Windows 10: problem of 100% usage of Hard Drive

Discus and support problem of 100% usage of Hard Drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Dear Sir how can i solve this problem can you guide me to fix this problem please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ahmad MansourAzizi, Feb 17, 2019.

1. problem of 100% usage of Hard Drive

Hello Dear Sir

how can i solve this problem can you guide me to fix this problem please?

:)

Ahmad MansourAzizi, Feb 17, 2019
  2. Marki243 Win User

100% Disk Usage on Secondary Hard Drive

At the moment, I'm trying Method 2, but it causes 100% usage just by attempting to read it. According to Task Manager, it is the utilizes the hard drive the most on I/O read bytes, but this Chrome window uses the most on I/O write bytes (I have it installed
    on my SSD, so I doubt it should be causing anything in the other hard drives.).

I had to close the first instance because it didn't respond when I chose to scan the drive. As of right now, it has not made any progress and the hard drive is at 100% usage.

Does the amount of files on the disk affect how it is read as well? I recently bought this hard drive new and have very little files on it.

Edit: It apparently decided to switch to my main C: drive instead of going to the hard drive. I'm going to retry with a full system scan.

It hit a spike when it started scanning C:\Windows\syswow64\Spoonuninstall.exe right now. There is 0 kb read/write on the hard drive that is hitting 100% usage.

Final Edit:

I found that when I formatted the drive partition, it started running properly again. I tested out the Dolphin emulator as well as other games on it and it never peaked at 100%. It seems that something on the disk was causing the peaks, but what exactly
    I couldn't find out. It may have been a file corrupted as I copied over the games from my smaller hard drive or something else. Either way, it seems the problem is gone so far.

Marki243, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 100% disk usage problem

Hi Jae,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: First of all, take a note of the processes or applications that is running when the computer runs with high disk usage. Also, we need to find the applications that are running at startup.

Follow the steps to check for the processes under Task Manager:

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager.
    • Click on Processes tab. Check if any of the processes consumes high memory usage.
    Bad sectors on the hard drive can be a cause for high disk usage.

Check which process is utilizing the Hard Disk on Windows 8.1, you may try the following steps.

• Open Task Manager and click on
      Details tab.
    • Right click the columns headers and click "Select Columns".
    • From the "Select Columns" window, check: I/O Reads, I/O Writes, I/O read bytes, I/O write bytes and then click
      OK.
    • Now the columns will be added to the view and will display how much each process is utilizing from the hard disk.
    • Sort by I/O read bytes or I/O write bytes by clicking on the column header to see which process is utilizing the Hard Drive most.
    Step 2: If you have not run the 'check disk' scan or tried optimizing the drive, follow the steps from this article.

Improve performance by optimizing your drive

(Note: This applies to Windows 10 also.)

Important: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive, it tries to repair that sector and any data available on that might be lost.

Hope it helps. Feel free to get back to us for any further queries or issues related to Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 17, 2019
  4. problem of 100% usage of Hard Drive

computer freeze, hard drive 100%

Hi Cintlex,

Something may be causing your hard drive to over work that's why you're getting a 100% disk usage. To work on this problem, please go through the following solutions to determine and address the issue. Make sure to check your disk usage every after performing
    each of the suggested troubleshooting.

Perform a scan with your antivirus software.

If you have Windows Defender Antivirus installed, please perform a scan to determine whether or not a virus or a malware is causing the issue. Please see Scan
    an item with Windows Defender Antivirus
    for the detailed steps.

Disable Windows Search.

Windows Search makes searching files on your computer much faster. However, frequent use make cause slow PC performance as its indexing the searched files. To temporarily disable Windows Search, follow these steps:

1. Right-click the Windows key and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    2. In the command prompt window, type in net.exe stop "Windows search" and press
      Enter.

In case the disk usage still the same, then try to permanently disable Windows Search. Here's how:

1. Press Windows key + R.
    2. In the Run field, type in services.
    3. In the Services (Local) list, locate Windows Search, right-click it, and select
      Properties.
    4. Set the Startup type to Disabled.
    5. Click Apply, then OK.

Disable SuperFetch.

Superfetch helps decrease boot time and makes programs load efficiently. However, it may cause high disk usage. Follow these steps to disable the service:

1. Right-click the Windows key and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    2. In the command prompt window, type in net.exe stop superfetch and press
      Enter.

Please let me know the result so I can assist you further if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

problem of 100% usage of Hard Drive

1. problem of 100% usage of Hard Drive - Similar Threads - problem 100% usage

2. EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE running at 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE running at 100% disk usage: Hi!I've been encountering a problem recently with my TOSHIBA DTB410 1TB External Hard Drive whenever I connect it to my laptop. I've been using it for almost 2 years now and I've had no problem with it except the last few days. My file explorer slows down to a crawl and when...
  3. EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE running at 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE running at 100% disk usage: Hi!I've been encountering a problem recently with my TOSHIBA DTB410 1TB External Hard Drive whenever I connect it to my laptop. I've been using it for almost 2 years now and I've had no problem with it except the last few days. My file explorer slows down to a crawl and when...
  4. EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE running at 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hard drive problem, constaint 100%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive problem, constaint 100%: I have done everything i can possibly think of to access a storage drive that started to act weird a few days ago. I cant have it directly plugged into my pc cause the HD causes the entire computer to not function. File explore will crash constantly, Programs will take...
  6. Hard drive problem, constaint 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive problem, constaint 100%: I have done everything i can possibly think of to access a storage drive that started to act weird a few days ago. I cant have it directly plugged into my pc cause the HD causes the entire computer to not function. File explore will crash constantly, Programs will take...
  7. Hard drive problem, constaint 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. 100% Hard Drive Usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% Hard Drive Usage: I did a reset on my laptop and it took more than three hours to finish the reset. And after the reset my hard drive is taking 100% of usage allways. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-hard-drive-usage/ad56032e-8213-4046-a4c5-3c12c0d4c8db
  9. Hard drive usage at 100% windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive usage at 100% windows 10: Hi everyone, i've been having an issue lately with windows, it is showing a 100% usage of the hard drive, checked the hard drive is working perfectly fine, my laptop is almost brand new, no tasks or multiple websites open at the time, but tasks admin is always showing a 100%...
  10. My hard drive is at 100% usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My hard drive is at 100% usage: I tried everything online to fix it... i even reinstalled windows. What is causing this to happen? Its not constantly at 100%, but it goes up when i do basically anything, and at startup. Its causing my pc to slow down tremendously. Please help. submitted by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 100% disk usage crashed my hard drive