Windows 10: Problem linking folder using latest outlook

Discus and support Problem linking folder using latest outlook in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to link a folder on our local server which I used to do easily with the old outlook, but it seems that that option is no longer available??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tongesai Kapondo, May 16, 2023.

1. Problem linking folder using latest outlook

I am trying to link a folder on our local server which I used to do easily with the old outlook, but it seems that that option is no longer available?? I started using the latest MS office a few weeks ago and have noticed many changes. If so, that would be sad because it was very hand in sharing within our organization.

:)

Tongesai Kapondo, May 16, 2023

2. Outlook linked Mail problem

Hi Ramakrishna,

I realize that you are facing Outlook linked Mail problem on your phone. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the phone prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the phone?

• Are you able to forward emails from the outlook web account using a browser?

Suggest you to follow the steps under the section “Reset an unresponsive phone” from this article to check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/reset-my-phone

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 16, 2023
  3. John Vil Win User
    Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, May 16, 2023
  4. Steve Fan Win User

Problem linking folder using latest outlook

Outlook 2016 problems

As suggested by Appleoddity, the first step is to disable all your add-ins to determine whether the issue is caused by a problematic add-in.

If issue still continues when all add-ins are disabled, then you can try renaming the following \Outlook registry key to \Outlook-1 when Outlook is closed:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook

Then, start Outlook and create your new profile to test it. When you start Outlook in safe mode, most of the customization settings are disabled, and these customization settings are stored in the \Outlook registry key. If it doesn't work, you can just renaming the newly generated \Outlook key to \Outlook-2, and then rename the \Outlook-1 key back to \Outlook.

Steve Fan, May 16, 2023
Thema:

Problem linking folder using latest outlook

1. Problem linking folder using latest outlook - Similar Threads - Problem linking folder

2. Problem linking folder using latest outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem linking folder using latest outlook: I am trying to link a folder on our local server which I used to do easily with the old outlook, but it seems that that option is no longer available?? I started using the latest MS office a few weeks ago and have noticed many changes. If so, that would be sad because it was...
  3. Problem linking folder using latest outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem linking folder using latest outlook: I am trying to link a folder on our local server which I used to do easily with the old outlook, but it seems that that option is no longer available?? I started using the latest MS office a few weeks ago and have noticed many changes. If so, that would be sad because it was...
  4. Sync folder using links with onedrive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync folder using links with onedrive.: Hi everyone. I need to find a way to sync a folder in my pc with onedrive without actually saving the files inside the onedrive folder. The reason is that the folder must be able to be accessed from Linux, so after booting back in Windows the files added get synced. Onedrive...
  5. Sync folder using links with onedrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync folder using links with onedrive.: Hi everyone. I need to find a way to sync a folder in my pc with onedrive without actually saving the files inside the onedrive folder. The reason is that the folder must be able to be accessed from Linux, so after booting back in Windows the files added get synced. Onedrive...
  6. Syncing folders using symbolic links

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing folders using symbolic links: Hi everyone! I have a question about symbolic links on Windows 10. How can I sync folders using the function "mklink" CMD, and point to a folder which already exists, without creating a new folder? is it even possible? Because when I create a symbolic link in that way, it...
  7. Latest Win10 update now Outlook won't allow links be redirected

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Win10 update now Outlook won't allow links be redirected: I have the latest a Win10 and now in Outlook when I click on a trusted link in the email it says contact adminsitrator because it is no longer allowed. Same old Outlook 2007 and din't change anything. [img] Any suggestions? Additional note my spell check no longer works....
  8. Outlook 2010 is preventing the use of links

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 is preventing the use of links: I run up-to-date Windows 10 (2004) on a PC. I am still using Office 2010. Since yesterday (30th August, 2020) I have been unable to use any links which occur in my received emails - I could before. When I click on any link I get this message: "This operation has been...
  9. outlook links

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook links: Today my Outlook 365 would not allow any email received with links needing a browser to open, the email would say click here and it would go to Chrome and give the message below: I don't think I changed any settings, it simply says: Make sure you’ve got the right web...
  10. New Problem - Outlook 2010 Links Not Opening

in Browsers and Email
    New Problem - Outlook 2010 Links Not Opening: Sorry, I searched but did not see another thread on this topic. This just started today, maybe after a reboot. Up until today, when I clicked on a hyper link in an email, the link location would open in Firefox, my default browser. Now all of a sudden, nothing at all is...