releases AC1200 Wireless Adapter with a USB 3.0 Port

TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the availability of the AC1200 Dual Band Wireless USB 3.0 Adapter, model TEW-805UB-a Wireless AC adapter with a USB 3.0 port which maintains high speed wireless transmissions to a Windows-based computer.

TRENDnet's TEW-805UB connects to a high performance Wireless AC network at up to 867 Mbps or to a common Wireless N network at up to 300 Mbps. The intuitive installation process takes less than five minutes. A convenient adapter utility stores multiple network settings and prioritizes network connections. A Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button connects the adapter to a wireless network at the touch of the button. This compact adapter is powered by the computer.

Problem installing USB wireless adapter 61a_thm.jpg

Problem installing USB wireless adapter 61b_thm.jpg

Problem installing USB wireless adapter 61c_thm.jpg

"The integration of the first ever USB 3.0 port will not bottleneck tremendous Wireless AC throughput speeds," stated Sonny Su, technology director for TRENDnet. "The adapter also works with common USB 2.0 ports."
    • Wireless: Next generation Wireless AC
    • Dual Band: 867 Mbps Wireless AC or 300 Mbps Wireless N
    • USB: SuperSpeed 5 Gbps USB 3.0 port is backward compatible with USB 2.0 ports
    • Whole Home Coverage: Whole home wireless coverage
    • One Touch Connection: Connect to the router at the touch of the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button
    • Form Factor: Compact Wireless AC adapter
    • Compatibility: Windows operating systems

btarunr, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Problem installing USB wireless adapter - Similar Threads - Problem installing USB

2. Cannot Install USB Wireless Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Install USB Wireless Adapter: This is a custom build done by ecollegepc.com ten years ago. The individual is completely computer illiterate, so I keep it running and updated for her. The wireless N adapter installed on the motherboard has given up the ghost. So, to avoid opening the case and replacing...
  3. Cannot Install USB Wireless Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Install USB Wireless Adapter: This is a custom build done by ecollegepc.com ten years ago. The individual is completely computer illiterate, so I keep it running and updated for her. The wireless N adapter installed on the motherboard has given up the ghost. So, to avoid opening the case and replacing...
  4. Cannot Install USB Wireless Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. USB wireless adapter install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB wireless adapter install: Im trying to install a wireless usb adaptor and I keep getting a "a service installation section in this INF is invalid" can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-wireless-adapter-install/04c3b86c-b585-437a-929a-76cb836fff07
  6. USB wireless adapter install

USB wireless adapter install: Im trying to install a wireless usb adaptor and I keep getting a "a service installation section in this INF is invalid" can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-wireless-adapter-install/04c3b86c-b585-437a-929a-76cb836fff07
  7. USB wireless adapter install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Wireless adapter problem

Wireless adapter problem: My wireless adapter at random times fails randomly. The ping will jump from 30 ms to 4 seconds or even time out when sending the packets to the router via ping. It happened after the Windows update. Before that he never had this problem. Is there any way to fix this problem?...
  9. Wireless adapter problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless adapter problems: I accidentally deleted the wireless adapter on my PC. How do I reinstall it? I tried a system restore but they keep failing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-adapter-problems/91ce3847-8964-41a5-93f8-557cea221ca1
  10. Wireless adapter problems

Wireless adapter problems: I accidentally deleted the wireless adapter on my PC. How do I reinstall it? I tried a system restore but they keep failing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-adapter-problems/91ce3847-8964-41a5-93f8-557cea221ca1