Windows 10: Problem of connection Windows 10 notebook and TV using HDMI

Discus and support Problem of connection Windows 10 notebook and TV using HDMI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I connect notebook with Windows 10 and Android TV Sony using HDMI. Information banner about HDMI connection info appears on TV from time to time. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by АлександрГромаков, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Problem of connection Windows 10 notebook and TV using HDMI

I connect notebook with Windows 10 and Android TV Sony using HDMI. Information banner about HDMI connection info appears on TV from time to time. It does not depend on my actions with notebook. Banner just appear on TV randomly. It is very annoying. I have googled this problem and understand that it is caused by some changes if HDMI signal. But I can not understand what to do.

:)

АлександрГромаков, Apr 4, 2021

2. No sound when connected to TV through HDMI, no suggestion worked so far

As I've learned by now I'm by far not the first person asking this, but as of yet, no other mentioned suggestion has helped me. I have two notebooks running Windows 10 Pro, one will switch without any issues to the TV speakers when connected through HDMI,
    the other one though will continue to use the notebook speakers. In "sounds" there are only the notebooks' speakers listed (I've checked show disabled and disconnected devices etc). I've restarted the notebook while connected to the TV, nothing. I've rolled
    the driver back, nothing. I've disabled the driver and restarted, nothing. I've uninstalled the driver and reinstalled, nothing. Trying to update the driver tells me the newest version is installed. Downloaded a software from Realtek to manually install a
    driver, did nothing. I've tried a different HDMI cable, I've tried all three HDMI slots on the TV, I've tried duplicate, extend, only use the TV screen, no luck. Also tried directly in the vlc player to select a different output, but there was only the laptop
    speaker listed. Those are all the suggestions I've found online so far and I really don't know what else I could try. Any suggestion would be helpful!

J6518635431, Apr 4, 2021
  3. ThundaBG Win User
    Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

Hello everyone!

First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread.

I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a game. There have been no hardware or software changes whatsoever that would affect it.

TV is SAMSUNG, Model: UE32J4000AW. Laptop info is available in My PC Specs. (laptop is brand new, week or two old)

Here's what I've tried so far:

• 3 different HDMI cables
    • switching between ports on TV
    • tried all projection options on Laptop
    • Disable / Enable both Intel and Nvidia drivers
    • Rollback Intel GPU driver and installed it back to latest version
    • Re-installed Nvidia driver
    • Restarted PC and TV
    • Scan for hardware changes through Device Manager
    • Checked Intel and Nvidia control panels - there were no available options
    • Apparently both HDMI ports on the TV work as I tried them with a tv box.

I think that's all I've tried so far, will add anything else if missed. Open to suggestions.

ThundaBG, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Problem of connection Windows 10 notebook and TV using HDMI

connecting smart TV with windows 10 PC using HDMI cable

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the make and model number of your TV and your computer?
    2. Do you get any error message on the TV or on your computer when trying to connect the computer and TV using HDMI Cable?
    3. We appreciate that you have performed the troubleshooting steps, so could you let us know what troubleshooting steps you have already tried?

Meanwhile, follow the below steps and see if this helps.

Before trying the below steps, turn off your computer as well as your TV.

Step 1: Plug one end of the HDMI Port in the TV and the other to the computers HDMI Port. Then, turn on both your computer as well as TV.

Note: Make sure that the TV is set to the exact HDMI Channel from the Input Settings (refer your TV manual).

Step 2: Once you perform the Step 1, the computer should output its screen automatically to the TV. If it failed to do so, then follow below steps.

Step 3: Press the Windows key and the R key from your keyboard and type
    Control and hit Enter.

Step 4: Switch the View by Category to
    Small icons
    > Click on Display > On the left pane, click on
    Adjust resolution.

Step 5: Under Display, click on the drop-down list and choose your TV name select the appropriate resolution for the TV to display.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Problem of connection Windows 10 notebook and TV using HDMI

1. Problem of connection Windows 10 notebook and TV using HDMI - Similar Threads - Problem connection notebook

2. Powerpoint problems with HDMI connection to TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powerpoint problems with HDMI connection to TV: Until relatively recently, PowerPoint presentations would display perfectly on an external TV via an HDMI connection. This all changed I assume some update messed it up and now when a video with sound is on a slide either the sound is badly lagging or the whole thing freezes....
  3. Powerpoint problems with HDMI connection to TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powerpoint problems with HDMI connection to TV: Until relatively recently, PowerPoint presentations would display perfectly on an external TV via an HDMI connection. This all changed I assume some update messed it up and now when a video with sound is on a slide either the sound is badly lagging or the whole thing freezes....
  4. Connect PC to TV in Windows 11 using HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect PC to TV in Windows 11 using HDMI: How do I connect my PC to TV in Windows 11 using HDMI? In Windows 10 I simply connected the HDMI cable and the PC detected the TV as a monitor, but Windows 11 does not detect the TV. Can anyone tell me how to do this with Windows 11?...
  5. Connect PC to TV in Windows 11 using HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect PC to TV in Windows 11 using HDMI: How do I connect my PC to TV in Windows 11 using HDMI? In Windows 10 I simply connected the HDMI cable and the PC detected the TV as a monitor, but Windows 11 does not detect the TV. Can anyone tell me how to do this with Windows 11?...
  6. problem with connecting TV using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with connecting TV using HDMI cable: My HDIM connect used to work fine but now I am unable to connect my TV using HDMI cable from my laptop. I receive an error message saying that it cannot detect another display...
  7. Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable: Hi, I am using Dell Vostro 3466 and it doesnt have HDMI port so I am using VGA to HDMI port. I am trying to connect it with my smart tv but it says no signal. My laptop display has been destroyed and I can barely see whats on it. Please suggest shortcuts or work arounds...
  8. connecting smart TV with windows 10 PC using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting smart TV with windows 10 PC using HDMI cable: Cannot get the TV to access the PC. Ha ve tried pretty much everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-smart-tv-with-windows-10-pc-using-hdmi/76937542-2199-4c9b-b9bc-134dd8b5828d
  9. Cant connected HDMI to TV

Cant connected HDMI to TV: i couldn't connect my HDMI cable to TV, before was connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cant-connected-hdmi-to-tv/29033afa-c0c3-465f-8053-5d171cdf0d6f
  10. Unable to connect laptop to TV using HDMI

Unable to connect laptop to TV using HDMI: Unable to connect laptop to TV using HDMI to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/unable-to-connect-laptop-to-tv-using-hdmi/b058f875-da8e-4e32-8fe8-fd0a80e6e6d4