Windows 10: problem of compressed disk size symbol

Discus and support problem of compressed disk size symbol in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how to solve problem of a pc i.e desktop folders are appearing with two arrows and also appearing for newly created folders and files. plese provide... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GOVA123, Sep 28, 2018.

1. GOVA123 Win User

problem of compressed disk size symbol

how to solve problem of a pc i.e desktop folders are appearing with two arrows and also appearing for newly created folders and files.

plese provide permant soluton

:)

GOVA123, Sep 28, 2018

2. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue problem of compressed disk size symbol :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Sep 28, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Problem with compressed memory process

Hi, it's problem with various possible causes. System and compressed memory was introduced in Win 10 to optimise memory use, but can cause problems for some. Here's a collection of issues and maybe solutions. A common one is one experienced with Chrome.

Feel free to search the forum for "system and compressed memory" using the search box above.. you will find a number of threads. Here are some I've collected (unfortunately the para numbers as per my document aren't reproduced properly here)

About system and memory compression
    Windows 10 Memory Compression - Windows 10 Forums

1. Memory leak- driver

Post 18:
    System running super slow with Windows 10

Unresolved- presumed driver
    System and Compressed Memory - Windows 10 Forums

1. MS update KB3124262
    This is the update that is causing my system memory to go higher. Sometimes over 300mb to 500mb
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124262)
    consuming 1-3GB of RAM - Windows 10 Forums
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...23a?auth=1This

1. Acessing Facebook in browser
    High CPU usage - System and Compressed Memory

1. Turnoff "show me tips about Windows."
    System and compressed memory slowing down disk operation

100% disk + System and compressed memory

1. Solved- driver latency
    Is this normal? System and compressed memory process ALWAYS at 20% cpu

1. Solved - Adblock.

Windows 10 HIGH CPU Usage

1. Unresolved - tried setting pagefile size manually.

HELP - System and compressed memory constantly at 35% CPU

8. Solution/fix - Chrome and facebook

High CPU usage - System and Compressed Memory

Video card < 1Gb with Chrome- Chrome uses VRAM

dalchina, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

1. problem of compressed disk size symbol - Similar Threads - problem compressed disk

2. Disk compression

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk compression: I'm using Windows 10 with a remote USB Seagate SSD drive that is password protected. My disk filled up. I used the compression feature in Windows to make space. My PC is a laptop. My disk is 1 TB. Evidently the compression feature automatically, file by file compresses them...
  3. Disk compression

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk compression: I'm using Windows 10 with a remote USB Seagate SSD drive that is password protected. My disk filled up. I used the compression feature in Windows to make space. My PC is a laptop. My disk is 1 TB. Evidently the compression feature automatically, file by file compresses them...
  4. Disk compression

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Size and Size on disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Size and Size on disk: Hi this is what I see on Pictures property folder: [ATTACH] How come? could it be that 75GB take only 2.2GB on disk or is it the other way around?... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/size-and-size-on-disk/04a4374b-f0b9-4eac-b4b6-3b68373c3330
  6. Problem with symbol size in various software

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with symbol size in various software: When using VLC some text/symbols are very small, much smaller than the others, and smaller than the current settings. I've high lighted some areas that are affected by this problem and some that are not. Problem is also when checking picture thumbnails, even after choosing...
  7. Windows Update- Disk Size Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update- Disk Size Problem: So I am running into a new issue I never have seen before. So I am using FOG Project to image the machines in my environment. Yesterday I imaged two Lenovo T460 laptops with a Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 Image. The size of the SSD on both machines are 256gb. So when I image...
  8. How to compress PDF file size?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to compress PDF file size?: I have generated pdf's using rdlc and then combine multiple pdf files to single document using itextsharp pdfsmartcopy class. But my pdf size is large, i want to reduce the size of pdf. I have tried compression using itextsharp but that's unable to compress. When i upload the...
  9. Disk Cleanup (compress OS drive) problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup (compress OS drive) problem: Hi guys and gurus. Been giving my self yet another headache :/ Ran disk cleanup this evening, something I don't do as often as I should and discovered the 'compress OS drive' issue. Only as per usual only after it was too late. Selected to delete this thinking it was some...
  10. Disk Cleanup (compress OS drive) problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup (compress OS drive) problem: Hi guys and gurus. Been giving my self yet another headache :/ Ran disk cleanup this evening, something I don't do as often as I should and discovered the 'compress OS drive' issue. Only as per usual only after it was too late. Selected to delete this thinking it was some...