Windows 10: Problem maybe with Windows Explorer.

Discus and support Problem maybe with Windows Explorer. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have several problems with my Laptop. They are - The 'Search Box' in 'Computer' doesn't work. When I type in a Search and press Enter, nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steven_878, Jun 13, 2022.

1. Problem maybe with Windows Explorer.

I have several problems with my Laptop. They are - The 'Search Box' in 'Computer' doesn't work. When I type in a Search and press Enter, nothing happens...The 'Search Box' for other Folders works fine.When I right-click on any Folder and click 'Restore previous versions', I am told, ' There are no previous versions available'. But I know there are Previous Versions available.When I have made a search and I click 'Computer' under 'Search again in:', nothing happens.BUTWhen I try to do all of the above problems in the Window that appears through the 'Open'/'Save As' options in Microsoft Excel, i

:)

Steven_878, Jun 13, 2022
  2. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Problem maybe with Windows Explorer. :p

Frick, Jun 13, 2022
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jun 13, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Problem maybe with Windows Explorer.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2022
Thema:

Problem maybe with Windows Explorer.

1. Problem maybe with Windows Explorer. - Similar Threads - Problem maybe Explorer

2. problem with the OS maybe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with the OS maybe?: I have a problem with launching some programs, many people I know have the same version of Windows etc as me and everything works fine for them. I talked to support and tried to see with an update, if it was the fault of a corrupt OS version but nothing. Some programs don't...
  3. problem with the OS maybe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with the OS maybe?: I have a problem with launching some programs, many people I know have the same version of Windows etc as me and everything works fine for them. I talked to support and tried to see with an update, if it was the fault of a corrupt OS version but nothing. Some programs don't...
  4. Problem maybe with Windows Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem maybe with Windows Explorer.: I have several problems with my Laptop. They are - The 'Search Box' in 'Computer' doesn't work. When I type in a Search and press Enter, nothing happens...The 'Search Box' for other Folders works fine.When I right-click on any Folder and click 'Restore previous versions', I...
  5. Network problems, maybe credentials and/or permissions problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network problems, maybe credentials and/or permissions problems: On our home network, we have a multiple computers and devices. However, I'm only interested in getting 3 of them working together. I think my credentials are broken. I had been able to copy between computers but now can not.If you need to know ... I had an old computer which...
  6. File explorer or maybe disk c?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer or maybe disk c?: This morning my computer's screen froze up, so I had to turn it off. After starting it again I found out that the file explorer wasn't showing the icons and folders on the left menu and I even checked the navigation panel to be checked, also the icons of folders appear black,...
  7. CHKDSK found problems maybe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK found problems maybe: can anyone explain this what CHKDSK did with that file. Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.867] c 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Prince Gupta>CHKDSK C: /F /R /V The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive. Chkdsk...
  8. Windows Explorer Slow. How to debug maybe?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Slow. How to debug maybe?: Hi, somehow this thread is exactly describing my issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/windows-10-file-explorer-opens-slow/d6f773f9-3d94-496b-897d-face8ff924af?auth=1 So basically my entire explorer.exe is lagging. It feels like...
  9. keyboard -- maybe a window 10 update problem?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keyboard -- maybe a window 10 update problem?: my keyboard stoped woking. I can use only virtual keyboard its a toshiba laptop with win 10 worked great till last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-maybe-a-window-10-update-problem/f2e54d73-d1f7-4bc2-9d8b-6e62ee1729de
  10. Windows 10 home problem (maybe?)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 home problem (maybe?): So recently i had to wipe my hard drive and i had to reinstall windows. I went through the installation process with my usb. Everything was running smoothly and fine. I could browse the internet and it was just fine, but i obviously had to update my version of windows since...