Windows 10: Problem installing windows 10 from usb onto new ssd

Discus and support Problem installing windows 10 from usb onto new ssd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently my Hard Drive on my HP laptop died on me so I decided to buy a working 120 gb Kingston SSD. The problem was I had no other windows device to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Balchair, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Balchair Win User

Problem installing windows 10 from usb onto new ssd

Recently my Hard Drive on my HP laptop died on me so I decided to buy a working 120 gb Kingston SSD. The problem was I had no other windows device to get a copy of Windows 10 onto my USB so I just downloaded the latest windows 10 ISO from the official Microsoft website. So when I go to install windows 10 from the usb onto the new ssd I press F9 to boot from usb but it doesn't appear, so I go into the bios and enable legacy support and try again. This time the usb is recognized as USB Hard Disk Innostar Innostar and I go and press it. It prompts something along the lines of "This is not a valid boot disk or something, please insert a floppy disk" and sometimes it just goes to a black screen with a blinking " - " in the upper left corner. I have tried many times redownloading the ISO and reformatting the usb stick but to no avail. Another detail is that when legacy support is enabled it can see the Kingston Hard Disk SSD, I also tried disabling secure boot and did disable it but no results. I am honestly stumped and just want to install windows 10 on this laptop but I am unable to, if it might help this laptop was purchased around 2016 and I am using a USB stick with USB 3.1, if there is any solutions avaliable I am all ears.

Thank you

:)

Balchair, Nov 7, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 7, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Problem installing windows 10 from usb onto new ssd

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Problem installing windows 10 from usb onto new ssd

1. Problem installing windows 10 from usb onto new ssd - Similar Threads - Problem installing usb

2. How to install fresh instance of Windows 10 onto my new SSD without USB?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install fresh instance of Windows 10 onto my new SSD without USB?: I am upgrading my PC mobo, cpu, ram, hdd and I want to install Windows 10 on a new larger SSD.I was considering cloning but decided to go with fresh install to kill bloatware that accumulated for the last 5 years.My plan of action is to:1. Install new hardware but leave my...
  3. How to install fresh instance of Windows 10 onto my new SSD without USB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install fresh instance of Windows 10 onto my new SSD without USB?: I am upgrading my PC mobo, cpu, ram, hdd and I want to install Windows 10 on a new larger SSD.I was considering cloning but decided to go with fresh install to kill bloatware that accumulated for the last 5 years.My plan of action is to:1. Install new hardware but leave my...
  4. How to install fresh instance of Windows 10 onto my new SSD without USB?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Installing Windows10 onto new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows10 onto new SSD: I recently built a new PC, and used the SSD from my prior build in this one so I had Windows and didn't lose any files. I have another PC fully built, but no operation system installed on the brand new SSD for it. Do I NEED to download the ISO files onto a USB Drive and...
  6. Cannot Install Windows 10 64-bit Onto New PC from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Install Windows 10 64-bit Onto New PC from USB: I've been trying to install a new instance of Windows 10 64-bit for a while now and I haven't been able to get it to work. I've used the installation tool to install the OS onto a USB drive, and when I try to load from the USB drive, it gives me the 0xc0000017 error code,...
  7. Installing Windows 10 from USB onto an new SSD, while keeping old HDD for Storage on a...

Installing Windows 10 from USB onto an new SSD, while keeping old HDD for Storage on a...: I bought a new SSD and I want to install Windows 10 Home Same OS as on the current HDD on it.I want to keep my current HDD which has Windows 10 installed as a storage drive. The system has a UEFI BIOS and Secure Boot enabled.I've already created the Windows 10 USB...
  8. Problems with installing Windows 10 onto a new build.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with installing Windows 10 onto a new build.: So when installing windows onto a new PC through a USB, the process got interrupted (accidentally turned my PC off). When I booted up again it kept giving me error messages so I just took out the hard drive from the new pc, formatted it and tried again. Now when I boot up the...
  9. Problem installing Windows on PC from USB to SSD

Problem installing Windows on PC from USB to SSD: Hi when I try to install Windows from the USB it gets successful up til the part where it boots from the SSD and begins to 'setup windows' and when it gets to the part personalise this pc to create an account for whoevers using it, it just goes to a black screen. then repeats...
  10. Unable to install windows onto new SSD

Unable to install windows onto new SSD: Hello. I have been trying to install windows to my brand-new SSD for 4-5 days now. I installed Ubuntu onto it first, since I plan on having a dual-boot system. (Which I've done before) The first issue is that the Windows Media Creation Tool keeps failing to download/burn to...