Windows 10: Problem of desktop icons not appearing in the desktop folder.

Discus and support Problem of desktop icons not appearing in the desktop folder. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some people may have run into this problem. Here's a possible solution. Copy the desktop icon and paste it into another folder like the download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertFare, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Problem of desktop icons not appearing in the desktop folder.

Some people may have run into this problem. Here's a possible solution. Copy the desktop icon and paste it into another folder like the download folder. Rename the icon you have created. Put it on the desktop. It should appear on both the desktop and in the desktop folder. Erase the original icon. Then rename the new icon that you have created. It worked for me. Hope it helps you.

:)

RobertFare, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Problem with desktop icons

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could be caused if the Desktop Icons are hidden.

1. May I know, if you are aware of any recent changes made to the system after which you are facing this issue?
    2. Which version and edition of Windows is installed on the computer?

I suggest you go through this articleShow, hide, or
    resize desktop icons
    follow the steps, if the icons are hidden, you should get it back.

If you want to pin any icon to desktop you can check

Pin apps and folders to the desktop or taskbar
    and you can easily access them from the desktop screen.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Problem of desktop icons not appearing in the desktop folder.

Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Problem of desktop icons not appearing in the desktop folder.

1. Problem of desktop icons not appearing in the desktop folder. - Similar Threads - Problem desktop icons

2. No icons appear on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No icons appear on desktop: Files don't appear on desktop but do in the desktop folder in the file explorer. The recycle bin icon turned into that gray rectangle at the top of the desktop that stretches the entire width of the screen. Icons don't appear in the desktop icon settings....
  3. No icons appear on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No icons appear on desktop: Files don't appear on desktop but do in the desktop folder in the file explorer. The recycle bin icon turned into that gray rectangle at the top of the desktop that stretches the entire width of the screen. Icons don't appear in the desktop icon settings....
  4. Desktop icon appearance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon appearance: When I moved my desktop icons across from my old to new computer both Acers and both using Windows 10 most of the icon tiles are now plain white and do not feature the distinctive site logo as was the case before.How can I restore?...
  5. Desktop icon appearance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon appearance: When I moved my desktop icons across from my old to new computer both Acers and both using Windows 10 most of the icon tiles are now plain white and do not feature the distinctive site logo as was the case before.How can I restore?...
  6. Desktop icon appearance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Desktop Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Folder Icons: I changed my desktop folder icons through properties in the folder the folder is not a shortcut. I downloaded a icon and used that and every couple minutes, the icon changes back to its default. Is there any way to fix this?...
  8. No icons appear on the desktop

No icons appear on the desktop: When I open Microsoft, the desktop is completely blank. None of the icons or shortcuts appear. When I try to add one, nothing shows up, but it is indicated that the shortcut already exists. How do I get my original desktop back?...
  9. "Desktop" icon not appearing

"Desktop" icon not appearing: Hello, I helped a user take his Desktop and change the location to his one drive, which promplty migrated the files to his onedrive no problem. The issue is, we didnt set up a Desktop folder on the onedrive first so, all the files are just listed in the base directory. Now...
  10. Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop

Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop: I keep getting a icon, labelled "desktop" on my desktop. I have listed the content below. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 I have recently reinstalled Windows 10....