Windows 10: problem keeping file column order when copying to different drive

Discus and support problem keeping file column order when copying to different drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have changed the order of the columns for my files (eg., for music files, I want the order to be title, album, artist, name, etc) and this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mbdolan, Aug 17, 2021.

1. mbdolan Win User

problem keeping file column order when copying to different drive

Hello, I have changed the order of the columns for my files (eg., for music files, I want the order to be title, album, artist, name, etc) and this order remains when I copy within the drive. But when I copy to a different drive, the file column order reverts to some default (name, etc). Is there any way to keep the revised order when I copy between drives, either within Windows 10 or is there a 3rd party software or app that can do this? I would appreciate very much any help that I can get on this. ver 2004 OS Build 1904.1052

:)

mbdolan, Aug 17, 2021

2. File Explorer Column Headings Keep Resetting

Hi,

To resolve the issue with File Explorer Column Headings, you may follow these steps below:

• Click on View Tab.

• Click
      Folder
      Options.

• Click
      Apply to all folders.

Keep us informed for further assistance.

Regards.

Joseph Ban, Aug 17, 2021
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Aug 17, 2021
  4. Ernie San Win User

why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

1. problem keeping file column order when copying to different drive - Similar Threads - problem keeping file

2. Why is size on disk different on a flash drive when I copy a large amount of files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is size on disk different on a flash drive when I copy a large amount of files?: Hi, I've noticed that when I copy a large amount of files to a flash drive, the size on disk on the flash drive is different from my actual hard drive. Why is this?If it helps, my hard drive is an internal SSD and both drives are formatted in NTFS. I have Windows 11.Here's a...
  3. File Explorer - Status column problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - Status column problem: Hi all,In File Explorer on my Windows 11 laptop, the Status column is often missing or empty when I'm viewing folders that are synced to OneDrive. In other words, sometimes the column including its heading doesn't appear at all, and sometimes the column is there but it has no...
  4. File Explorer - Status column problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - Status column problem: Hi all,In File Explorer on my Windows 11 laptop, the Status column is often missing or empty when I'm viewing folders that are synced to OneDrive. In other words, sometimes the column including its heading doesn't appear at all, and sometimes the column is there but it has no...
  5. Columns order in Windows 11 Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Columns order in Windows 11 Explorer: Hi AllI would like to see the following in Explorer for EVERY folder of my hard disk and network shares:File, Size, Date, TypeI tried to follow the instructions I found options-view-apply to all folders, but they only work with the current folder and sometimes not forever -...
  6. Columns order in Windows 11 Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Columns order in Windows 11 Explorer: Hi AllI would like to see the following in Explorer for EVERY folder of my hard disk and network shares:File, Size, Date, TypeI tried to follow the instructions I found options-view-apply to all folders, but they only work with the current folder and sometimes not forever -...
  7. dates different for downloaded files in date column.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dates different for downloaded files in date column.: Every time I save a file, the dates column shows different dates for every file previous dates..., my laptop clock is accurate ... How do I resolve the issue???...
  8. USB hard drive keeps disconnecting when trying to copy files to it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB hard drive keeps disconnecting when trying to copy files to it: I'm trying to back up a whole bunch of files to my external HDD, and every few minutes it disconnects for no apparent reason. Just, all of a sudden Windows will play the "device disconnected" sound and the file transfer will be interrupted, even though the HDD is still...
  9. Bring Back "Keep Both Copies" When Copying Files

Bring Back "Keep Both Copies" When Copying Files: Windows 10Pro - Does anyone else miss the one step to keep both copies of an identically named file if you copy a file into a directory by simply clicking that choice? Right now you have to click the choice "Compare Info for both Files" where you then have to go and...
  10. Mass copying of different files

Mass copying of different files: Is there a way to copy files of different types from a search of one type? Let me explain: I have a main folder with hundreds of different types of files in subfolders, and I want to copy one file type of a certain extension into another folder, but I want to copy the files...