Windows 10: Problem logging in to Safe Mode

Discus and support Problem logging in to Safe Mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Hopefully somebody can provide a solution for me to this irritating problem. A while back I wanted to purchase an App from Microsoft's store. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mexicanpete, May 31, 2021.

1. Problem logging in to Safe Mode

Hi Hopefully somebody can provide a solution for me to this irritating problem. A while back I wanted to purchase an App from Microsoft's store. In order to do this I needed a Microsoft account which I duly created. The app ran just fine. Somewhere in this process I was persuaded/coerced into logging in through my Microsoft account. This I have been doing without any issues. However I have an unrelated issue of possible driver incompatibility and I thought it might be helpful to login to Safe Mode. Safe mode doesn't recognise my new password and I cannot remember my old password (which I thought might work). I've tried offline and with network connection. So far I've been unable to find any information that is relevant and/or comprehensible. Any assistance much appreciated. Peter Windows 10 64 bit fully updated Version10.0.19041 Build 19041

:)

Mexicanpete, May 31, 2021
  2. curt jugg Win User

Problems with password in Safe Mode

When I try to log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode it tells me my current password is incorrect. If I log on to my laptop computer in Safe Mode my current password is accepted. My wife can log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode using her current password without any problem. If I log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode using my previous Microsoft password, however, that is accepted.

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem with my desktop Safe Mode log-on and how I can get it to accept my current password, please.

Thanks in anticipation.

Curt

curt jugg, May 31, 2021
  3. Safe mode problem

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• By saying that you have a "Safe mode problem," did you mean to say that your computer is stuck in Safe mode or are you unable to boot it to Safe mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted to resolve your concern?

If this is caused by recent programs installed on your computer, then we suggest you to run
    System Restore to revert your system files to an earlier date. To run System Restore, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • On the run command box, type "RSTRUI.EXE" and hit enter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Make sure that you choose the restore point date when your computer was working fine. Please be advised that programs and applications installed on your computer after the restore point will be removed.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, May 31, 2021
  4. psyko12 Win User

Problem logging in to Safe Mode

Safe mode problems

1st of all sorry for late reply, was busy with work and was not able to read here, uhmm

@Dippsy - It's already disabled, when I get to the point where I log on to my computer under safe mode, it then reboots.

@Darknova - I meant to the place where I log on to the computer at safe mode, and then it reboots...

It reboots after or before I could even type my user password.

BUT NORMAL BOOT WORKS, NOT SAFE MODE *Frown Problem logging in to Safe Mode :(

psyko12, May 31, 2021
Thema:

Problem logging in to Safe Mode

1. Problem logging in to Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Problem logging Safe

2. Can't log into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into Safe Mode: I'm able to restart my computer into Safe Mode, and then it gets to the Sign-in screen. The text cursor blinks to put in my password, but then stops blinking after a few seconds and I'm not able to type anything. My mouse cursor doesn't show up and nothing works. It's almost...
  3. Can't log into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log into Safe Mode: I'm able to restart my computer into Safe Mode, and then it gets to the Sign-in screen. The text cursor blinks to put in my password, but then stops blinking after a few seconds and I'm not able to type anything. My mouse cursor doesn't show up and nothing works. It's almost...
  4. can't log in to safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't log in to safe mode: Hi, I can get as far as choosing "safe mode with networking", but then I cannot log in. I have tried my Windows pin that I use in normal mode, and that does not work. I have tried my MicroSoft password, and that doesn't work. There is no network access in "safe mode with...
  5. Can't log into safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't log into safe mode: I am having issues with my laptop monitor so I was going to boot into safe mode to try to fix, but Windows keeps telling me my password is incorrect. It is not having me use my PIN but my actual password. And I know, despite it telling me its wrong, that it is right. I logged...
  6. Can't log in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't log in safe mode: Hi, I'm updating my GPU, so I booted in safe mode to unistall the driver. But I can't log in, it won't accept my password. After a minute I always get a BSOD. There's a way to boot normally again? How can I boot in safe mode? I booted in safe mode via msconfig, don't know...
  7. Safe Mode / Not Safe Mode Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Safe Mode / Not Safe Mode Problem: Windows 10 PC on feature pack 1909. Mapped drive S: to a DC/AD/Server 2016 share. Several folders on the share are large. PC1 was working fine till yesterday. Now those large folders on S: can take up to 3 minutes to display contents in Explorer. Other folders on S: display...
  8. Can't log in to safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't log in to safe mode: Hello. Sorry for my bad English. Today i tried to reboot my laptop from the settings. After the reboot I did some things that added new account and now I can't log in to safe mode. When i try to enter the new account is says something like "Windows couldn't connect to the...
  9. Cannot log into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot log into Safe Mode: Since last WIN10 update my programs have been running slow. I tried to use performance software and my laptop just stopped. I restarted. It booted just fine and performance software asked if I wanted to boot in Safe Mode since it didn’t run prior. I said yes. However on...
  10. Safe Mode Log In not possible

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe Mode Log In not possible: Dear Community, I have a problem with logging in, while in safe mode. The OS is Windows 10, on a Dell XPS 15. I switched to safe mode, because I wanted to change something in the UEFI. When I restarted the PC (after switching to safe mode, before changing anything in...