Windows 10: Problem installing windows 10 on an xp machine

Discus and support Problem installing windows 10 on an xp machine in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to install windows 10 on a machine with xp using the file created from the download tool and stored on a usb flash drive. I set the boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jsc6930, Dec 3, 2018.

1. jsc6930 Win User

Problem installing windows 10 on an xp machine

I am trying to install windows 10 on a machine with xp using the file created from the download tool and stored on a usb flash drive. I set the boot sequence to use the usb first. When it runs, all I get is a blue windows icon in the middle of the screen. I never got a choice about actually installing Windows 10, or where to install it I have two internal hard drives. The process has been running for 36 hours. Don't know if anything is actually happening.

Wasn't I supposed to get some dialog before it actually started to install?

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

jsc6930, Dec 3, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Problem installing office 10 on windows xp machine

Problem installing Office 10 on windows xp machine.

Everytime I enter the product key, I get a error message back that says: Can't verify the product key...

This is driving my nuts!

Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Please....Terry

TerryDell461, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Seafrog Win User

Workgroup Windows 10 and XP machines no longer see each other

My 4 machine workgroup network, 2 XP and 2 Win 10 machines, was functioning fairly well until the recent "Creator" upgrade. Now the XP machines can no longer see the 10 machines and the 10 machines can't see the XP machines. The machines of the other OS are not listed. Would like to get the workgroup functional again. Have done multiple reboots and have run the suggested troubleshooters with no results. Have any ideas?

Seafrog, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem installing windows 10 on an xp machine - Similar Threads - Problem installing machine

2. Windows xp installing problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows xp installing problems: Hi, I am trying to install windows xp on an old computer but each time I try it gives me the error code 0x0000007e. Is there a way that I can resolve this issue?...
  3. Windows xp installing problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows xp installing problems: Hi, I am trying to install windows xp on an old computer but each time I try it gives me the error code 0x0000007e. Is there a way that I can resolve this issue?...
  4. Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine: I'm up to 3 attempts at installing an XP machine on Hyper V (Windows 10 Pro), and though I can get the machine to run, I cannot find the browser I installed. Using the Hyper V tutorial, I followed carefully the points of unblocking both WindowsXPMode_en-us.exe and Opera's...
  5. Xp setup failing on windows 10 machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Xp setup failing on windows 10 machine: Using xp service pack 2 to install on newer pc. Dual boot hopefully with windows 10. Doing so to keep old hard drive from my old xp machine. Cd boots and windows drivers load, all from what I can observe, then blue screen occurs. Tested cd in old xp machine with success....
  6. Xp installed as Virtual Machine using Hyper-V on Windows 10. Integration problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xp installed as Virtual Machine using Hyper-V on Windows 10. Integration problem: I Xp installed as Virtual Machine using Hyper-V on Windows 10. The internet is working now. I can't make Integration part working. Any tips are appreciated....
  7. Windows XP Virtual machine on Windows 10

Windows XP Virtual machine on Windows 10: Hi all- I'm looking for some suggestions on how to install Windows XP virtual PC on to my new Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. Really need XP to run some very old Windows 32-bit apps. Can I do it on windows 10? what are the other possibilities? Thanks for you time....
  8. RDP: 10 Local Machine - XP Remote Machine Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    RDP: 10 Local Machine - XP Remote Machine Problem: I can copy and paste only text and screenshots. 78047
  9. XP to Windows 10 problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    XP to Windows 10 problems.: XP to Windows 10. Some time ago I installed Windows 10. It is great. I need to correct some old files which were made using XP. I cannot copy and paste from MS Word to MS Word with Windows 10. Any ideas please. 58673
  10. Windows 10 on a Windows 7 machine that has XP?

Windows 10 on a Windows 7 machine that has XP?: My dad has a computer that used to have windows 7 but something went wrong and he didn't have an installation disk. He had to just load the PC with XP. I'm just wondering if it would be possible to get windows 10 on his computer. 10531

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to install windows 10 on windows xp machine