Windows 10: problem installing win 10 on new system!

Discus and support problem installing win 10 on new system! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. Im trying to install a new win 10 on a new system but i get this message.First time i got it i updated the bios but it didnt do much... Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ddmeltzer8, Sep 6, 2019.

1. problem installing win 10 on new system!

Hello.

Im trying to install a new win 10 on a new system but i get this message.First time i got it i updated the bios but it didnt do much...

Thanks in advance.problem installing win 10 on new system! [​IMG]

:)

ddmeltzer8, Sep 6, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 6, 2019
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Sep 6, 2019
  4. DonWyman Win User

problem installing win 10 on new system!

Win 10 build 10240 to Threshold 2 update problem on 16G tablet

Thanks, that is a very comprehensive list of suggestions. However, I have done almost all of the steps you've listed...except uninstalling the apps. Even if I deleted virtually all my installed apps (most were installed on the D drive anyway, except for the ones that would only install on C), it may leave just barely enough room to get to the 5G needed for the install...but then where would I be.....an operating system running on a tablet, with hardly any apps on it....an anchor! The problem with apparently no answer is WinSxS!

It seems that even though Win 10 will install and run on the small little 16G tablets, they can not be updated over a period of time as the Windows and WinSxS folder continue to grow out of bounds. Thus leaving a 16G C drive device fairly useless for any useful purpose. The only option (it appears), is to do a fresh reformat and install, with every new Win 10 upgrade down the line, thus starting with a small WinSxS each time, instead of one that balloons with every program install and software upgrade.

Any other ideas, greatly accepted....thanks all!

DonWyman, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

problem installing win 10 on new system!

1. problem installing win 10 on new system! - Similar Threads - problem installing system

2. new install of Win 10 with USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new install of Win 10 with USB: About ready to start a new build. I've already purchased my Win 10 OS. Should I use this after I finish the build or create a Win !0 installation USB with the key I have from the computer I'm using now. Also, any certain YouTube I should use if I go the USB route? Thank...
  3. Install Win 10 on a new system w/o DVD

Install Win 10 on a new system w/o DVD: I have a bit of a screw up that I'm trying to resolve. I'm remotely trying to help my grandson build a PC (remote due to COVID). He has ordered all the components including a Win 10 64 Home DVD. Now that we are getting into the detail, I see that the PC case he has ordered...
  4. Problem with new Win 10 install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with new Win 10 install: I have a problem with Win 10 - can't rename anything pinned to Quick access in File Explorer. There is no rename option. If I rename something in properties, it renames the actual folder, not the entry in Quick access. Network paths have no option of renaming of any kind. I...
  5. Win 10 install problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 install problem: My problem is: I bought a product key online. I followed the instructions, downloaded win 10. Toshiba Satellite laptop, original win 7 home. When installing from either ISO or USB, I get the following error: 0x800700B7-0x2000E Installation failed during SAFE OS phase,...
  6. Win 10 installation problem

Win 10 installation problem: Hey, I have a toshiba satellite computer. a week ago the computer got into the automatic repair loop. After trying some methods i understood that my only option is to clean install win 10 again. So, i used Rufus to make a bootable usb and when the installation got atarted i...
  7. installing win 10 on a new hdd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    installing win 10 on a new hdd: I purchased a Sony laptop several years ago that came with win8 MS offered a free upgrade to win10 that I took advantage of When my unit crashed a while back, I was able to download a media creation tool to a flash drive. to reintall win 10 I now have to replace this hd...
  8. new win 10 system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new win 10 system: I bought a new win10 laptop. how can I transfer settings, apps, preferences etc from my old machine to the new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-win-10-system/1712ac80-440b-44a0-ad2e-f75f541b9685"
  9. Problem with System Restore on Win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Problem with System Restore on Win 10: Tried to do a System Restore on a Toshiba laptop this morning. First of all it took over a half hour or more and ended up in a loop which I can't get out of. Never booted up into Windows, just the following messages on the screen: 0xc000021a and go to...
  10. Win 7/Win 10 new system build

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 7/Win 10 new system build: Had retail win 7 pro installed on two existing systems. Upgraded both systems to free Win 10. Planning on building new system. If I install win 7, will I be eligible for free Win10 upgrade? 60626