Windows 10: Problem logging-in here - a warning should it happen to you.

Discus and support Problem logging-in here - a warning should it happen to you. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've had many problems logging-in since the 25th November and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Taffy087, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Problem logging-in here - a warning should it happen to you.

I've had many problems logging-in since the 25th November and https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ird-time/6ae47b04-9ca1-43fa-bb23-e491a6832d1e was the third thread that I created.

I was interested to read this article today by Krebs: https://krebsonsecurity.com/2020/01/tricky-phish-angles-for-persistence-not-passwords/. In it he writes that "Late last year saw the re-emergence of a nasty phishing tactic that allows the attacker to gain full access to a user’s data stored in the cloud without actually stealing the account password.
    While the most recent versions of this stealthy phish targeted corporate users of Microsoft’s Office 365 service, the same approach could be leveraged to ensnare users of many other cloud providers."

In particular, he doesn't rule out attacks on Office365 Personal Home users and also writes that

1 this is quite persistent and sidesteps two-factor authentication, and
    2 it seems likely we will see this approach exploited more frequently in the future.

For your information.

PS If any of the Category/Topic etc is wrong, would a Moderator kindly move it as appropriate. TIA.

:)

Taffy087, Jan 8, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 8, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Problem logging-in here - a warning should it happen to you.

MW2 Problem

I think the game is booting, then Steam is trying to boot, but is hanging during the login process, hell it may be sitting there wait for you to enter your password.

Try this, turn Steam On and log in. Click on the game listed in the "My Games" tab to start MW2 and see if the problem continues. If that does not work, you have 2 other suggestions above.

TheLaughingMan, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Problem logging-in here - a warning should it happen to you.

1. Problem logging-in here - a warning should it happen to you. - Similar Threads - Problem logging here

2. event log warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event log warning: hello, im having this warning every 0.5 sec. its a new computer.. source: WHEA LOGGERevent id 17A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI ExpressPrimary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x6:0x0Secondary...
  3. event log warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event log warning: hello, im having this warning every 0.5 sec. its a new computer.. source: WHEA LOGGERevent id 17A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI ExpressPrimary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x6:0x0Secondary...
  4. Logging In here Plus.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging In here Plus.: To access my 2 Win 10 laptops, I enter my Windows Hello Pin. I have a Microsoft Account Gmail with it own password. I use the same Gmail Account for my email but the password is different.I also have a Hotmail.com Account, it is used to access my OneDrive Account.All of the...
  5. Logging In here Plus.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging In here Plus.: To access my 2 Win 10 laptops, I enter my Windows Hello Pin. I have a Microsoft Account Gmail with it own password. I use the same Gmail Account for my email but the password is different.I also have a Hotmail.com Account, it is used to access my OneDrive Account.All of the...
  6. Here's one for you.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Here's one for you.: Howdy Y'all!I'm trying to run the latest version of Windows 10 Pro. This is installed on an 2017 HP 14-AN012NR "WinBook", and I pretty much use it for most of my social media, email and surfing the web. Office 2019 Pro is also installed. I just did a full wipe and install for...
  7. What happened here?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What happened here?: When I pressed Alt+F4 on the Desktop, it opened the Shutdown options prompt, as usual. I clicked "Hibernate" from the drop-down menu, then this came up-I don't know if something is wrong with my system, or it's just a typo. Please let me know....
  8. WARNING! Should I be scared??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WARNING! Should I be scared??: I purchase a 2 TB HDD to archive an important file. The clone of my important file went fine but I get the warning boxes shown in the attached screenshots. I did a chkdsk/F as admin and there are zero problems reported. Do I need to return or buy another HDD or is the...
  9. What happened here?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What happened here?: Can I have some help?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-here/8fa5ac3e-d817-453d-88dc-5b27bc7070c4"
  10. Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach: An email compromise is one of the worst data breaches that a person could experience online, so here’s what you should know: Among the account information that hackers stole from Yahoo were real names, telephone numbers, dates of birth and, in some cases, unencrypted...