Windows 10: Problem Installing Windows 10 Pro to New Samsung 860 EVO V-NAND SSD on a Dell Precision M3510

Discus and support Problem Installing Windows 10 Pro to New Samsung 860 EVO V-NAND SSD on a Dell Precision M3510 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I made a bootable USB for Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft site and installed a new 500GB Samsung 860 EVO V-NAND SSD in a Dell Precision M3510. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WillBarnes1, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Problem Installing Windows 10 Pro to New Samsung 860 EVO V-NAND SSD on a Dell Precision M3510

I made a bootable USB for Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft site and installed a new 500GB Samsung 860 EVO V-NAND SSD in a Dell Precision M3510.

I put the flash drive in a USB port, and changed the BIOS boot sequence to look first for the USB drive.

After powering on the laptop, I got the following error messages:

1. Media test failure

2. No boot device found

Assuming the new SSD is good, what needs to change?

:)

WillBarnes1, Feb 26, 2020

2. new samsung 860 ssd magician software 5.21 disables ahci

Replaced Samsung ssd 850 with 860 why does new magician software disable ahci even when bios is enabled. Dell precision 3610 win 10 Pro

RichardParsons62, Feb 26, 2020
  3. does windows 10 recognize samsung 860 evo

I've been reading that a number of people are having trouble with windows 10 working with a Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB SSD. I've tried looking on the Samsung website for the driver for this drive and they have all other models except the 860 EVO. Do they work
    together?

DanMasterson1, Feb 26, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Problem Installing Windows 10 Pro to New Samsung 860 EVO V-NAND SSD on a Dell Precision M3510

Samsung Officially Launches SSD 860 PRO and 860 EVO Series

Samsung Electronics America, Inc. today introduced the 860 PRO and 860 EVO solid state drives (SSDs), the most up-to-date additions to the company's SATA interface lineup. The products are aimed at consumers who require fast, reliable performance across various applications, from everyday computing to heavy workloads and graphic-intensive operations. Building on the successful launch of the 850 PRO and 850 EVO - the industry's first consumer SSDs with V-NAND technology - the 860 PRO and 860 EVO achieve industry-leading performance for SATA SSDs, offering enhancements in speed, reliability, compatibility and capacity.

"The new 860 PRO and 860 EVO SSDs combine the latest 512Gb and 256Gb 64-layer V-NAND, up to 4GB LPDDR4 mobile DRAM and a new MJX controller to elevate the user experience for both consumers and businesses," said Un-Soo Kim, senior vice president of Brand Product Marketing, Memory Business at Samsung Electronics. "Samsung will continue to fuel meaningful innovations in the consumer SSD space and drive growth of the overall memory industry for years to come."

Problem Installing Windows 10 Pro to New Samsung 860 EVO V-NAND SSD on a Dell Precision M3510 7T8e8TOxqI1EPvVF_thm.jpg

As file sizes continue to increase with high-resolution photos and 4K videos, the need for faster data transfers and sustainable high performance over a longer period of time has become paramount for users. To address this need, Samsung's 860 PRO and 860 EVO support up to 560 MB/s read and 530 MB/s write speeds and offer unmatched reliability with an upgraded five-year limited warranty, or up to 4,800 terabytes written (TBW) for the 860 PRO and up to 2,400 TBW for the 860 EVO. The new MJX controller also enables faster communication with the host system. The controller is powerful enough to handle workstation storage, while improving Linux operating system compatibility.

The 860 PRO is available in 256GB, 512GB, 1TB, 2TB and 4TB capacities, with the 4TB memory storage holding up to 114 hours and 30 minutes of 4K Ultra HD video. The 860 PRO is available in a widely compatible 2.5-inch form factor, which is ideal for PCs, laptops, workstations and NAS.

The 860 EVO comes in 250GB, 500GB, 1TB, 2TB and 4TB capacities, in a 2.5-inch for PCs and laptops, as well as mSATA and M.2 form factors for ultra-slim computing applications. The 860 EVO has up to six times longer sustained performance than its predecessor due to enhanced Intelligent TurboWrite technology, with read and write speeds of up to 550 MB/s and 520 MB/s, respectively.

The 860 PRO and 860 EVO SSDs are available from this month with manufacturer's suggested retail prices starting at $139.99 and $94.99 USD, respectively. For more information, visit the product page.

btarunr, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Problem Installing Windows 10 Pro to New Samsung 860 EVO V-NAND SSD on a Dell Precision M3510

1. Problem Installing Windows 10 Pro to New Samsung 860 EVO V-NAND SSD on a Dell Precision M3510 - Similar Threads - Problem Installing Pro

2. Samsung 860 Evo 500GB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung 860 Evo 500GB: Reading Files Very slow and now showing images video etc not even let me copy paste some where i have to restart my system to copy data after every few minutes tried windows reinstall changed cables connectors everything. Currently on windows 11...
  3. Samsung 860 Evo 500GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung 860 Evo 500GB: Reading Files Very slow and now showing images video etc not even let me copy paste some where i have to restart my system to copy data after every few minutes tried windows reinstall changed cables connectors everything. Currently on windows 11...
  4. Samsung V-NAND SSD 970 Evo Plus MVMeM.2 500GB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung V-NAND SSD 970 Evo Plus MVMeM.2 500GB: ON boot ups started getting messages on screen (C) stage 1 fixing, stage 2 fixing, windows repairing. Am I losing my SSD drive? 179131
  5. Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD: I have a brand new HP Windows 10 machine. I'm trying to install a 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD. Disk Management refused to see the brive but it is seen in the BIOS and Device Manager. Any ideas to get it recognized?...
  6. Cannot Install Windows 10 to Second Partition on Samsung 860 EVO SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Install Windows 10 to Second Partition on Samsung 860 EVO SSD: OK, I've put this off long enough. This new system (HP Pavilion 590-p0044) was based on spinners, and what with all of HPs bloatware, etc., the machine wasn't fast enough. So, I added some RAM (no problems there) and a Samsung 860 EVO SSD SATA 6GB/s. And that's when the...
  7. Installing a New SSD drive ( Samsung 860 evo)

Installing a New SSD drive ( Samsung 860 evo): Hi there , I am trying to installing a new SSD (2.5 inch , 7mm height) that I brought for my old Laptop . The Laptop has a HDD whose height is 9.5 mm but my SSD is 7mm ….. * My laptop Specs are :: Processor - Intel core i5 2410M 2.30Ghz 2 core 4 thread RAM - 12gb...
  8. Can't install windows 10 on my SSD samsung evo 860 - 250GB

Can't install windows 10 on my SSD samsung evo 860 - 250GB: Hello, I have the same problem - I can't install windows 10 on my SSD (samsung 860 evo 250GB). I've tried so many things now to get it working, but after use the media creation tool (which works fine) - when it restarts it either goes directly to my BIOS or blue screen with...
  9. Samsung Evo 860 SSD booting intermitently

Samsung Evo 860 SSD booting intermitently: Hello all, I have found a couple of threads here and saw others having the same issue, but didn't see how they resolved the problem. My new SSD boots 50% of the time, when it doesn't I press the reset button to get it to boot up. Runs great once booted. Initially I cloned...
  10. samsung ssd evo 860 250 gb

samsung ssd evo 860 250 gb: I am receiving this for Christmas, I have watched several youtube videos, I will be downloading the migration tool today, my computer was built by small computer store 6 years ago, it runs without problems, I will be cloning the ssd from the mechanical drive, all stats are...