Windows 10: problem making 2nd user administrator

Discus and support problem making 2nd user administrator in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am administrator. When I created 2nd/work account I made it administrator but it cannot access all the files. And I can't? Do I need to enable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AJordan4730, Oct 7, 2019.

1. problem making 2nd user administrator

Hi, I am administrator. When I created 2nd/work account I made it administrator but it cannot access all the files. And I can't? Do I need to enable "enhanced" administrator? I saw solution from 2015 to change registry - I'd rather not. Is that still the solution in 2019?

:)

AJordan4730, Oct 7, 2019

2. Unable to make user account as administrator account

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

1. Login into your Current Administrator Account.

2. Right click on Start button
    and select Control Panel.

3. Select User Account.

4. Select the option Manage another Account.

5. Select the Local Account.

6. Now select the option Change Account Type
    and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Steps To create new local administrator account.

• In the search box type Control Panel.

• Click on User Accounts.

• Select Make changes to my account in Pc settings.

• Next select family and other user
      present on the left side of the page.

• Click on Add someone to this pc option available.

• Now select Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended).

• Next click on Local Account Tab and create a local account and click
      Finish Tab.
    Once the local account is created, click on the local account and select
    Change account type tab and select Administrator.

Your Local Administrator Account is created now. Sign out from your current account and sign in into your new Local Account.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 7, 2019
  3. I need help to make administrator user

Original Title: Windows 10 Adminstrator

I need help to make administrator user, I changed my account to normal user, now i can't fix any thing now, I tried all the previous suggestion here nothing solve this problem.

how can I Make an administrator account or how to back my user from normal to administrate the computer?

Thankx in advance

muna

munaAl-Audwan, Oct 7, 2019
  4. problem making 2nd user administrator

Error: "You need administrator privileges to make the changes" on Windows 10

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about administrator privileges to your user account. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• How exactly have you tried to change the user account to administrator?
    • Have you logged in as an administrator using Microsoft account on your device?
    • Have you enabled Built-in administrator account?

Try the below steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

I suggest you to check the user account and their types on your device.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit
      Enter.
    • Check if there are any other user accounts on your device as an administrator.

Step 1: If you have an account with administrative privileges login through that account and try the following steps to change the user account type:

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type netplwiz and click on Ok.
    • Click on the Users tab.
    • Under Users of this computer: select the account you want to change.
    • Click on Properties button.
    • Select Group Membership tab and select the type of user account.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.

Step 2: If you are a local user, I suggest you to convert the local account to Microsoft account and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Make sure you are device is connected to internet.
    • Click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and click on
      Sign in with a Microsoft account instead
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

problem making 2nd user administrator

1. problem making 2nd user administrator - Similar Threads - problem making 2nd

2. 2nd monitor problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor problem: I have my laptop XPS 15 connected to LG ultragear monitor. All was well and fine at the beginning when it came to display options duplicate these displays, extend these displays, show only on 1, show only on 2.I primarily use the extended display option. Earlier, I needed the...
  3. 2nd monitor problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor problem: I have my laptop XPS 15 connected to LG ultragear monitor. All was well and fine at the beginning when it came to display options duplicate these displays, extend these displays, show only on 1, show only on 2.I primarily use the extended display option. Earlier, I needed the...
  4. User or administrator?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User or administrator?: I'm the only one who going to use my computer, nobody going to use. In Windows should i run always in administrator mode or create a new user for me? Which way is more useful? And drawbacks? submitted by /u/Appropriate-Ease-653 [link] [comments]...
  5. user administrator.

in Windows 10 Customization
    user administrator.: unfortunately I deleted my user administrator account, because I forgot password, then I add another email id then it does not shows the option of family and other users option, so I can't add the new email id as administrator account, when I enter a run command or anything...
  6. 2nd user applications

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    2nd user applications: Hello. I am running Win 10 Home. My question is can 2 different users share the same program installations? That is, if I create a 2nd admin account with a new name, is there anyway to share the applications installed by the first user with the new user? Thank you. 173610
  7. Make me an Administrator - Make me a user

Make me an Administrator - Make me a user: How do I become an administrator? If I am an administrator how do I remove administrative status? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-me-an-administrator-make-me-a-user/b280a226-3ca3-47b0-99ce-e27386516824
  8. 2nd User Account is hidden

2nd User Account is hidden: I've purchased a new Dell XPS Desktop and have gone through the setup process. I've set my self up as a Local User which is all fine. Following on from this I've added my wife as a 2nd local user with a standard account, but when I sign out or re-boot my PC her account isn't...
  9. Administrative User

Administrative User: I am an Administrator and the only user of this windows 10 machine. [ATTACH] However, I get told I am not an administrator by the following message. This is very frustrating Can I fix it? [ATTACH]...
  10. how to make my local user an administrator and make another local NOT

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to make my local user an administrator and make another local NOT: tried to kill the microsoft account and ended up with a new user that is suddenly the admin. my preferred local acct is no longer the admin. how can I make an account the admin and another no longer the admin. btw I am noticing that a lot of the tenforums tutorial show...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix 2nd administrador in win 10