Windows 10: Problem login to Windows after force shutdown

Discus and support Problem login to Windows after force shutdown in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My daughter pressed the off button rather than shutting down her lenovo laptop i started again it asked for her password but we have a PIN number so i... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Starbugbabe, May 2, 2023.

1. Problem login to Windows after force shutdown

My daughter pressed the off button rather than shutting down her lenovo laptop i started again it asked for her password but we have a PIN number so i reset her password on my laptop but it wont accept either the password or the PIN now. please help *Moved from feedback.[Original Title: Help please daughter pressed off button rather than shut down.......]

:)

Starbugbabe, May 2, 2023

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, May 2, 2023
  3. gastaunda Win User
    Startup, login, logout, shutdown problems.

My laptop was fine before I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. Now when I start my computer, I have to force shutdown because the login screen doesn't appear sometimes. When I am able to login, many of my startup programs don't launch and the Start
    Menu doesn't work. When I try to logout, I have to force Shutdown to be able to use it. When logged out, if I shutdown, the power light stays on. At this point, I am most worried about being able to log in.

gastaunda, May 2, 2023
  4. Schlogi Win User

Problem login to Windows after force shutdown

Radeon 9500pro underclocked and shutdown problems

Hi there!

My Radeon 9500pro (std. gpu/mem: 270/270) is underclocked to 150/200 and everything is fine so far. But my computer hangs everytime I want to shutdown or restart. It hangs when Windows says: Saving your settings. When I load the default profile with the default clocks before shutting down it works fine. So there must be a problem with lower clock speeds.
    I have tried using the command line tool "shutdown" instead of the windows start menu. In the settings of ATItool in "3D-Detection/Exception list..." the application "shutdown.exe" is in the list of forced applications that use the default profile with the default clocks. But this didn't help either. So it seems I can't use ATItool for my purposes.
    Someone got a clue or similar problems?

System:
    AthlonXP 2800+
    Radeon 9500pro
    Catalyst 6.5
    ATItool 0.25 Beta 14 (also tried 0.24)
    WinXP Home SP2

Thanx

Schlogi, May 2, 2023
Thema:

Problem login to Windows after force shutdown

1. Problem login to Windows after force shutdown - Similar Threads - Problem login force

2. Problem login after force shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem login after force shutdown: Split from this thread. HI thereYes to all of that. It just won’t have none of it and gives me no options as it won’t go any further https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-login-after-force-shutdown/81a4f8b3-841d-418b-a39d-784c9e1a7a09
  3. Problem login after force shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem login after force shutdown: Split from this thread. HI thereYes to all of that. It just won’t have none of it and gives me no options as it won’t go any further https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-login-after-force-shutdown/81a4f8b3-841d-418b-a39d-784c9e1a7a09
  4. Problem login after force shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Boot-up Problem after Force Shutdown Midst of Resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot-up Problem after Force Shutdown Midst of Resetting: I am resetting my sister's laptop tonight, and I advice her to watch over her laptop and to not do anything on it. But after an hour she started complaining that the "Reseting PC" was stocked on 51% for already hours and it's not moving. And this is the reason my sister lost...
  6. Boot-up Problem after Force Shutdown Midst of Resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot-up Problem after Force Shutdown Midst of Resetting: I am resetting my sister's laptop tonight, and I advice her to watch over her laptop and to not do anything on it. But after an hour she started complaining that the "Reseting PC" was stocked on 51% for already hours and it's not moving. And this is the reason my sister lost...
  7. Boot-up Problem after Force Shutdown Midst of Resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cannot boot into windows after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot into windows after forced shutdown: PC was functioning normally. I stepped away for maybe an hour. Upon returning everything was frozen. I waited an additional half hour with no luck. At this time I forced a shutdown by holding the power button. After reboot it would not start windows and immediately went into...
  9. Bsod after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod after forced shutdown: So I had to force shutdown my pc 2 days ago and when I turned it on again it was running fine, I ran sfc scannow which found and fixed corruption and ran it again and it said there were no corruptions but today it just blue screened on me out of nowhere. Why did it do this if...
  10. Force shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Force shutdown: Hello Eversince I've been using Windows 10 I have been struggling with many bugs and blue screens. Ok well I'm used to it now. But the thing is, when the computer is stuck, I'm unable to force shutdown and force restart it. I need to wait for the battery to be depleted....