Windows 10: Problem moving files

Discus and support Problem moving files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to move files in my Music Folder to a folder in the Music folder & it keeps tell me the action can not be completed because the folder or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cooley76, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Cooley76 Win User

Problem moving files

I am trying to move files in my Music Folder to a folder in the Music folder & it keeps tell me the action can not be completed because the folder or file is open in another program & I found this link: https://blog.pcrisk.com/windows/12202-the-action-cannot-be-completed-because-the-file-is-open-in-another-program
    I did what it said to do & it worked for a while & then started saying the same thing again anybody know to fix this
    Because I only have s folders of files to move & I don't know what to do to fix this at all

:)

Cooley76, Oct 24, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 24, 2019
  3. System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Problem moving files

How to move files

We understand that all your files are important. You can move your files by following the steps below:

• Change to Administrator your user account to access all the folders and files on your computer.
      • On your keyboard, press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
      • Under User Accounts, click Change account.
      • Click the user account you want to use.
      • Click Change the account type.
      • Select Administrator and click Change Account Type.
    • On your keyboard, press Windows key + E then click This PC and click
      Local Disk (CProblem moving files :)
    • Click Users and the names of your user profile will show. Select the user account you want to copy the files from.
    • Right-click and click copy.
    • After that, go to the user account you want to move your file, right-click and click Paste. Repeat the steps as needed.

Keep us posted.

Marielle Cas, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Problem moving files

1. Problem moving files - Similar Threads - Problem moving files

2. Files Moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Moved: I accidentally moved all my files from my DriveD on downloads I want to move it all back to DriveD but I don't know everything that I moved cause i moved so many files from DriveD and I have so many files on downloads...
  3. Files Not Moving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Not Moving: Hi Everyone, I have a lot of files letters, spreadsheets, etc on my computer and some go back 10 or 15 years and I want/need to keep them but I don't want them cluttering up the My Documents folder on my computer. To address this I created a folder on the flash drive that I...
  4. Files Not Moving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Not Moving: Hi Everyone, I have a lot of files letters, spreadsheets, etc on my computer and some go back 10 or 15 years and I want/need to keep them but I don't want them cluttering up the My Documents folder on my computer. To address this I created a folder on the flash drive that I...
  5. i have a problem when moving files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i have a problem when moving files: so my problem is that i cant move files to my folders. Ive tried many things and none of them work. When i try to move a download to my downloads folder theres just a big black sign thats shows me i cant drop it in. I also cant put downloads on my desktop. i would appreciate...
  6. i have a problem when moving files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a problem when moving files: so my problem is that i cant move files to my folders. Ive tried many things and none of them work. When i try to move a download to my downloads folder theres just a big black sign thats shows me i cant drop it in. I also cant put downloads on my desktop. i would appreciate...
  7. i have a problem when moving files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Problem with moving/deleting files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with moving/deleting files.: Hi guys, I've noticed that I have a problem with moving/deleting files and creating folder, the update speed it's not instantly. Let say I try to move one file from one location to another new location, I'll have to click the refresh icon of the file explorer, only then the...
  9. Moving Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Files: I have 5/6 test results saved in a file. How do I attach these to my Gmail text to send to a Doctor? Thanks I could do it on W7 but don't seem to be able to do it on W10. Thanks...
  10. File moving problem

in Windows 10 Support
    File moving problem: This is a bit of a complicated topic but- I downloaded the dll files for games and when I try to replace the old ones I get: Screenshot Can someone help me out here? 29485