Windows 10: Problem MSERT.exe

Discus and support Problem MSERT.exe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I downloaded msert.exe from the site and have started with "quick check" on my PC with Windows 10. During the analysis, in the msert window it reported... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Aldo Corso, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Problem MSERT.exe

I downloaded msert.exe from the site and have started with "quick check" on my PC with Windows 10. During the analysis, in the msert window it reported n. 5 infected files, but at the end of the scan the final window did not detect anything, nor did it ask me to take any action. I thought that the 5 infected files had been repaired automatically and therefore I re-launched msert.exe, but it again detected the 5 infected files, without then reporting them to me at the end of the scan and without asking for any action and without providing any reports. Why ? It's normal ?

:)

Aldo Corso, Jun 14, 2021
  2. djbillyd Win User

MSERT freezes after 12 hours!

And what will that give me? It was doing it's "processing" thing anyway. No problem. It said it found 113 "infected" files, but the report only listed 5. I think it's just a lazy person's application anyway. Any "one size fits all" application is not really
    that dependable. Windows Defender is made by the same company that made MSERT. Why would I expect it to be better "instead"?

Thanks Cyber_Defend_Team.

djbillyd, Jun 14, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 14, 2021
  4. tuhakreh Win User

Problem MSERT.exe

do i need MSERT

hey

do i need MSERT to keep the computer securized

tuhakreh, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

Problem MSERT.exe

1. Problem MSERT.exe - Similar Threads - Problem MSERT exe

2. MSERT scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSERT scan: During an msert scan it displays a number of infections found, but at the end of scan it displays none were detected. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msert-scan/7f6d444a-cb30-411d-9834-e95b3802aeab
  3. MSERT utility

MSERT utility: Hello, I am running the MSERT utility and during the scan it shows that 17 files are infected, but when it finishes the scan it says that the scan was completed successfully and nothing was found. Nevertheless, I do noticed that my computer is slower than normal....
  4. Looking For Msert file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking For Msert file: Microsoft usually releases a file called MSERT once a month. The current one will no longer work. You must have a new release. Can anyone please steer me in the right direction to obtain this file. I have spent quite a while looking for it and thought it came from a Microsoft...
  5. MSERT

MSERT: My windows defender is up to date. Do I need MSERT? Does MSERT have any additional features more than windows defender scanning? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/msert/43de52bb-1e5e-4dd9-88f8-391376ca2344
  6. Exe file problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exe file problem: In my pc some of the exe file setups are not opening.Whenever i open them nothing shows up no error screen nothing. It does the same when i open chrome setup it shows nothing . Plzz fix this problem....
  7. msert

msert: When I download MSERT and try to run it I get an security message from Windows "Windows protected your PC" Please fix this, your own Microsoft program should not be rejected. The rest of the message is actually "Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app...
  8. Trojan detected by msert

Trojan detected by msert: Hi. I runned Microsoft Scanner (msert) and after a while the result was: "TrojanDownloader:JS/Nemucod → Partially eliminated." I have Windows 10 Home, 64 bit. How can I totally remove this Trojan? Thanks in advance....
  9. .exe Installation Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .exe Installation Problem: Hey everyone, I'm facing a weird and frustrating problem. I got a new Lenovo Ideapad 320-15IKB (Freedos) a couple days ago. I installed Windows 10 with the .iso file I got from Windows. I entered my license key and I updated drivers, installed all Windows updates and...
  10. Rundll32.exe Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rundll32.exe Problem: Hi Everybody as the title shows i want to completely block Windows Host Processes (Rundll32.exe) from being executed and i am very consistent to do so *sarc because its swallowing my cpu all the time *Mad and im sure that its not a virus it just a droll and useless windows...