Windows 10: Problem: Laptop says preparing automatic repair and then the screen goes black/blank

Discus and support Problem: Laptop says preparing automatic repair and then the screen goes black/blank in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have an issue with my laptop. When I start it up the MSI logo shows up and under that it says “preparing automatic repair” and there’s a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hjarno, Mar 12, 2020.

1. /u/Hjarno Win User

Problem: Laptop says preparing automatic repair and then the screen goes black/blank

Hello, I have an issue with my laptop. When I start it up the MSI logo shows up and under that it says “preparing automatic repair” and there’s a spinning circle. After 15 seconds of the screen goes black, but all LED in my cabinet, mouse and keyboard is on. I have tried leaving it on the black screen overnight but without any change. I can’t get the repair menu to show when I shut it off 3 times.

Has anyone got any solutions or ideas to try or as to what might be wrong.

Thanks in advance Problem: Laptop says preparing automatic repair and then the screen goes black/blank :)

submitted by /u/Hjarno
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hjarno, Mar 12, 2020
  2. M-Wing Win User

Preparing automatic repair, then it goes black

Hi, thanks for the help. But unfortunately I am unable to do the steps given as my laptop never reaches the sign-in page meaning I can't access the desktop. When I turn it on it says 'preparing automatic repair' then goes black, and doesn't change.

M-Wing, Mar 12, 2020
  3. M-Wing Win User
    Preparing automatic repair, then it goes black

When I start my laptop, it eventually says preparing automatic repair. After 1 minute it then goes black and doesn't change. It doesn't to proceed to sign-in just stays as a black screen. Does anyone know how to fix this?

M-Wing, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Problem: Laptop says preparing automatic repair and then the screen goes black/blank

preparing automatic repair, blank screen

I have a HP PAVILION G6 and when I turn it on it says preparing automatic repair for about 10 seconds then goes to a blank screen and nothing happens? I

have no warranty or any discs that came with the laptop so I don't know how to access my laptop? I'm really worried as I need the laptop and don't have any money to repair? Please help...

i have also recently updated to Windows 10...

JackOsborne, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Problem: Laptop says preparing automatic repair and then the screen goes black/blank

1. Problem: Laptop says preparing automatic repair and then the screen goes black/blank - Similar Threads - Problem Laptop says

2. Black screen error with preparing automatic repairs on hp laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen error with preparing automatic repairs on hp laptop: My laptop was working fine till yesterday and today suddenly it got stuck on hp logo during startup, upon restarting a few times, it now is stuck on preparing automatic repairs, I tried waiting for it to fail and take me to advanced options where I can return to a restore...
  3. after preparing automatic repair screen goes black with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after preparing automatic repair screen goes black with cursor: hii when i turn on my laptop it goes on infinite loading so i forcefully turned off 2 times to get automatic repair but after performing preparing automatic repair the screen goes black with moving cursor and it did even open task manger clt +alt+del even after doing 3 or 4...
  4. after preparing automatic repair screen goes black with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after preparing automatic repair screen goes black with cursor: hii when i turn on my laptop it goes on infinite loading so i forcefully turned off 2 times to get automatic repair but after performing preparing automatic repair the screen goes black with moving cursor and it did even open task manger clt +alt+del even after doing 3 or 4...
  5. after preparing automatic repair screen goes black with cursor

6. Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair '

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair ': Please help me, i was using my pc normally and a pop up came from 'sequrity and maintenance' like, 'reboot to start repairing disk'...I don't know, I don't remember that.But after i clicked on restart restarting screen was showing for like 10 minutes, so I pressed the power...
  7. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen: My laptop was working fine last night, but today when I turned it on, the boot screen appeared like it normally does, but rather than transitioning to the login screen, it returned to another boot screen with the message, “Preparing Automatic Repair”. After a few seconds, the...
  8. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen: My laptop was working fine last night, but today when I turned it on, the boot screen appeared like it normally does, but rather than transitioning to the login screen, it returned to another boot screen with the message, “Preparing Automatic Repair”. After a few seconds, the...
  9. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

10. Black screen after preparing automatic repair

Black screen after preparing automatic repair: Yesterday while i was using my laptop, it suddeny freezes and it goes into a bluescreen with a stopcode. I turned off the laptop with a long press, after that i opened it up again and it shows the manufacturer' name and circling dots and a preparing automatic update. After a...